#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #15
6Foot4Honda

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweevuss View Post
I been watching both these guys for a long time. Really since GuitarmageddonZL1 started his channel. From what I can tell the guy works his butt off to pay for stuff he wants, I don't see any harm in that. He started a youtube channel and can get additional money which lets him afford this car as well. This isn't JR Garage with the kids being 17, I'm pretty sure he is almost 30.
lmao, that whole JR garage thing is so big the car community on youtube..

a lot of people dont think YouTube is hard work, it takes a lot more work than people think
Old 03-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #16
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Yeah, I know...I can't put my finger on it....but they annoy me too...
They kinda act like jerks.........

Not sure how they can afford the cars they drive at such a young age...Know what I mean?
Same here and I always dislike there videos. He also didn't know the seats are cooled or steering wheel heated.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #17
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Some comical stuff! These two definitely have douche like tendencies. But I will tip my hat to the ZL1 dude for pushing the envelop with his builds. I know he has a 5th gen ZL1 , gutted and caged; and now the new A10. Only difference between a lot of the strokers out there is he carries his gopro around while most circle jerk in parking lots and talk about times their car should do car and driver. Instead of getting busy themselves.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #18
Naturday13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Foot4Honda View Post
lmao, that whole JR garage thing is so big the car community on youtube..

a lot of people dont think YouTube is hard work, it takes a lot more work than people think
Hard work is the laborer out in the fields from daylight to dusk, tending his crop...

Hard work is the roofer who has to carry multiple bundles of shingles up a ladder and then break his back bent over nailing them on...

Hard work is the auto body man who spends his days grinding metal/rust, sanding bondo, and breathing the dust from it...

Hard work is the Soldier who gets up, straps on full battle rattle, and goes out in 110+ degree heat looking for the enemy....

YouTube is NOT hard work...
Old 03-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #19
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturday13 View Post
Hard work is the laborer out in the fields from daylight to dusk, tending his crop...

Hard work is the roofer who has to carry multiple bundles of shingles up a ladder and then break his back bent over nailing them on...

Hard work is the auto body man who spends his days grinding metal/rust, sanding bondo, and breathing the dust from it...

Hard work is the Soldier who gets up, straps on full battle rattle, and goes out in 110+ degree heat looking for the enemy....

YouTube is NOT hard work...
While I agree with you, he did say that it's "A lot harder than people think" and not that it's on a level of roofers, body men and soldiers.

I don't get the hate for the guys, personally I think they're decent although I skip 90% of the time in their videos and use Ad Blocker
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #20
6Foot4Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
While I agree with you, he did say that it's "A lot harder than people think" and not that it's on a level of roofers, body men and soldiers.

I don't get the hate for the guys, personally I think they're decent although I skip 90% of the time in their videos and use Ad Blocker
people are just stubborn with their own opinions..that's all it is.

is it as tough as all the shit he mentioned? nah.

is it harder than what that tool thinks? of course.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #21
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
I am a youtube and its a fair bit of work. I have spent 10 years working through my disability in a manual labour job manufacturing the highest end RV's in north america. My hips are deteriorating and i am only 27... I took it up as a means of income to help my peace of mind, and help myself with a lot of things i wanted to share.

I spend 2-4 hours a day on my youtube, without the time for mods. Mods are mods and i would do them regardless. But the creating a community and managing, as well as the creativity side of it.

I watch both of the listed you tubers and i like some of there content.

I thought the ZL1 video was extremely boring, them sitting in the car of 10 minutes made me want to tear my face off... all the cheesy acting, and he never even drove the car... 22 minute videos should not be that drawn out. But he is only as popular as he is because of street speed717, without him he would be no where.*

Its a live and learn process.

On a side note... His ZL1 is pretty nice.

(9 hour work day, 2 hours of training at the gym, 2-4 hours of youtube - 6 days a week)
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #22
6Foot4Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post
I am a youtube and its a fair bit of work. I have spent 10 years working through my disability in a manual labour job manufacturing the highest end RV's in north america. My hips are deteriorating and i am only 27... I took it up as a means of income to help my peace of mind, and help myself with a lot of things i wanted to share.

I spend 2-4 hours a day on my youtube, without the time for mods. Mods are mods and i would do them regardless. But the creating a community and managing, as well as the creativity side of it.

I watch both of the listed you tubers and i like some of there content.

I thought the ZL1 video was extremely boring, them sitting in the car of 10 minutes made me want to tear my face off... all the cheesy acting, and he never even drove the car... 22 minute videos should not be that drawn out. But he is only as popular as he is because of street speed717, without him he would be no where.*

Its a live and learn process.

On a side note... His ZL1 is pretty nice.

(9 hour work day, 2 hours of training at the gym, 2-4 hours of youtube - 6 days a week)
good luck with youtube bro!

I worked 16 hour days for 3 years (full time job / youtube) and finally went full-time youtube after those 3 years
Old 03-14-2017, 11:41 PM   #23
Naturday13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Foot4Honda View Post
people are just stubborn with their own opinions..that's all it is.

is it as tough as all the shit he mentioned? nah.

is it harder than what that tool thinks? of course.

Is a tool sitting behind a computer screen for hours editing videos work? Sure.

Is a tool sitting behind a computer screen for hours editing videos hard work? No, it isn't.

Not stubborn, just facts, Hollywood.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 PM   #24
mdmoore23

They don't seem like trust fund kids to me. It's not like they're drive Ferraris or something. These cars are very attainable for younger people willing to work. And I don't knock anybody doing YouTube videos. From what I've seen they can pay pretty well once you get a decent following and keep the videos coming. No matter how cheesy some of you think they are, they have to keep making videos to keep generating revenue.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #25
6Foot4Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturday13 View Post
Is a tool sitting behind a computer screen for hours editing videos work? Sure.

Is a tool sitting behind a computer screen for hours editing videos hard work? No, it isn't.

Not stubborn, just facts, Hollywood.
jesus christ why are you so upset over someone else's work?!

that tool who sat behind the computer, made this forum for you to bitch on.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:19 AM   #26
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
I can't stand watching mike davenport.

Last edited by Boilermaker128; 03-15-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #27
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
With all the great video reviews here I had to watch it. Definitely wasn't as bad as I was expecting. There's a different ZL1 guy now that does youtube vids that is pure torture. He talks for 15 minutes for every 3 minutes of car stuff. Uggghhh.

Either way, if the video editing and posting wasn't hard work, to a level that a corporate sponsor would pay you enough to make a living or a hobby, everyone would be doing it.

Hard work is relative. Something doesn't need to be physical for it to be hard work. I sit behind a computer 12+ hours a day doing cybersecurity work. I started this in the Army (guess Army thought it was hard too). The discipline it takes to read, actually comprehend, and implement the material with a functional outcome is hard work.

If someone says it isn't hard they either a) didn't consider the above and they get it now, b) have never done it and can't intelligently speak to it, or c) have a menial physical job that they want to feel more like a man for. Ok you hulk man, I'll let you have it, you win.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #28
zl1_tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
Just can't bring myself to watching anything with him or his buddy. Not sure why these YouTubers annoy me, but they do. But my 10 year old follows them.
I'm with you. This guy annoys the shit out of me. I blocked him on FB lol.
zl1_tommy is offline   Reply With Quote