Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
iAmTheKronk

Drives: 2019 Camaro LT
Doing a V6 Build and Needing Suggestions!

So I've got my 2019 Chevrolet Camaro with the LGX V6. I'm wanting to move up in the horsepower bracket for a care that I can race on the tracks and strips, and have that car that I can also (maybe) daily drive. Looking for some advice on what I should do or where I should start.

Sidenote- I'm fully aware thar I've got a V6 and not a V8, and all the critiques that come with that. Y'all V8 owners are on a higher step on the perverbial ladder, and that is fine with me. Yeah its gonna be a money-sink with less of a fun payoff than a V8, fully accepting that the day I bought it.

I'm also a bit of a mild neanderthal as far as performance parts goes, so if I seem a bit blank, apologies in advance.

Lastly that I'm straight not going for an E-85 kit. Registered in GA so Emmissions is not a problem. Lets hear it!
iAmTheKronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Heat Magnet

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Since emissions aren't an issue on Georgia, basically start from the engine and work your way back to the exhaust. Headers, cam, intake, power adder, test pipes, etc. Whatever people are dumping onto the V8, apply that to the V6.
  2. 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
    Black, Redline Edition, 1LE Suspension Package, 10L80 transmission, NPP, Body color high wing spoiler, Ground effects kit, 48-state legal Brembo brakes
Heat Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTheKronk View Post
So I've got my 2019 Chevrolet Camaro with the LGX V6. I'm wanting to move up in the horsepower bracket for a care that I can race on the tracks and strips, and have that car that I can also (maybe) daily drive. Looking for some advice on what I should do or where I should start.

Sidenote- I'm fully aware thar I've got a V6 and not a V8, and all the critiques that come with that. Y'all V8 owners are on a higher step on the perverbial ladder, and that is fine with me. Yeah its gonna be a money-sink with less of a fun payoff than a V8, fully accepting that the day I bought it.

I'm also a bit of a mild neanderthal as far as performance parts goes, so if I seem a bit blank, apologies in advance.

Lastly that I'm straight not going for an E-85 kit. Registered in GA so Emmissions is not a problem. Lets hear it!
There are 2 ways to go fast with a 6th gen v6.

1) procharger kit, $5Kish plus custome tune. Add methanol kit for max effort. 500+rwhp

2) spray the f#ck out of it with nitrous, as safely as possible window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, etc. with a stand alone and race fuel in the auxiliary tank.

Both methods will get you about the same power. Anything else you do will be for insignificant gains.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:56 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Besides forced induction of some sort you really are limited. But having a 2018 V6 myself I can say adding a good ported throttle body, and a axle back exhaust has really improved throttle response, sound, and overall fun factor. Doing a good tune as well will really make the car feel more lively and fun
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #5
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Besides forced induction of some sort you really are limited. But having a 2018 V6 myself I can say adding a good ported throttle body, and a axle back exhaust has really improved throttle response, sound, and overall fun factor. Doing a good tune as well will really make the car feel more lively and fun
Did you feel any decent power increase?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #6
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Did you feel any decent power increase?
Not really any power increase, but definitely throttle response and sound of course. Makes the car feel faster but my 0-60 times haven't changed
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:54 PM   #7
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote