Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
ZL1 mod paths

So I've been lurking for a bit and just deciding what I can do to my 19 ZL1 M6 to give it some more power. After looking at several upgrade "packages" offered by different companies, there seems to be a difference between what they are all adding.

Some are saying pulley, rotofab, headers and tune
Others are rotofab, tb, e85, and tune.

I know there's some limitations to the fuel system on these cars, but what would those be? Is one path more used/proven than the others?

Basically, I'm kind of confused with what to do to make more power. I'd like to see 650rwhp.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
MRLZL1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
So I've been lurking for a bit and just deciding what I can do to my 19 ZL1 M6 to give it some more power. After looking at several upgrade "packages" offered by different companies, there seems to be a difference between what they are all adding.

I know there's some limitations to the fuel system on these cars, but what would those be? Is one path more used/proven than the others?

Basically, I'm kind of confused with what to do to make more power. I'd like to see 650rwhp.

E is the biggest limiting factor - If you add Ethanol to a boosted LT, you will need to upgrade fuel system. I have pulleys and to add flex fuel kit I needed to add a low side fuel system and E50 is about all it can handle. If you want to run E85 you'll likely need to add a HPFP. The issue is there's no real big difference between E50 and E85 in terms of power so a lot will call it a waste past E50. To get E50 you need to find a pump that supplies it or mix it yourself with roughly half and half E85/93, sounds annoying but its really not.
Rotofab, Ported TB, 2.3 Pulley, ATI balancer w DSX 9.06 Lower ring, LME heads, 2" Kooks, custom cam, DOD Delete, Cordes Low side fuel system, Flex Fuel Kit, MM Catch can, ZL1 addons tow hook, ZL1 addons rock gaurds, Diode dynamics blacked out side markers
MRLZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:54 PM   #3
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
That's the thing with these cars - there is a bunch of different ways to gain 100hp.
Likely the easiest & cheapest route is to do pulleys, intake, headers & a tune.
The only drawback to that setup is it tends to heat soak pretty easy if that is all that's done to it.
Another route do E85 and any number of other bolt-ons and you can get that same power.
Another option is to simply go with a 2650 SC with a bit more boost. Again an easy 100hp.
No drawbacks there other than cost perhaps.
Next would be to go with a full bolt-on setup keeping stock boost. So that would require something like I'm in the middle of myself - Headers, CAI, ported SC, & ported TB. Again 100hp should be possible. Drawbacks there would be cost. Benefits over typical pulley versions is not having to worry about heat soak.
But none of these methods are wrong.
It's all matter of what you prefer, what your budget is, and what you want to do with the car.
For tracking the car, pulleys are not a great option.
On a limited budget, a 2650 SC or full bolt-on & ported SC route is not the best option.
If you plan on going past the 100hp range down the road, perhaps 2650 SC is one of the better options.
Basically pick your poison, keeping your budget, goals, & plans in mind & go for it.
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I am at nearly 650 and nearly 700 foot pounds of torque with a lower pulley, 2 inch LTs, full catless exhaust, rotofab, TB and a tune. Never close to a heating problem, all my increase in HP and torque is in the usable part of the curve. It is not hard to get there.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #5
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
If you have access to e85 two mods will get you there, but as most have said you will be about maxed on E without fuel mods

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554275
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #6
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
You could to both pulley and port the SC! Expansion tank and some meth to cool it down!! Let er rip.
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #7
cirpower

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I got intake, tb, Kong ported blower, headers on pump e85 (flex fuel sensor needed) and a trans/engine tune. Car is fast as hell, ways too much power for street driving. I am very happy with my package and would recommend it to anyone. If on a budget, just do intake and run e85 together with a good engine tune. cheers cirpower
cirpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #8
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
There are a lot of ways to skin a cat as they say. 100hp on a LT4 is pretty easy. Our stage 1 package is an affordable way to get there. Headers, intake, pulley and a tune. A ported blower and a 103 is a great option that doesn't heat soak as much. E85 is easy power but the like mentioned above you really need to upgrade your fuel system. Our thinking is if you only have so much fuel, you'll make more power with it on 93. E85 requires about 30% more fuel so unless you're ready to upgrade the fuel system the power is limited. That's why we always go back to our stage 1 package. It's a solid base that you can easily add too.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:53 PM   #9
Road Pressence

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZLE
I have Soler ported throttle body, Rotofab, 1 7/8" Lg motorsports longtubes back to stock muffler, and running E50 flex tune making 660 wheel. You could also do the above and lower pulley on 93 and make 650ish. I think these are the the easiest and cheapest mods to get there, good luck!
Road Pressence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If I didn't have the restrictions I have to deal with, I think I would've ported the OEM-blower, and cleaned-up the intake and exhaust, and considered E'. However... CA is sheet, so I have CARB to deal with.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post

Do this with a 103mm TB

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517100

No need to mess with e not when 93 will take you just as far..could even port the blower for even more power while turning the blower easier.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #12
Pantherzl1

Drives: 2019 Camaro zl1
Im going with the 1/78th LTH, Intake, Lower pulley, TB, Engine trans tune. Fairly cheap and big gains. Cant wait till the shops open back up.
Pantherzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #13
2ltrgsr
AXLERODZL1

Drives: 2019 Riverside blue ZL1 Camaro
It's pretty easy to have fun with these cars... see mods in my sig.
I'm making over 650whp but have a little single nozzle meth injection to help kep things cool.
103 TB
Lingenfelter Lower Pulley(9.17)
1 7/8 ARH headers and Exhaust
Meth injection(single nozzle)

733whp/788tq
2ltrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote