Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Equinox

REFRESHED 2021 CHEVROLET EQUINOX FOCUSES ON STYLING AND SAFETY
General Motors

February 6, 2020

Old 02-06-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I'm not a big fan of the manufacturers all making 17 different CUV's that vary in size by 1", but this refreshed Equinox looks pretty sharp. I like that they gave it a more aggressive appearance and added an RS option.

It's not too bad.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Ass end and side profile look great. Front end I would need to see in person.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
I thought the previous front end had a 'Sprint commercial girl' friendliness to it.
This looks (bifocals?) worse to me, but I wasn't interested anyway.
A buddy & his wife had tried a used older gen, I'm curious what they'd say. They used to complain that everyone seemed to have an Equinox.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
That dash, console and interior sure looks a lot like my '17 Impala...lol....Even the front end is sort of morphing into a chromey front like the Impala. All good. I just don't see much differences in any of these SUVs to get excited about. But, if Equinox is Chevy's best seller, good luck to them.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Wow, looks great, this car is going to continue to sell well. Did the GMC sister variant get a refresh too?
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That dash, console and interior sure looks a lot like my '17 Impala...lol....Even the front end is sort of morphing into a chromey front like the Impala. All good. I just don't see much differences in any of these SUVs to get excited about. But, if Equinox is Chevy's best seller, good luck to them.
You'd think there's no purpose to all these SUV's but each one has its market, lol.

Trax = People trying to get in a cheap/small car but need AWD

TrailBlazer= Seem deal with Trax but want a slightly bigger, more modern car with more style

Equinox/Terrain= Midsize entry level SUV which does everything well and is priced well. Drives more comfortably than Trax and feels more like a SUV instead of lifted car

Blazer= People that want something bigger and badder but don't need 7 seats

^^

A lot of Grand Cherokee folks in my area have switched up to the Blazer RS. Not surprised by that.

Traverse/Acadia= People that want 7 seats and don't need body on frame, gas guzzling SUVS

Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade= Self explanatory

I just wonder how the TrailBlazer will fit in between the Trax and Equinox. If it is priced too high I'd imagine consumers who opt to save money will go for the Trax instead and those willing to pay a little more will move up the Equinox. But it remains to be seen.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Pretty good looking for a crossover blob thingy.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
That actually looks much better than the previous version!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is a good change. The added aggressive look on the front and rear are much welcomed. I like it for the most part. I've never had an issue with the interior. I was never a huge fan of the pre-refresh look.

I think this will go over well. Gives it more style without blatantly copying Blazer like the TrailBlazer does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Wow, looks great, this car is going to continue to sell well. Did the GMC sister variant get a refresh too?
It did. But so far we've only seen the AT4 version:

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2021-terrain

Need to see more shots of it in other trims to decide, but I'm not sure I like it any more than the current Terrain.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I'm glad Chevrolet is keeping the Equinox; Its popular and a good people mover.

Since its second generation the Equinox has had a pleasing exterior. However I really can't say much about this re-fresh. Perhaps the front end's refresh improved the look of the current model, but from the pictures the '21 doesn't look any different than the current model. Kudos on the interior, however. Keep the shifter where it belongs; Push buttons just don't cut it (with me).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #12
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
It's sad that GM's second best-selling nameplate has such a low quality interior. I sat in a used Equinox at my local Chevrolet dealership, and the interior build quality was very disappointing (e.g., cheap and flimsy materials, especially on the door panels). The Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V are far superior vehicles.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #13
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This is a good change. The added aggressive look on the front and rear are much welcomed. I like it for the most part. I've never had an issue with the interior. I was never a huge fan of the pre-refresh look.

I think this will go over well. Gives it more style without blatantly copying Blazer like the TrailBlazer does.

It did. But so far we've only seen the AT4 version:

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2021-terrain

Need to see more shots of it in other trims to decide, but I'm not sure I like it any more than the current Terrain.
I agree we need more shots, it looks mostly similar for the most part but that's a good thing imo since I like the design already. I actually like the new front fascia, you can notice the difference in the lower/middle bumper line(smiley face thing) and fog light placement. Also the headlights seem to be different, the led strips seem unchanged only.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
It's sad that GM's second best-selling nameplate has such a low quality interior. I sat in a used Equinox at my local Chevrolet dealership, and the interior build quality was very disappointing (e.g., cheap and flimsy materials, especially on the door panels). The Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V are far superior vehicles.
Have you sat in a premier trim Equinox or Terrain SLT/Denali? And you have sat in the new base trim Rav4 or only the 45K fully loaded hybrid model at the autoshow?