Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #589
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
I swear. This is my last post......And I will never visit this thread again.
Yes you will... you can't help yourself.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #590
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
All the people that are whining about all of this are the ones that have never had no said to them in their lives......
I think this is by far the most stupid statement I've ever heard.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #591
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Due to coronavirus our boss ordered to make a shift towards automation. I guess that the whole year we will be focused on that thing how to implement as much automation into our business processes as possible. On top of that we implemented unified communication into our daily routine. And the result was awesome. Have a look at the article https://voximplant.com/blog/what-is-unified-communication for more details

Last edited by Lockimin; 09-07-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: additional info
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #592
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Cool! Send me 100 bucks then and I'll send you 10 back. After all, something s better than nothing, right?

A 100% preventable event vs. an event that will happen. It's only a matter of time until you get it, if you haven't already.

Redundant statement... Mask or no mask, the germaphobes have drastically altered everyone's life over a .3% chance of dying.
The ironic part? They have better than a 3x greater chance of dying as they drive to and from the store where they need to wear their mask.
The double bonus ironic part? The people who want to make everyone wear the mask have been saying for the last 50 years that the planet is overpopulated and we need a "plague" to kill off the "parasites" that are destroying the earth.

Now, a "pandemic" is here, they are all scared to death. You'd think they'd be holding hands, singing praises to Gaia that their wishes have been answered. Go figure...

Seriously? Trained professionals who have the proper masks, properly worn, who change them after every patient vs. "Ethyl" who's aunt made her a mask with over sized elastic straps so "it fits loose and doesn't hurt". As a bonus, she hasn't washed in a week because she only wears it for a few minutes in a store and it "isn't dirty yet".

GREAT COMPARISON!

Again, (semi)preventable accidents vs. a virus that WILL infect everyone on the planet eventually. There is no one alive that can say they have never caught a cold or had the flu. (Unless you want to be ludicrous and say babies haven't).

You WILL get this flu type infection. Just a matter of time..

Fortunately, it's a virus that you have a 99.7% chance of surviving.
Spot on! Not such a Dumb Ass after all.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #593
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
I swear. This is my last post......And I will never visit this thread again.
How much money do the drug companies make each year off of over the counter rememdies? Like theraflu,nyquil, etc,,,. Always,,,,ALWAYS about the money. If they cured the cold or the flu, they all would go out of business.........
Have you EVER bothered to read the label on all these over the counter medicines you talk about? NONE of them say they cure the cold. The say they relieve symptoms. Big difference!!!
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:45 AM   #594
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Have you EVER bothered to read the label on all these over the counter medicines you talk about? NONE of them say they cure the cold. The say they relieve symptoms. Big difference!!!
he means if someone released a cure for the common cold those companies would not be able to sell their symptom relief products.....
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:31 AM   #595
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Speaking on what the original title of this thread was...

My life has been affected by this for sure. If you know anything about the military then we have to move every few years unless you get lucky and are allowed to stay in the same region. I am Navy and have been for 16 years now. My wife and I agreed to be on a geobatchelor tour in Japan. I would be out here and she would be able to come and go from Japan as she pleased as long as I was inport. That was in 2019 when I was selected for orders.

Fast forward to 2020 and when covid really became a thing, decisions got hard. I had to separate from my family because of where I was to head to in March of this year. My family was left in New York and I had to drive across country for a school. When I was due to leave the school in late April, I couldn't just leave because my orders weren't modified due to the national situation. I was stuck in San Diego for another seven weeks waiting to be released. Once I finally was, I had to drive back to New York and after nine days I was on a flight heading to Japan.

Usually I would be looking forward to Christmas time to fly back home, but that would mean taking 45 days of leave( two weeks SIP, two weeks leave, and two more weeks SIP) just to be with family for a meaningful period of time. Because of a choice made well before this, I could go my entire tour of two years without seeing my two year old daughter and 10 month old son.

This situation sucks for everyone and regardless of how you feel concerning this life-altering poopery we should all look for better times. Appreciate the time you get to spend with your loved ones.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #596
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Some older gentlemen and I were discussing the effects of covid19 on our lives, we all agreed, this is not our worst season.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2020, 05:17 PM   #597
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I work in the health care industry, my job is in purchasing buying the supplies needed to run the medical facility. Everything from medical supplies to medical equipment to housekeeping supplies. In the almost 20 years I've been doing this job, it's never been so difficult to get the supplies needed for our staff to do their daily jobs.

I used to be able to place orders for anything, and it would arrive in a day or two. Now it seems everything, even items you wouldn't expect are in limited supply or on back order for several weeks to several months.

Every day is a challenge. I really like where I work and what I do, but the last several months have been exhausting. Something as simple as a few cases of exam gloves being delivered is a small victory.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:10 AM   #598
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
How long is this going to go on until we collectively say "We've had enough of the lies" and go back to living our lives normally?

If you want to believe the propaganda, hey, that's fine with me! Wear a mask and go about your life. You're "protected". Stop with the mob coercion forcing the people who understand the REAL science to play this silly little game were only .27% of the people who contract this flu actually die in the US.

That means IF you actually get it, your chances of surviving are 99.73%
Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #599
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
How long is this going to go on until we collectively say "We've had enough of the lies" and go back to living our lives normally?

If you want to believe the propaganda, hey, that's fine with me! Wear a mask and go about your life. You're "protected". Stop with the mob coercion forcing the people who understand the REAL science to play this silly little game were only .27% of the people who contract this flu actually die in the US.

I agree.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #600
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:

If you're talking US cases its 2.7%. Check your math
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #601
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
People in this country are so soft. Wearing a mask isn’t a difficult thing to do, and it protects people with compromised immune systems. The people that don’t want to wear them are either obese or can’t stand the smell of their own breath (the rest of us can’t stand your breath either).

“I can’t breathe in this thing!”

Okay, fatty lmao.

If your income was effected, then perhaps it’s time to ask yourself some hard questions. For one, how necessary is your job and what makes you think that you deserve a paycheck, if the world keeps running without you? A lot of people are struggling with the realization that a fast food employee is more important than their ability to pour drinks or entertain.

Yea, masks are annoying, but I’ll gladly wear it if it means someone will still have their grandma around this Christmas. Why? Because I’m not a selfish asshole. I’ve already had the virus, and even as an athletic 32 year old, that shit still sucked. Was I ever in danger of dying? Doubtful, but it was not a very pleasant 2.5 weeks either. And guess what? I’m just glad that I get paid sick days, or that would have sucked.

The people complaining are soft as ****.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #602
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:

Have any links to the REAL science?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote