Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
JD-252

Drives: Chevy Camaro '18 2SS, Mitsu Lancer
Searching: SS 1LE Front Rotor Hats (new or used)

Hi Guys,

my Name is Julian, owner of a 2018 camaro SS EU version (since I live in Germany) and desperately looking for the brake hat and clamps of the SS 1LEs front brake discs.

Since I would like to go on light trackdays from time to time I plan to upgrade my front brake setup to the SS 1LE style. Even with better brake fluid and ducting, the 345mm discs overheated after 15 minutes. However, the 1LE option was never officially available in Germany.

I got some slotted corvette C7 Z06 front rotors from a friend but the Aluminium hat of the Camaro SS 1LE is about 1cm thicker than the hat of the Corvette. It seems that the SS 1LE and the Cadillac ATS-V use the same hats but they differ from corvette c7 Z06 and Cadillac CTS-V hats (see picture)

This is why I'm looking for two 1LE hats and the clamps that come with it. I've seen that I can order new bolts and nuts (since they have to be replaced) from KNS-Brakes.

Maybe one of you has a pair of old OEM 1LE brake discs and can disassemble the hats or - even better - you know where to get such a hat from in new condition. I'm looking for three days now but I wasn't successful

Since the hats are not that voluminous it shouldn't be to expensive to send it to germany with e.g. FEDEX or UPS. I could pay with paypal.

Would be extremely glad if someone could help me out.

Regards, Julian
Attached Images

JD-252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:01 AM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
You are correct that the SS 1LE and ATS-V share a common rotor design, including the hat. Unfortunately, aside from purchasing new SS 1LE/ ATS-V rotors there isn't a way to buy new hats/springs/bobbins from Brembo or through aftermarket sources. You'll have to look for used parts like you mentioned. Good luck in the search!
Old 09-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Dang, I just dumped my used ZLE front rotors (with hats). Not sure if those hats are the same between SS 1LE and ZLE (they probably are). Maybe worth checking for ZL1/ZLE brake rotors in your search as well.

Previous cars:
- 2018 Miata RF GT (Machine Gray/Auburn)
- 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE (Summit White)
- 2008 BMW 135i (Montego Blue)
- 1996 BMW 328i (Arctic Silver)
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i just got a zzp big brake kit i tried to find a used ss 1le kit for a good price and i just couldnt find one check them out!
Old 09-25-2020, 04:11 AM   #5
JD-252

Drives: Chevy Camaro '18 2SS, Mitsu Lancer
Hi,

unfurtunately it's almost impossible to use any aftermarket brake discs legally in Germany, especially if you have a "unique" car (this is especially true for the camaro here). It's even very hard to get this done with OEM parts.

- - > This is why I cant use e.g. Girodisc sets and because of that I have to get the OEM hats (I can only use genuine Brembo/GM discs).

Unfortunately I didn't get a response yet from the member who is selling his old 1LE rotors (they would be perfect) :/

Regards, Julian
JD-252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:13 AM   #6
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Yeah good luck it took me a better part of a year to find both front and rear hats for a 5th Gen and the hardware as well. I scored a set of ZL1 front hats and Z28 rear hats and hardware. Look at Ken at KNS brakes for new hardware (nuts and bolts) he doesn’t have the clips and bobbins.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote