Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #477
CRBWS6

Drives: 2018 White 1SS 1LE SCCA BS
On other RWD platforms, I have typically run 0 toe front to retain some streetability. And on the rear a little bit of toe in.
CRBWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #478
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBWS6 View Post
On other RWD platforms, I have typically run 0 toe front to retain some streetability. And on the rear a little bit of toe in.
I agree with this. While a bit of toe out up front might help increase front cornering grip, it tears up the inside should of tires fast when you also have negative camber. The problem with getting rear toe in is that it limits the amount of negative camber you can get. So running anywhere from a teeny bit of toe in to zero is probably what you want, and then all the camber you can get with that toe setting.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #479
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T
From the latest event a couple of weeks ago. The local club is just running TNT events this year, so no official results. But I run timing, so I get to see the times being run, and I'm really only being beat by the R-Comp guys.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #480
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
I finally got off the stock 20" SC3's and onto 19" MRR's with 295/305 SC3's. Significantly better I have to say. Still not quite where I want to be, but it is definitely capable of being a nats trophy car at this point. The course was a bit non ideal, but I still did better than usual. 4th in PAX. Note the 1st gear pin turn - lots of throttle patience there to not light 'em up! Really felt better about my throttle inputs this time, not as much barking and catching.

https://youtu.be/o7F-15ijY4I
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #481
CRBWS6

Drives: 2018 White 1SS 1LE SCCA BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTXracer View Post
I finally got off the stock 20" SC3's and onto 19" MRR's with 295/305 SC3's. Significantly better I have to say.
Interesting. Do you think it's due to fresh rubber, larger front width, or are the 19's a different compound?

BTW - I just ordered OEM SC3's to replace the MPS4s that came with the car. At least initially, my motivation was to avoid being a tire/wheel swapper....that and the irresistible price. Its nice to spend less on tires than I did on the STU car
CRBWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #482
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Last autox of the season was 50 degrees and cloudy, it was fun as always but OEM SC3s never came close to warming up and I was around 2s slower than normal. Normal also isn't that great compared to when it's a really hot day and they actually perform as intended, which maybe happened a few times this year out of a dozen or so events. I did really well when the tires cooperated, and it's more fun.

I have to think other sizes of SC3 are a totally different compound vs OEM sizes.

I've decided OEM SC3 are simply a bad idea for autox use unless it's really hot and sunny out. Even then, if you have to run 1st at 9am it's not long enough for the sun to warm up the surface enough. So, Falken 660 next season, 315/18s...
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #483
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
I felt like the car was just better everywhere from the worn stock 20's to the fresh 19's. Not terribly better, just a bit better. The OE tires are great and are still just as fast now as they were new. They now have 80 AX runs and @2.5hrs of track time on them and are below 2/32 in the centers. The new tires may not have been most of the improvement, as the much lighter 19" setup saves over 20lbs and shrinks the tire diameter almost 1" which improves accel and gearing significantly over the 20's. The 295 front did bring the balance forward slightly, but not enough to worry about adding a bar.