Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #141
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeAmericaFastAgain View Post
You are gonna love it! I drive with my window down just to hear the pshhhhh.

Id use Jason's "prototypes" and don't try to force the PCV off or you'll end up like me sitting in Advanced Auto Parts panicking that i just broke my whole car.

Other than that, it should take you 15 mins. Star bit to get the stock MAF out.

Just take the whole sensor and casing out rather than pulling the sensor out, makes it easier.

Also, make sure you have a long flathead to get to the hose clamp by the turbo.

Happy Install!

Success!

Thanks for the tips. The MAF connector was a bitch and I ended up just unbolting it. Unfortunately I ended up stripping the star bolt so it's slightly loose. I'll end up extracting it and finding something with the same thread pitch that isn't a goddamn torx screw!

At first I tried to use a 5/8' quick disconnect which wouldn't go all the way in, ended up popping off and flying into the abyss below the oil pan. I then put in a 1/2 quick disconnect, turned it around and saw the PCV connector move, I was able to pop the fscker right off! Nothing broke and it snapped back in. I bought the toolset at Advance Auto Parts and it is a Lisle 37000.
ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #142
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePandaSmuggler View Post

Success!

Thanks for the tips. The MAF connector was a bitch and I ended up just unbolting it. Unfortunately I ended up stripping the star bolt so it's slightly loose. I'll end up extracting it and finding something with the same thread pitch that isn't a goddamn torx screw!

At first I tried to use a 5/8' quick disconnect which wouldn't go all the way in, ended up popping off and flying into the abyss below the oil pan. I then put in a 1/2 quick disconnect, turned it around and saw the PCV connector move, I was able to pop the fscker right off! Nothing broke and it snapped back in. I bought the toolset at Advance Auto Parts and it is a Lisle 37000.
Nawce! Does the kit you bought (i have the same one) fit to take off the injen one?

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #143
ThePandaSmuggler

Quote:
Nawce! Does the kit you bought (i have the same one) fit to take off the injen one?
Yeesh, didn't think that too fast in advance. Sure doesn't look like it without shaving it.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #144
ThePandaSmuggler

The intake is surprisingly quiet. You don't hear much of it until you stomp on it. Which is the best of both worlds imho. Also the stock BPV sounds really clean. The stock BPV in my Genesis Coupe sounded like Darth Vader after 30 years of smoking Camel non-filters
Old 12-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #145
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Success!

Great work! I knew a fuel line disconnect had to work if it would fit. Now I can quit worrying about making a special tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #146
ThePandaSmuggler

A word of caution. I was able to loosen the stripped out bolt, however, when I went to remove the other bolt it ended up snapping in half :-/ I wonder if the '17 MAF bolts aren't the right thread for the Injen intake tube, since it took a bit of muscle to get them in there. Now I gotta figure a way to extract the tiny bolt.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #147
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
A word of caution. I was able to loosen the stripped out bolt, however, when I went to remove the other bolt it ended up snapping in half :-/ I wonder if the '17 MAF bolts aren't the right thread for the Injen intake tube, since it took a bit of muscle to get them in there. Now I gotta figure a way to extract the tiny bolt.
Mine fit okay. But i mean, you were able to get your disconnect tool to work and i couldnt (with a littttle help from my friend called impatience) soooooo.... to each his own

Just make sure that bolt doesn't fall down the manifold and wreck your turbo

Good luck soldier

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #148
ThePandaSmuggler

Quote:
Mine fit okay. But i mean, you were able to get your disconnect tool to work and i couldnt (with a littttle help from my friend called impatience) soooooo.... to each his own

Just make sure that bolt doesn't fall down the manifold and wreck your turbo

Good luck soldier
Haha yeah something had to break elsewhere. I can't be let off that easy I could have very well cross threaded both bolts, but that would be quite a feat even for me. I actually put some Permatex around the base of the MAF connector in hopes of relieving stress on the one bolt. I'll probably end up contacting the reseller to see how much it is to send a replacement tube.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 AM   #149
ThePandaSmuggler

Well somewhat good news. It looks like the screw holes don't go all the way through...

So at least I don't have to worry about the bits vibrating their way through and be gobbled up by my turbo. I think that might be part of the problem, the screw holes are too shallow for the stock bolts. I recall hearing a plastic-y noise when bolting them down. Might be a good idea to get some spacers or shorter bolts if y'all run into the same issue.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:04 AM   #150
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
That looks like fun...
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #151
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Ordered my Injen intake today! I ordered the polished open box one and will let you all know how it goes with installation. This thread has proved to be very helpful and put to rest most of my initial worries. Thanks all!

Now it is just a waiting game to get this thing here....

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #152
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
Ordered my Injen intake today! I ordered the polished open box one and will let you all know how it goes with installation. This thread has proved to be very helpful and put to rest most of my initial worries. Thanks all!

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 01-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #153
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post

Quote: