Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
modern spare

I have a 16 ats coupe with brenbo brakes, more traffic over here, I got rid of the runflat tires, now i should have a spare, has anybody had any experience with the modern spare, I have room in my trunk to carry one. They tell me it will clear the brenbo brakes on the front.
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Midblues

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 Turbo 4 LT 6sp
I purchased one with the jack seems fine haven't had to use it. Its a real tire not a space saver , however it is about an 1 inch smaller circumference then the tires on car. I called them and they said the car manufactures GM states a spare within one inch of original tire size is fine. Not sure how true that is. I wouldn't leave it on long but it will get you home.
Midblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
Gr3m27

Drives: Camaro
I bought one when I went to the PS4S and think it is a great buy. Had a little scratch on the wheel from shipping but since I am local they swapped it out for me. The wheel looks good and the tire is a nice pirelli tire. The kit is very well put together in the bag and it is not that heavy. It does take up a bit of room in the trunk and I haven't found a way to keep it from sliding around but it makes me feel better about our road trips.
Gr3m27 is offline   Reply With Quote