Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #57
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
I go through cars every 2-3 years. There's always something newer/better/different out that I want, so that's why I'm selling mine.

Other than a couple of wiring issues, it's been solid. You wouldn't have any more issues than you'd potentially have with an SS, so go for it.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #58
Zl1steve

Drives: Zl1
I just sold mine. Amazing car and handling and stopping is like nothing I had ever drivin but there was a few things that bugged me so much I had to get rid of it. The seating position and the view out the windsheild absolutely drove me crazy and not being able to recline the seat far enuff for me was uncomfortable. The looks and performance of this car are remarkable. In may of 2017 me and my son ran 11.07 in stock form and at the time was one of the fastest stock times in the nation for a zl1. With the headers tune pulley and rotofab I went 10.80 @ 135. Awesome car just not the car for me.
Zl1steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #59
Spellbound

Drives: 2K17 SS Camaro
No issues in our household when the wife says, "I want a ZL1", I'm like hell to the yea, lets go!
12.005@117 Bone Stock with a DR

2018 ZL1 A10, no times, wife won't let me race it.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #60
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I'm liking the ZL1s that are showing up with low miles for sale with great pricing. I will be moving up to one in the next three years from my 2SS. The wife? I finally drove her out to my mine road "track" and walked her through a few 0-60 pulls and she freaked out because she hasn't been able to get that pit of the stomach feeling she used to get from rollercoasters after having a baby made her nauseous from thrill rides. I just found her new thrill ride, negotiating the ZL1 will be no problem...
Old 11-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #61
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
thank you all. thank you all for the input also.
Blackzl1Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #62
bucknerbuck2

Drives: C7 Z51 M7
I think the C8 is going to drive alot of movement among GM enthusiasts because it is such a departure. For those that have always been curious of a Cayman or 911 but are partial to affordable push rod power this is a huge opportunity. Also muscle cars in general are struggling.
I follow all domestic performance cars, and can't say I notice more low mileage ZL1's than other comparable cars. There are loads of low mileage, multiple owner Hellcats and GT350's. People that can afford toys can also afford to change them up often.
bucknerbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #63
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Others have said it, but this car falls into a class that enthusiasts will buy and some enthusiasts rotate cars somewhat frequently. This isn't the case for all buyers, but I would bet good percentage for this car for sure. I go through cars much faster than any reasonable person should. I had my '18 ZL1 for 18 months and loved it. It was rock solid and never once gave me an issue. There's really nothing even close for this amount of money and few things at 2-3X the price that put up these kinds of numbers.

The only reason I got rid of it was I wanted to try a convertible. I tried an M4 vert and that lasted 4 months until it was gone. Such a performance let down after coming from the ZL1. Lesson learned.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #64
TVM1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE Summit White
I think most of the guys have nailed it, it’s generally a second vehicle and thereby a toy that sees less use and gets exchanged for a new toy more often. Mine falls in that category, I drive mine maybe 2 times a week 9 months of the year. I don’t intend to sell mine anytime soon but when I do it will be extremely clean with lower miles. I would love to drive mine more often but it is truly a toy that I greatly enjoy using when I get the opportunity.

As far as the wife goes, I’m lucky there. My wife and I are a team and we own several fast things and greatly enjoy using them together.
TVM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #65
Jdzumwalt

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, the comeback
The seat issued was fixed in 2019.
Jdzumwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #66
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Why people sell? Too loaded a question. It always 'depends'.

It's a toy - unless you are looking at an investment - it almost always gets sold for something newer.

For adults, some of us get bored fast and always look forward to 'Christmas morning' if you know what I mean. We grow old but we never grow up.

It's terrible but hey - #firstworldproblems
Old 11-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #67
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017-ZL1 View Post
I didn't ask my wife. I love the car and it's done exactly what I wanted it to do. A pretty Bad Azz! Congratulations on the "Cancer free". God, the Doctor's and I put it i it's place about 5 years ago now. Keeping mine! Life is short. Go for it! In the end we only regret what we didn't do.
Blackzl1Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #68
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Someone just traded a 2019 ZL1-1LE at our dealership for a Scat Pack Widebody. Not sure why, wasn't my customer. Car is beautiful. But yes, I see it a lot. The trick is, most of these folks start with great equity. When you do that, swapping out for something different or the latest and greatest is pretty easy.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:05 PM   #69
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzl1Cam View Post
I have been battling cancer since July of 2018. MY dream car has been a ZL1.
As of this month I am cancer free and wanting to buy a ZL1.
I drove a 2020 SS for a week and I didn't like that the seats didn't recline enough back for me, but that was about it.
I have not driven a ZL1 yet and when I get one this will be my daily driver.
So I am curious why I am seeing them for sale with 8000 miles or less. I am now seeing some with 20000 miles.
Is there a main reason they are being sold or just impulse buying, comfort,noise,maintenance?
I do not buy cars all the time so whenever I get one I will have it till the wheels drop off.
I would like some feedback before I make this purchase.
Would you recommend a 2SS over a ZL1?
Yes, but I am leaning to the LT1/LT1 after owning both a 2016 2SS and a 2018 ZL1. PM Me and give me a call. It's complicated.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #70
BanOne

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
So one thing I did not see mentioned was the true cost of operating and maintaining a high performance car. The initial cost some people can reason it out into a budget, but then the secondary costs hit about 6 months late like oil changes, insurance, and the big one is tires. Once you realize the you would need to shell out 2k every year of you are putting alot of miles on it. I think people end up trading it on something more practical.
BanOne is offline   Reply With Quote