Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #57
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
So the worst part about the dealer is what the service manaver told me when i saod that was unacceptable. He said I am not here to make your car perfect as it was noted to have blemishes on the dash already. That made me mad as they already tried to coat it with something and made it worse.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #58
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs16400 View Post
So the worst part about the dealer is what the service manaver told me when i saod that was unacceptable. He said I am not here to make your car perfect as it was noted to have blemishes on the dash already. That made me mad as they already tried to coat it with something and made it worse.

I'm from St. Louis, South County originally. What dealer was this?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #59
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Been following this thread, what you’re going thru is ridiculous.

They (dealer) are there to return your damaged panels back to perfect, and nothing less is acceptable. It was their careless, subpar tech (and his/her) workmanship that put you in this position in the first place. What’s important here is this is regardless of the condition of said dash before you brought it in. Your being treated like a third class citizen now leaves me wondering. Do they have numerous poor reviews?
Old 04-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #60
Ajs16400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I'm from St. Louis, South County originally. What dealer was this?
Jim Trenary Troy Missouri.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #61
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
OP, your next move is to calmly speak with the General Manager. Explain the situation and maybe, just maybe he’ll make this repair work for you. Clearly the service manager does not want to play ball.

On the same note, I doubt that the parts were ever ordered for your car. Unless I missed something, which is possible, you’ve never seen any of the new parts that are supposedly damaged? The way that most businesses are set up, they have cost and profit centers. The parts dept and the service dept are in different orbits (with respect to the aforementioned). The service dept can’t recoup parts costs that they damaged (unless they take it out of the mechanics or service manager pay/bonus or the GM steps in to make a business decision for you) However, the service dept can recoup labor by billing someone else extra time to fix your car, which I believe is the plan by painting it ( I think he thinks you’re just going to go away) Again, I’d give the GM a shot at helping you. If that doesn’t work, I’d live with pic #1, and if the other damage bothers you that much, I’d have a custom vinyl wrap done on it.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #62
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
What do you do if your Chevy dealer is also a Cadillac dealer? That's my situation.

Everyone makes mistakes. The proof of the pudding is whether they fix their mistakes or start gaslighting you.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #63
Ajs16400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
OP, your next move is to calmly speak with the General Manager. Explain the situation and maybe, just maybe he’ll make this repair work for you. Clearly the service manager does not want to play ball.

On the same note, I doubt that the parts were ever ordered for your car. Unless I missed something, which is possible, you’ve never seen any of the new parts that are supposedly damaged? The way that most businesses are set up, they have cost and profit centers. The parts dept and the service dept are in different orbits (with respect to the aforementioned). The service dept can’t recoup parts costs that they damaged (unless they take it out of the mechanics or service manager pay/bonus or the GM steps in to make a business decision for you) However, the service dept can recoup labor by billing someone else extra time to fix your car, which I believe is the plan by painting it ( I think he thinks you’re just going to go away) Again, I’d give the GM a shot at helping you. If that doesn’t work, I’d live with pic #1, and if the other damage bothers you that much, I’d have a custom vinyl wrap done on it.
Yeah I have see pictures of the first set ordered and saw the 2nd one in person that showed up. I gave them 4 options and we will see how that goes.

Options were as they were goimg to pay $650 to have painted.

1. We keeping ordering both trim pieces until we have 2 near perfect pieces to install.*

2. I take the $650 you are willing to pay color match to do the work and make this my problem to figure out what i want to do and you would no longer be responsible for this issue.

3. You would no longer be responsible for the top dash piece and would replace the front trim piece with a new good piece and cover the cost of the replacement steering wheel that GM wouldnt.

4. You replace the front trim piece and owe me $350 and i would be responsible for getting the upper dash fixed.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #64
Ajs16400

With alot of q tips, time(8 hours),patience and adams interior cleaner i was able to get that coating 95% off. Just need the front trim and reimbursement for my time.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #65
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
With alot of q tips, time(8 hours),patience and adams interior cleaner i was able to get that coating 95% off. Just need the front trim and reimbursement for my time.

Wow, that sucks. Perfect interior and the dealer marks it up like that. Unacceptable.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #66
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Tell them you’ll murder them on the survey unless they do this the right way by replacing your panels with genuine, brand new, unblemished panels.

The dealers and GM take those service surveys very seriously.

Tell them if they do right by you they will get an excellent response. If not, you’ll tear them up.

Then do it.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #67
Ajs16400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Tell them you’ll murder them on the survey unless they do this the right way by replacing your panels with genuine, brand new, unblemished panels.

The dealers and GM take those service surveys very seriously.

Tell them if they do right by you they will get an excellent response. If not, you’ll tear them up.

Then do it.
I already got GM involved as i have done service many times and never a survey. GM wasnt much help.with my steerimg wheel and not sure how much help they will be here. Time will tell. The service manager is talking to tje owner and said he would get back to me on the options i gave him.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:21 AM   #68
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA18CamaroSS View Post
Yeah, but German cars are stupid. Cartridge filters should be outlawed!
Are you insinuating that one of the noted is a German car..? We have Italian, French, Japanese & American...but no German listed.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #69
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
This thread makes me sick. The dealer not only messes up, but drags the OP around the bush while he tries to remedy the situation.

Unfortunately, this exactly what I would expect from a GM dealer (subpar work, lack of empathy and 0 accountability). I would've likely done the dash work myself, or at least try to, before taking it in.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:40 PM   #70
Ajs16400

Well the dealer is not wanting any part of fixing it. Tbey are just going to throw the $650 they were goimg to.pay to have it painted. To me this shows the dealer has no faith in parts supplied by Gm as i think they are tired of getting crap pieces.