Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
justa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 3.6L
Exclamation Magnaflow Resonated x-pipe on V6

Hello,

So my resonator is going bad, and I was told best thing is to cut it off and replace with an X-pipe. I do not want my car sounding bad or a lot different. I have the borla axle back, and sounds good.

Has anyone gotten or heard about someone getting the resonated magnaflow x-pipe on the 6th gen camaro V6? You think it will sound good? Lastly, will it fit? The x-pipe part number is 11386. Because a true X-pipe im sure will sound raspy and bad.

Thanks,
justa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:53 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I saw your other post about the factory resonator going bad, and your dealer not covering it due to your aftermarket exhaust. Sorry about that.

I can speak to the resonated X-pipe (really, its like a muffler) from Magnaflow. I had a 2010 Camaro before my current 2016 and researching different exhausts was something I dedicated a lot of time to. In the end, I bought the magnaflow resonated X pipe along with a few magnaflow mufflers to replace the factory setup. I really liked it for the most part, although there were times I wished it was just a bit more aggressive...not much...just some! But on the V6, it's always a fine line between sounding decent but aggressive, and too raspy.

The resonated X pipe from Magnaflow was popular mostly because it reduces rasp, and will help to tone down an otherwise loud or raspy exhaust. So in my opinion if you like your exhaust sound just the way it is, you might just see if you can find an aftermarket resonator as close to OEM as possible to replace yours with. Otherwise, if you think you'd like your exhaust to sound just tad more smooth/tame than it is now, go with the Magnaflow resonated X. It won't change the tone of the sound...but it may end up taming it a bit.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
justa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I saw your other post about the factory resonator going bad, and your dealer not covering it due to your aftermarket exhaust. Sorry about that.

I can speak to the resonated X-pipe (really, its like a muffler) from Magnaflow. I had a 2010 Camaro before my current 2016 and researching different exhausts was something I dedicated a lot of time to. In the end, I bought the magnaflow resonated X pipe along with a few magnaflow mufflers to replace the factory setup. I really liked it for the most part, although there were times I wished it was just a bit more aggressive...not much...just some! But on the V6, it's always a fine line between sounding decent but aggressive, and too raspy.

The resonated X pipe from Magnaflow was popular mostly because it reduces rasp, and will help to tone down an otherwise loud or raspy exhaust. So in my opinion if you like your exhaust sound just the way it is, you might just see if you can find an aftermarket resonator as close to OEM as possible to replace yours with. Otherwise, if you think you'd like your exhaust to sound just tad more smooth/tame than it is now, go with the Magnaflow resonated X. It won't change the tone of the sound...but it may end up taming it a bit.
Thanks for the feedback
justa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote