Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #15
sir574

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by d729596 View Post
Make it look exclusive when it isn't. Ss also have same engine, transmission and dual mode exhaust. The exclusive list just got smaller
haha i know it has the same engine. All of the other things are separate options though and not part of the "package".
sir574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #16
sir574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
What are your end goals with it? If you don't want to hassle with upgrading your entire fuel system and getting caught up in a spending frenzy then the P1 is a good setup, but I would go P1X.

Check other shops and compare prices on labor if you are not comfortable doing the install yourself. If they keep throwing out huge mark up on parts and labor then order the parts yourself.

no real power goals, just wanna bolt on a super charger with out having to throw money into fuel, injectors, cam, pistons, etc...

everything ive read says i should be able to do that safely on 7lbs and make 150-170 extra
Old 05-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #17
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir574 View Post
no real power goals, just wanna bolt on a super charger with out having to throw money into fuel, injectors, cam, pistons, etc...

everything ive read says i should be able to do that safely on 7lbs and make 150-170 extra
If that's all you are wanting then check out the website I provided you via DM, you could do a stage II tuner kit with the upgraded p1x head unit, race bypass valve, larger intercooler, extended warranty for around what they are quoting you for that base system and "shipping." You could even stay with the HO style kit without the race bypass or larger intercooler and come out way ahead than what they are quoting you for that kit up there, and I didn't pay a dime for shipping.
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #18
sir574

Quote:
If that's all you are wanting then check out the website I provided you via DM, you could do a stage II tuner kit with the upgraded p1x head unit, race bypass valve, larger intercooler, extended warranty for around what they are quoting you for that base system and "shipping." You could even stay with the HO style kit without the race bypass or larger intercooler and come out way ahead than what they are quoting you for that kit up there, and I didn't pay a dime for shipping.
I intend on doing the stage 2 intercooler, but whats the advantage/difference with the P1X over the P1-SC on an otherwise stock car?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #19
d729596

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
I stand corrected with the exhaust so there is only 3 items that are standard with 1le and ss
d729596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #20
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
I intend on doing the stage 2 intercooler, but whats the advantage/difference with the P1X over the P1-SC on an otherwise stock car?
P1X is more up to date, offers better flow and more hp. It's a 200 dollar upgrade. The stage 2 intercooler is larger offering better cooling and with the stage 2 you can do the upgraded race bypass valve (big red valve) for extra where you cannot later add one to a normal HO series intercooler. Also it's a no brainer to pay the 200 extra up front for the upgrade than pay a ton more later down the line to upgrade.

If you are for sure having someone else install it and plan to tune it then stick with a tuner kit so the extra 300 or so bucks for the complete kit can be saved to put towards paying your tuner, if you decide to do the work yourself and throw a generic tune on it and get it tuned later get the complete kit for a few hundred bucks more.

Edit : It does say in the booklet that for 2017 you get a tune certificate in your kit that you send in with your ECU to get your tune programmed.

Last edited by Inkedmongo; 05-26-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #21
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
My son and I did the install in less than 6 hours.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #22
sir574

Quote:
P1X is more up to date, offers better flow and more hp. It's a 200 dollar upgrade. The stage 2 intercooler is larger offering better cooling and with the stage 2 you can do the upgraded race bypass valve (big red valve) for extra where you cannot later add one to a normal HO series intercooler. Also it's a no brainer to pay the 200 extra up front for the upgrade than pay a ton more later down the line to upgrade.

If you are for sure having someone else install it and plan to tune it then stick with a tuner kit so the extra 300 or so bucks for the complete kit can be saved to put towards paying your tuner, if you decide to do the work yourself and throw a generic tune on it and get it tuned later get the complete kit for a few hundred bucks more, it comes with I think an SCT handheld with a tune PC will load for you based on what you tell them your car mods are.
Yeah the more I read, the more I'm leaning towards doing the installation myself. Do I still need to send out the ECU or whatever because it's a 2017, or can that be programmed at home now?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:16 PM   #23
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
What are your end goals with it? If you don't want to hassle with upgrading your entire fuel system and getting caught up in a spending frenzy then the P1 is a good setup, but I would go P1X.
P1x seems to be worth the extra cash, faster boost and cooler boost, and less HP to make the boost in small amounts. But the price difference is negligible.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #24
sir574

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
My son and I did the install in less than 6 hours.
Did you run into any issues? Need any special tools? Any tools that you didn't have that could have made it easier? How were the instructions?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:43 PM   #25
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Yeah the more I read, the more I'm leaning towards doing the installation myself. Do I still need to send out the ECU or whatever because it's a 2017, or can that be programmed at home now?
As of last month you would have to send it to procharger for a 2017
Old 05-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #26
sir574

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
As of last month you would have to send it to procharger for a 2017
But you don't any more?
Old 05-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #27
DapperDan

Quote:
Did you run into any issues? Need any special tools? Any tools that you didn't have that could have made it easier? How were the instructions?
Torque wrench crank bolt torque 240lbs
Put some heat on the bolt when removing it for 30 seconds to a minute , big breaker bar and something stout to hold flywheel from turning
I used a vacuum kit to refill the coolant to avoid air in the system but thats just me being picky.
You may have to shim the bumper out a hair with washers so the intercooler doesnt hit

I think you can read the instructions on Phastek website
Old 05-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #28
DapperDan

Quote:
But you don't any more?
I ask Procharger last month and you still had to send it so unless something has changed in a month you will still need to send it