Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #29
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
would love to have a Maggie at a whipple price. But with that, I'm sure there are trade offs.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #30
Obsol3te

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Well, ok flame on I guess.
Obviously the larger more efficient twin screw whipple is going to make better numbers than a smaller displacement roots. I'm seeing most kits only making around 550whp so im not sure what all the huffing and puffing is about. I'm understanding that fuel is one of the main concerns right now.

Is the camaro not in direct competition with the mustang? So why can't I learn about the car on another forum? I've got the same avatar, signature etc on other forums so why would I change it here?

Lumar 35% Tint, UPR Floating Pony, MMD Decklid, BlackVue650GW Dash Cam
Obsol3te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #31
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsol3te View Post
I wouldn't say best, but definitely more common. This would be a good upgrade for you guys over the roots style that's being thrown at you from the other vendors.

Maybe you'll start putting down decent numbers with F/I now
I somewhat agree with your statement but I would have worded it differently. The twin screw will be a good option when it is finally released ( Sept 2016) and they may put down more power than the less effecient roots style blower, time will tell.

To say " maybe you'll start putting down decent numbers with fi " is a stretch to say the least, we can use your 550 rwhp number for arguments sake....if that number is based off the A8, which typically dynos at 390ish, that is a 40% increase in power at only 6 lbs of boost. A good tire will put you in the 10's with no other mods.

I'm impressed

Last edited by Snowblind; 07-13-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #32
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I somewhat agree with your statement but I would have worded it differently. The twin screw will be a good option when it is finally released ( Sept 2016) and they may put down more power than the less effecient roots style blower, time will tell.

To say " maybe you'll start putting down decent numbers with fi " is a stretch to say the least, we can use your 550 rwhp number for arguments sake....if that number is based off the A8, which typically dynos at 390ish, that is a 40% increase in power at only 6 lbs of boost. A good tire will put you in the 10's with no other mods.

I'm impressed
Amen to that. I've got Pilot Super Sports sitting in my basement, but I'm stuck in a holding pattern until Forgeline gets me my wheels. Any additional power right now would be useless on the stock wheels/tires. I can't even go WOT right now in anything under 4th gear with any confidence. There's no point to adding more power unless I can make it stick.

It's also wise with a new platform to let things play out a little bit and not be the first one to jump in and take on giant risks.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #33
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsol3te View Post
Well, ok flame on I guess.
Obviously the larger more efficient twin screw whipple is going to make better numbers than a smaller displacement roots. I'm seeing most kits only making around 550whp so im not sure what all the huffing and puffing is about. I'm understanding that fuel is one of the main concerns right now.

Is the camaro not in direct competition with the mustang? So why can't I learn about the car on another forum? I've got the same avatar, signature etc on other forums so why would I change it here?

You're fine here. There has been some previous mustang owners that have crossed over with the sole intention to create hate and discontent. Unfortunately you're going to be lumped into the same category until others accept you. Sad, but true.

I for one am anxious to see what the Whipple can do. But I'm more curious about the torque delivery than the top end hp. There are others in this FI section that seem to work in the supercharger development field that have actually ran both the Whipple and the TVS2300 on a test bench/engine and his opinion is that the TVS2300, due to the new design, will outperform the Whipple 2.9. But, what does that mean? We'll just have to see what Whipple puts out on the street.

Like Les said, there is a limit based on fuel delivery. No sane manufacturer is going to put out a street kit that doesn't keep the power within fuel limits.

My thinking is all of these units, E-force, Maggie, and Whipple, all have a lot of untapped potential, if you want to seek greater power and pay the price.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #34
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
You're fine here. There has been some previous mustang owners that have crossed over with the sole intention to create hate and discontent. Unfortunately you're going to be lumped into the same category until others accept you. Sad, but true.

I for one am anxious to see what the Whipple can do. But I'm more curious about the torque delivery than the top end hp. There are others in this FI section that seem to work in the supercharger development field that have actually ran both the Whipple and the TVS2300 on a test bench/engine and his opinion is that the TVS2300, due to the new design, will outperform the Whipple 2.9. But, what does that mean? We'll just have to see what Whipple puts out on the street.

Like Les said, there is a limit based on fuel delivery. No sane manufacturer is going to put out a street kit that doesn't keep the power within fuel limits.

My thinking is all of these units, E-force, Maggie, and Whipple, all have a lot of untapped potential, if you want to seek greater power and pay the price.
I know as far as the GT500's go, the TVS 2300 is the better buy than the Whipple as far as torque goes.
Boost being equal the 2.9 Whipple will make a little more power than the TVS, but lacks a huge amount of torque.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #35
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Do we know if the Whipple will fit under the stock hood and the weight yet?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #36
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
My opinion is that all PD SCs put out enough torque for a street application. I would like to find out which one puts out the most power in a safe way for a stock bottom end.

Doesn't Whipple include some fuel delivery upgrades for their Mustang kit? If so, may be they could do the same for the Camaro's.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:12 PM   #37
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
would love to have a Maggie at a whipple price. But with that, I'm sure there are trade offs.
Looks like now you can, Whipple has raised their Camaro kit price to $7195 (still not released yet) and I think the Maggie is on sale right now for $6995.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #38
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Saw the whipple hit phastek's site, claiming 600rwhp on 91 octane, no other mods. I just wonder how much boost its running?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/Wh...percharger.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Do we know if the Whipple will fit under the stock hood and the weight yet?
On one of the product features, it claims it fits under the stock hood
Old 08-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #39
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Drool.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #40
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
A 16 mustang gt will make similar numbers with FI but it will be a whole lot higher boost level. LT1's are doing it with 7-8 psi vs 11 for a coyote. The problem with the LT1 is the fuel system need upgrading and can be expensive. The piston ring lands are weak and your not going to make much more than 650 before they will give up. Both cars with bolt on FI kits will be fast but when you start want to push higher numbers the coyote will hang on a little longer before it blows.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #41
Notorious
No Hope

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
- It will fit under the stock hood

- Reason for the 17 digit VIN is, included in the kit is a handheld tuner. The handheld will be programmed to work with your VIN. It is a SCT brand programmer. SCT has been doing this for years, nothing new. Once you upload the included tune into your car, the programmer becomes "married" to your vehicle.

- The Whipple has a few advantages over a roots style (TVS) blower. displacement, less parasitic loss to name a few. The TVS on the other hand will produce better TQ numbers than the twin screw.

Another feature to the whipple that a TVS can't match is the cooling system. Nothing cools better than water, period. The whipple uses a air to water intercooler system, just like the intercooler system used on the GT500.

Cooler air = more power & less timing being pulled by the ECU.

Both the TVS and twin screw ( Whipple, Kenne Bell) are great blowers. Im just partial to Twin Screw.
2016 Camaro 2SS - M6 | Hyper Blue Metallic | NPP | MRC | Sunroof | Navigation | Black Bow Ties | ACS Spoiler | Black Tail lights | ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light | Roto Fab CAI | Stainless Works Cat-Back | Black 1LE Wheels | Nitto NT555 G2's 285 Front 305 Rear
Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:50 AM   #42
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
How can you do comparison shopping on a product that hasn't been released yet?

You're criticising people for posting purchase justification and then doing the exact same thing yourself.

By definition, any shop that recommends you buy the product they have on the shelf vs. a product they can't get hold of for another 1-2 months is doing so from a basis of their bottom line.

On the basis you lied about one of them even having a '16 Camaro whipple on the shelf, i think its fairly safe to assume that all these "speed shops" you talked to are actually just the voices in your head.

Last edited by AndyUK; 10-12-2016 at 02:21 AM.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote