Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 01-25-2021, 10:41 PM   #85
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Check out https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10373725 before your reply is deleted.

Where in NJ are you? Up north? Come spring we should get together and discuss the state of the world
Yea Brother... that guys hitting all the nails on the head.
I think theres more of us than them. Were just too busy working.
Soon they will be trying to take our guns so we cant stop them from taking everything else.
Yea Im up in Hunterdon. Grew up in Essex Cnty. Weve been coming to Lacy in Ocean Cnty really since the 50s. Regular Bennies. Only we were there for 60 years.
539 and some of the other roads were deserted in the 70s. Straight as an arrow for miles. Used them like Bonneville. Used to be freedom then.
Its funny. I was going on a Ford Forum after I got my 250. Met a crew from all over the country. All just the same. Started getting kicked out by the mods for political or other shenanigans. So everyone left. One guy set up some kind of thing on Google. Hangouts. So maybe theres 15 guys or so just BSing.
I imagine just like the truck guys most of the Camaro guys share a lot of perspective.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:41 AM   #86
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit View Post
Wouldn't be suprised if the performance GM EV Camaro offering isn't as least as fast as a Tesla plaid. Now with that said, Tesla roadster may be the benchmark in ev performance but it's not available to actually drive. I don't think GM is out of the EV performance market and wouldn't be suprised if it ends up being competitive.
If it's anywhere near as fast as some of Tesla's top models and looks like a Camaro I'm sold day one. Hopefully they don't pull a Ford and make something similar to the Mach E.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:29 AM   #87
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The one thing I have noticed in the "everything" electric discussions that people are forgetting, is that they are basically forcing you to have a special charger put in your residence.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:30 AM   #88
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Looks like Dodge is ready. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/26/...scle-cars.html
Old 01-26-2021, 08:41 AM   #89
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
My sister drives 1 mile to the train station and back each day for work. Shes been in BMWs for maybe 12 or 15 years. This last one was a total POS. X3 with 4 cyl... Her lease is up in March and the car has less than 10,000 miles on it. It was in the shop at times for over a week. I think at least 15 overnight shop stays due to computer issues... part failures... plus one time she asked me to put air in the tires. I couldnt even put the air in because you need a special adaptor.
So she asked if an EV might be good for her. So I researched the Teslas a bit. Very expensive. They do have pretty good range. If you leave them sit they dont discharge with the new batteries. I guess they are lithium. Im thinking you can leave them plugged at home all the time and they will just stay topped off.
Her clothes dryer is right adjacent to the driveway so running a plug to the wall right where she parks would be easy.
Did I say expensive? I did some quick math and I doubt there would be any savings in energy cost with gas under 3 bucks a gallon. But for her it might be a decent option.
So now with a renewed onslaught against U.S. energy independence we could see dramatic increases in fuel costs. Intentionally driving up gas to make EVs almost sort of competitive if they bring some that dont cost 50 grand and up that are viable vehicles.
Of course then the cost of electricity will rise with demand and the stress on the already fragile over burdened grid will cause energy costs to go up for everyone whether they drive or not.
If the government is involved .... It will fail.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #90
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Simple as this, auto makers try to predict the future. Sometimes they miss and sometimes they hit. This is a miss. If it wasn't, why are customers not purchasing Hybrids and electric vehicles they already make now. There are just too many issues with EV's right now. The fixes for them and the darn cost outweigh the benefits.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #91

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Chevy killed their own Volt hybrid. Just when they announced they are going all-electric, they stopped making the only hybrid car in their line-up. They claimed it was the car-buying public that did not understand the benefits of hybrid cars. The car did exactly what it claimed, but did not sell.

A hybrid Camaro would just be a re-run of the Volt, and suffer the same fate.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #92
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The one thing I have noticed in the "everything" electric discussions that people are forgetting, is that they are basically forcing you to have a special charger put in your residence.
If you want the fastest and easiest charging available, yes. However, all of them come with a charging cable that simply plugs into a 120v or 240v outlet.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #93
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
The new Chevy EV ad getting played on YouTube lately features that same Camaro esque silhouette. Might be a good sign for a 7th gen.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #94
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
The thing I do not ever see addressed with EV's is the used car market. What is a used EV worth? If you keep an EV until the battery is on it's last legs, what kind of resale you going to get for it?

I will not own an EV until I'm forced to. That could be by the price of a gallon of gas I suppose, but until I have to buy one, I will not.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #95
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
CANADA is paying over $4 for a gallon of gas, this still hasn't changed the appetite for EV's. Sales are still slow. That's why politicians here want to force us to buy these vehicles. That's always the prescription for poor policies. BTW...airlines are bigger polluters than cars...where are their electric motors?????
Old 01-26-2021, 10:41 AM   #96
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
What hasn't even occurred to them yet is the matter of having to recharge more than one EV at the same time, such as where the commutes are incompatible or where people simply have to go in different directions at the same time on a fairly regular basis.

Norm
Old 01-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #97
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Every time I see this crap it just makes my blood pressure go up and want to punch the politicians. Like, seriously knock their teeth out.

Let the market decide, don't force these f'ing electric toasters on us. Time to start seriously deciding if you still want our America that we grew up in or a pile of garbage.

I will NEVER own an electric toaster.

F them all.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #98
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If you want the fastest and easiest charging available, yes. However, all of them come with a charging cable that simply plugs into a 120v or 240v outlet.
I said "basically".

Not everyone has 240 available in their garage, even if they have a garage.

and 120 is insanely slow and inefficient.

Closed Thread