Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 05-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #15
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
Even the passenger in the Mustang was charged with vehicular manslaughter.
Wonder if that will stick? Maybe the race was planned.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
It will stick, particularly due to the death of a visiting tourist, young mother and child. Such a waste. Very sad.

Florida law is broad and tough on street racing. More so if they have evidence that the race was planned. Participating organizers and spectators can be charged, even if they are not in the car. Clearly not intended to convict a bystander in a spontaneous race, a "street outlaws" organized street race would get evryone arrested. (yes I know the show i staged).

But there's more... If you're busted twice within 5 years for street racing, the state can sieze and keep your car.

(6) Any motor vehicle used in violation of subsection (2) by any person within 5 years after the date of a prior conviction of that person for a violation under subsection (2) may be seized and forfeited as provided by the Florida Contraband Forfeiture Act. This subsection shall only be applicable if the owner of the motor vehicle is the person charged with violating subsection (2)

As the OP said, keep it on the track.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #17
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
It will stick, particularly due to the death of a visiting tourist, young mother and child. Such a waste. Very sad.
Depends on the lawyer. Seems like these kids are relatively wealthy, ****ing off in a brand new mustang. When I was that age my vehicle was falling apart.

Im not condoning what they did, Im just saying our criminal justice system lets rapists and murderers back on the streets regularly. Why would they lock up retards for manslaughter? I mean, I hope they do, but I dont see it. The douche bag kids will all be "turning their lives around" by the time this goes to court. Watch.

Hopefully wrong.

A friend of mine was killed by a 17 yo DUI. Little shit stain got off with a slap on the wrist. Not even...
Old 05-24-2018, 09:42 PM   #18
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

Florida law is broad and tough on street racing. More so if they have evidence that the race was planned. Participating organizers and spectators can be charged, even if they are not in the car. Clearly not intended to convict a bystander in a spontaneous race, a "street outlaws" organized street race would get evryone arrested. (yes I know the show i staged).

But there's more... If you're busted twice within 5 years for street racing, the state can sieze and keep your car.

(6) Any motor vehicle used in violation of subsection (2) by any person within 5 years after the date of a prior conviction of that person for a violation under subsection (2) may be seized and forfeited as provided by the Florida Contraband Forfeiture Act. This subsection shall only be applicable if the owner of the motor vehicle is the person charged with violating subsection (2)

As the OP said, keep it on the track.
Adding to this, it appears Florida Law allows for the passenger of a vehicle to be considered a participant of any street race meaning they too will face charges / possible jail time.

That kind of sucks, the dude could have just been riding with his friend before the idiot got cocky and initiated in a race. I'd be pissed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd View Post
Depends on the lawyer. Seems like these kids are relatively wealthy, ****ing off in a brand new mustang. When I was that age my vehicle was falling apart.

Im not condoning what they did, Im just saying our criminal justice system lets rapists and murderers back on the streets regularly. Why would they lock up retards for manslaughter? I mean, I hope they do, but I dont see it. The douche bag kids will all be "turning their lives around" by the time this goes to court. Watch.

Hopefully wrong.

A friend of mine was killed by a 17 yo DUI. Little shit stain got off with a slap on the wrist. Not even...
Supposedly the teenagers got charged with two accounts of manslaughter so I'm not so sure they're getting off the hook very easily with this. In fact I kind of doubt they will.

As for them being wealthy, possibly..I could see it in this instance..but noting that I also drove a 98 Camaro when I was 18 (2004) and I was nothing close to wealthy.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #19
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Same thing happened here recently. Two guys racing in pickups and one hit an SUV and killed two kids. Sad.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #20
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
"racing a Nissan" Oooo what a big man we have here.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #21
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
When I read he was racing a Nissan, I automatically thought GT-R. Then I noticed the article stated it was a Nissan sedan.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #22
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post

That's the key part of the story that you latched onto?
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Old 05-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #23
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Too bad Ford isn’t discontinuing the Mustang, it would get a lot of really bad drivers off the road! Anyway, this is very sad and it’s not just Mustangs it’s anyone showing off or racing on the streets that can cause undue tragedy! Like the title of this thread says keep it at the race track not the streets!
plenty of used mustangs out there that have only crashed lightly.and ive seen plenty of aggressive driving on I-4 that runs from tampa to orlando.at 75 mph in the middle lane im impeding some people.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #24
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Another Sad Reason Not To Street Race...

Regardless what type of car was in this horrific tragedy it just shows not only how bad it is for yourself not to street race but how bad to others it can be. I personally don't street race as many do not here unless its a track/drag strip but this is just another reminder on the outcome that could arise if you push your car past the limits on the city/town ect. If this was my wife and kid i would have maybe lost my mind to the point of not even wanting to live anymore. So just a reminder to think before you do. Just not worth it in the end and never will be.

R.I.P to that mother and child.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...kN0?li=BBnbfcL
Old 05-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #25
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Posted a couple threads down
Old 05-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #26
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Did look a tad before posting, guess not hard enough. All good if they want to delete...
Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #27
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd View Post
Depends on the lawyer. Seems like these kids are relatively wealthy... :
Reminds me of one of my favorite lawyer quotes.
Quote:
"Just because you did it, does not mean you're guilty"
Old 05-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #28
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
If you draw a straight line using the liberal media logic of cause-and-effect high-performance cars should be banned now. The car did the killing not the driver. The gun did the killing not the shooter. People are never responsible for their actions it’s the thing that needs to be banned. I laughed and cried a little when I saw somebody say they should stop making Mustangs and save lives. That sounds scary and could come right from CNN headlines next week. And they would want to boycott ford manufacturing they had nothing to do with it like boycotting the NRA which had nothing to do with it.
Closed Thread