Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
Blown330

Drives: 2016 Stingray Z51
Bad News From Dealer

I stopped by the dealer yesterday to see if their system had 1LE pricking yet and if they had any info on when they could order one and I was told that they got ZERO allocation of the 1LE for the quarter, which means they can put in an order and it may or may not get picked up til next quarter which is January. Does this sound right? I thought no one got allocation yet? Well this gives me more time to decide if I want a 1LE or a 2SS
Blown330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
I stopped by the dealer yesterday to see if their system had 1LE pricking yet and if they had any info on when they could order one and I was told that they got ZERO allocation of the 1LE for the quarter, which means they can put in an order and it may or may not get picked up til next quarter which is January. Does this sound right? I thought no one got allocation yet? Well this gives me more time to decide if I want a 1LE or a 2SS
The allocation would be for a SS, because the 1LE is only a 'package' and does not require one like say, the ZL1. Maybe the package is not orderable yet, or the constraint on the LT1 is preventing the dealer from placing an order.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Yeah I hate to be a Debbie downer but I have a strong feeling the 1LEs wont be hitting the dealerships till January or later. I hope I'm wrong!
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
bruinmd

Drives: 2016 2SS Vert/Black/M6/NPP/Mag ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
The sales manager at one of the dealerships I went to called his rep in front of me, and the rep told him 2 more weeks and then they could accept orders.

Who knows if that changes in 2 weeks.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Ah the good ole "two weeks"
Attached Images

Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #6
KH6GEN1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1le
Supposedly, SOP for the 1LE starts the week of October 17th. From a timing standpoint, all the timings for the Camaro's and Vette's have launched on time. The 50th Anniversary launched on time. Some people got their car in 1.5 month's, some people got their car in 3.5 month's. All depends on allocation. Keep your heads up guys. If you order as soon as we can, I'm sure we'll have our car's this year.
KH6GEN1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
The allocation would be for a SS, because the 1LE is only a 'package' and does not require one like say, the ZL1. Maybe the package is not orderable yet, or the constraint on the LT1 is preventing the dealer from placing an order.
This. There will be no "allocation" for the 1LE. That's why people are crazy for thinking there will be some sort of ADM on these. The dealer may order one and try ADM on someone who doesn't know better, but any Tom, Dick, or Harry can walk in and order one the way they want and use their negotiating skills.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:13 PM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
This. There will be no "allocation" for the 1LE. That's why people are crazy for thinking there will be some sort of ADM on these. The dealer may order one and try ADM on someone who doesn't know better, but any Tom, Dick, or Harry can walk in and order one the way they want and use their negotiating skills.
True, but all dealers still have Camaro allocations in general all the time. Your dealer may tell you they "have" an allocation, and they very well may not. Then your order sits, and sits, and sits...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Ah the good ole "two weeks"
You don't happen to be on Calguns, do you?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #10
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
True, but all dealers still have Camaro allocations in general all the time. Your dealer may tell you they "have" an allocation, and they very well may not. Then your order sits, and sits, and sits...
Yes, but I seriously doubt a dealership in NJ (where OP is) has zero Camaro SS allocation for the entire quarter.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes, but I seriously doubt a dealership in NJ (where OP is) has zero Camaro SS allocation for the entire quarter.
It doesn't quite work like that unfortunately. I know someone who was shopping on Long Island, where there are many high volume dealers, not all had the allocations. They are many things that can effect allocations. Just saying...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #12
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
You don't happen to be on Calguns, do you?
Yes I am. Lol.

Glad someone got the joke.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #13
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
It doesn't quite work like that unfortunately. I know someone who was shopping on Long Island, where there are many high volume dealers, not all had the allocations. They are many things that can effect allocations. Just saying...
Call Becky.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Yes I am. Lol.

Glad someone got the joke.
I was trying to remember if two weeks was a car thing too but then I saw your location.

Well played good sir.