Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #15
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
more power and seems to be a tad bit cheaper than a Magnuson.. but a hyper blue under the hood powerder coated sure sounds tempting.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:16 AM   #16
Tmcbigblue

Drives: 2016 1ss black 6m
The whipple will probably be the best pd supercharger on the market. I know it is on the mustang anyway.
Tmcbigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #17
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Guys, they're all going to be putting down basically the same amount of power. One manufacturer might tweak their setup slightly or stretch their dyno claims, but with our stock fuel system we all have the same ceiling. All of the blowers out there can easily create more boost and are engineered to handle more boost. If our fuel system could safely handle more, they'd all be coming with smaller pulleys. The true test for anyone really interested in getting the most power won't be the stock setup, it'll be what you can do with it down the road - if that's the path you choose. Changing to a smaller pulley will break any of the manufacturer's warranty, which I wouldn't even put any stock in to begin with.

The one thing that occurred to me over the weekend that we haven't really talked about with any of these is how well they handle heat in the supercharger itself. I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but I remember it used to be bad for your supercharger bearings to just drive your car at a steady speed without hard acceleration. Over time this would cause issues with the bearings inside of them. I have no idea if this is still a problem we need to worry about or not, or if one is more susceptible to it or not.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #18
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
I wish they would do one for the V6
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #19
Obsol3te

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmcbigblue View Post
The whipple will probably be the best pd supercharger on the market. I know it is on the mustang anyway.
I wouldn't say best, but definitely more common. This would be a good upgrade for you guys over the roots style that's being thrown at you from the other vendors.

Maybe you'll start putting down decent numbers with F/I now

Lumar 35% Tint, UPR Floating Pony, MMD Decklid, BlackVue650GW Dash Cam
Obsol3te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #20
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsol3te View Post
I wouldn't say best, but definitely more common. This would be a good upgrade for you guys over the roots style that's being thrown at you from the other vendors.

Oh yeah, of course. Especially considering we're working with a superior platform. Bone stock, it's not like we're getting dragged on the road by M2's or anything

It's pretty easy to throw stones right now, isn't it? I think I can literally count the number of gen6 owners that have a blower installed one hand. Literally any blower that we have out there for the LT1 can achieve numbers equivalent to yours or better on a dyno.

I wonder what type of responses you'd get if you went to the C7 forums, set up that signature and made those same comments?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 07-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #21
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:

Huh? What Roots style system are you talking about? Haven't seen anyone with a Roots system being pushed for the Gen6. The Whipple, E-Force and Maggie are all twin screw designs.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #22
Gmanuel

Drives: 2007 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Huh? What Roots style system are you talking about? Haven't seen anyone with a Roots system being pushed for the Gen6. The Whipple, E-Force and Maggie are all twin screw designs.
Maggie and eforce use a tvs 2300, which is a roots blower.
Gmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #23
Gmanuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Oh yeah, of course. Especially considering we're working with a superior platform. Bone stock, it's not like we're getting dragged on the road by M2's or anything

It's pretty easy to throw stones right now, isn't it? I think I can literally count the number of gen6 owners that have a blower installed one hand. Literally any blower that we have out there for the LT1 can achieve numbers equivalent to yours or better on a dyno.

I wonder what type of responses you'd get if you went to the C7 forums, set up that signature and made those same comments?
Pretty sure he was joking around, man. If we did not have fueling issues at 600whp, then our systems might match theirs, but right now, we actually can't match their numbers. Like I said, that's only because of our fueling limits, but still.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #24
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
...The one thing that occurred to me over the weekend that we haven't really talked about with any of these is how well they handle heat in the supercharger itself. I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but I remember it used to be bad for your supercharger bearings to just drive your car at a steady speed without hard acceleration. Over time this would cause issues with the bearings inside of them. I have no idea if this is still a problem we need to worry about or not, or if one is more susceptible to it or not.
Don't forget that your S/C has a bypass that keeps the parasitic drag down to 1/3 of a hp when not in boost. Normally, load on the bearings is at a very low minimum. I think we could easily see 100k+ miles before we need to replace bearings.

Last edited by Atomic Ed; 07-12-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #25
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanuel View Post
Maggie and eforce use a tvs 2300, which is a roots blower.
No.

Edit: Well, actually yes.

OK, I stand corrected. the TVS 2300 is considered a roots style supercharger. Eaton's advance design threw me.

My Bad.

Last edited by Atomic Ed; 07-12-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #26
LesBaer
FMPG

I think we all know what he's trying to say regardless of the whether or not he got the tech right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanuel View Post
Pretty sure he was joking around, man. If we did not have fueling issues at 600whp, then our systems might match theirs, but right now, we actually can't match their numbers. Like I said, that's only because of our fueling limits, but still.
I know, you're right. But this is a guy with a modded Mustang GT who sets up a detailed signature of his car and comes to a relatively new forum for a brand new platform with the sole goal of trying to make himself feel better / make-up for all the comparo results, which he's still obviously in denial over. Let's not kid ourselves, it's obvious...it'll always come back to what the Mustang guys are doing on the dyno.

The C7 guys have been upgrading their fuel delivery system to the C7Z's and getting close to 1k rwhp with every single blower out there. Even the CTSV's are doing it. To say we don't have the ability to get "decent numbers" is asinine.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #27
Gmanuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
No.

Edit: Well, actually yes.

OK, I stand corrected. the TVS 2300 is considered a roots style supercharger. Eaton's advance design threw me.

My Bad.
No biggie, it is a very efficient roots blower, so it's understandable. I'm waiting to see what this whipple does, but I wouldn't mind the roots kits, since they'll be able to support 700s.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:

Why are you here? Inferiority complex?
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote