Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Poor man's blind spot monitoring and homelink

I have my side mirrors adjusted correctly (away from car), but decided to install blind spot mirrors to better gauge the wheel to curb distance when parallel parking and also for a wider view in the rearward blind spot areas. I really like them - these work really well. This is the one I got and pic below shows where I mounted it. An integrated version should come from the factory. The cell phone picture didn't focus well on the mirror, but the 2" mirrors are very clear in real life.

Here's a link to the ones I bought (pack of 4). I did not use the swivel mechanism: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also noticed that there's a small shelf under the steering wheel. I have used Velcro to attach my garage door opener. It's completely out of sight and very convenient. I originally planned to buy the 2SS Homelink setup & harness, but decided to try this first.
Attached Images

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Nice. I thought about the blind spot mirror, I used them before when I had a 370z. (Camaro visibility is great compared to that LOL)

I guess if your only driver but if you adjust steering wheel back down does it interfere with where you put remote?
Old 07-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
not a bad idea.might have to get some of those...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
those are on all our delivery cars and they really make it nice.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:58 PM   #5
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
Nice. I thought about the blind spot mirror, I used them before when I had a 370z. (Camaro visibility is great compared to that LOL)

I guess if your only driver but if you adjust steering wheel back down does it interfere with where you put remote?
Regarding the garage remote, I can adjust the steering wheel all the way down and it doesn't interfere with anything, but would make it harder to reach that location to push the button. I didn't check clearance with the steering wheel pushed all the way in. Since I'm the only one that drives the car it works for me in this location.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:35 AM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
did the blind spot mirrors on my 5th gen worked great. My 6th has the auto tilt mirrors so dont need them now. good find on the shelf
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Tilt Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
did the blind spot mirrors on my 5th gen worked great. My 6th has the auto tilt mirrors so dont need them now. good find on the shelf

JC,

Sorry for the dunmb question, i did not know my 2ss had this option Where do you turn it on/off?

Loop
Old 07-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #8
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
JC,

Sorry for the dunmb question, i did not know my 2ss had this option Where do you turn it on/off?

Loop

You have to dig through the settings on the infotainment system. Don't remember exactly where off hand.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Those are the cheapest and most useful mod you can do to any vehicle. Been using them on vehicles for many many years. Love that our van and truck mirrors come with them these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote