Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #85
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
was that darker than the current silver ice metallic?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #86
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Would putting labels on the displays been a bad idea?

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #87
Magenta Maggie

Drives: 2014 Deep Magenta Met Camaro 2SS/RS
Am I crazy or does the sign above the color samples say Camaro5...
Magenta Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #88
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta Maggie View Post
Am I crazy or does the sign above the color samples say Camaro5...
It's the camaro5 logo indicating the photos belong to camaro5.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #89
Magenta Maggie

Drives: 2014 Deep Magenta Met Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
It's the camaro5 logo indicating the photos belong to camaro5.
Right, but this post is labeled "Here are the 2016 Camaro Colors", not camaro5 colors... Just trying to make sure there wasn't a booboo.
Magenta Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #90
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta Maggie View Post
Right, but this post is labeled "Here are the 2016 Camaro Colors", not camaro5 colors... Just trying to make sure there wasn't a booboo.
Camaro5 is Camaro6 is Corvette7. I guess Tran just doesn't have a Camaro6 watermark ready yet.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #91
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
I just can't believe they would release a hot new design after everyone in their mother is excited and chomping at the bit to get a bad ass color and they release....red..blue..grey...2 blacks, yellow and silver? Stupid.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #92
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
I just can't believe they would release a hot new design after everyone in their mother is excited and chomping at the bit to get a bad ass color and they release....red..blue..grey...2 blacks, yellow and silver? Stupid.
What color did you want? GM tried green on the C7, and it was the worst selling color, so they stopped offering it.

Because it's producted in the same facility as 2 Cadillacs, you had to expect that we wouldn't see any crazy colors, unless they were viable options for at least one of the Cadillacs as well, such as the bright blue.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #93
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Awesome blue, nice yellow, nice red, that 29% of people buy then black, white, and gray that 69% of people buy, wacky greens, oranges and purples probably make up 2% of car sales, GM has no incentive to release those kind of colors. I really like the blue, and I hate flashy colors, metallic black or summit white for me.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #94
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
GM tried green on the C7, and it was the worst selling color, so they stopped offering it.
Green? Really?!?

*flips through Google*

"Lime Rock Green"

Name:  081913_44.jpg
Views: 1937
Size:  96.9 KB

Well... that's... um... diff- HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

That's the same color as this year's special edition Camaro. I've seen it in person a couple times and it's so darn dark it might as well be black. (What is it with GM and dark colors?)

Name:  01-2015-chevrolet-camaro-ss-special-edition-1.jpg
Views: 6238
Size:  181.7 KB

If Chevy wants to sell green, sell sometime that's GREEN. Like this:

Name:  synergygreen_edited-1_bRP.jpg
Views: 5724
Size:  104.5 KB

If the renders are anything to go by, it would look pretty damn sweet on a C7...

Name:  electricgreen.jpg
Views: 1640
Size:  196.1 KB

(But seriously, why so dark? Is there something wrong with sports-car colors?)
Old 05-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #95
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Go back onto Camaro5 and try and find the colour wheels that showed the popularity of the various colours. I'm 99% sure that black, white, and silver, were always the top 3 choices. The others were usually mixed in popularity. Dark grey did fairly well, and I think 'normal' red and yellow did too. I can't remember the specifics on the red tint coats, dark blues, orange, or green. I do know that people have been begging GM for years to offer a bright/medium blue and they got their wish.

But the general trend is that GM is offering colours that they know to be popular. Chances are, there are at least 2 choices available that almost every single buyer would be happy with. They could offer 30 colours and there would still be people that would be unhappy that the particular colour+shade+paint type that they want isn't available.

Also ... if you want something in particular, it helps if you actually say what it is that you want. A general 'GM is stupid' isn't going to make a gold or lime green metallic or brown tintcoat (or whatever else) Camaro happen when GM inevitably tweaks the colour lineup in the coming model years.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #96
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Go back onto Camaro5 and try and find the colour wheels that showed the popularity of the various colours. I'm 99% sure that black, white, and silver, were always the top 3 choices. The others were usually mixed in popularity. Dark grey did fairly well, and I think 'normal' red and yellow did too. I can't remember the specifics on the red tint coats, dark blues, orange, or green. I do know that people have been begging GM for years to offer a bright/medium blue and they got their wish.

But the general trend is that GM is offering colours that they know to be popular. Chances are, there are at least 2 choices available that almost every single buyer would be happy with. They could offer 30 colours and there would still be people that would be unhappy that the particular colour+shade+paint type that they want isn't available.

Also ... if you want something in particular, it helps if you actually say what it is that you want. A general 'GM is stupid' isn't going to make a gold or lime green metallic or brown tintcoat (or whatever else) Camaro happen when GM inevitably tweaks the colour lineup in the coming model years.
ok I have a question maybe someone can answer why doesnt GM offer a custom color option like many other manufacturers? You pay out the ass but they give you a color you want.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6CamaroRS View Post
Green? Really?!?

*flips through Google*

"Lime Rock Green"

Attachment 718075

Well... that's... um... diff- HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

That's the same color as this year's special edition Camaro. I've seen it in person a couple times and it's so darn dark it might as well be black. (What is it with GM and dark colors?)

Attachment 718076

If Chevy wants to sell green, sell sometime that's GREEN. Like this:

Attachment 718077

If the renders are anything to go by, it would look pretty damn sweet on a C7...

Attachment 718078

(But seriously, why so dark? Is there something wrong with sports-car colors?)
They tried Synergy Green. It didn't do very well at all.

A small handful of people want eye-searingly bright colours. Most people don't. Therefore, most colours are not eye-searingly bright.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #98
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
ok I have a question maybe someone can answer why doesnt GM offer a custom color option like many other manufacturers? You pay out the ass but they give you a color you want.
Because it doesn't work for mass production. For something like the Viper, its no problem because they only build like 2 or 3 cars a day. With the Camaro, its more than 100x that.

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Tags
2016 camaro color, 2016 camaro colors, 6th gen camaro colors, 6th gen colors, camaro colors, colors