Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #2773
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Blaq hope you are able to get the C8 you want. Trying to figure out which car to get rid of ZL1 or Hellcat....sure seems like first world problems to me!

Sort of getting the thread back on track. I was at the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of drag racing this weekend. Got to see a lot of awesome cars go down the track. they also had a chevy and mopar event going on. So I got to see plenty of Camaro's, and Challengers go down the track.

there was a few ZL-1s I saw go down the track. They were in the mostly in the 11s few might have been low 12s but the event they ran they were hot lapping them. Saw a couple of really good running SS camaro's which was nice to see. Last time I was at the track it was rare to see a new camaro actually racing lol. The SS times were all over the place. Lot of modified ones in the low 11s. Stockish (maybe) mid to high 12s

Then there was the Mopar side. The 392 guys had times ranging all over the place. I remember most being in the 12s might have been a few faster but there was a few that really struggled launching and were in the 13s or 14s lol. There was a bunch of Hellcats, most of them in low 11s some dipping into the high 10s. Did get to see two Demons run as well. One was like a 10.33 at 133. I am 95% this one was stock(demon crate) and the other I believe had some work done he was in the high 9s. There was also a highly modified SRT Jeep running consistent 10.00.

All in all it was nice to see some of the modern muscle cars in person and running real time. Been a long time since I had been to the track so it was great to see some running down the track with my own eyes.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:05 AM   #2774
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Blaq hope you are able to get the C8 you want. Trying to figure out which car to get rid of ZL1 or Hellcat....sure seems like first world problems to me!

Sort of getting the thread back on track. I was at the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of drag racing this weekend. Got to see a lot of awesome cars go down the track. they also had a chevy and mopar event going on. So I got to see plenty of Camaro's, and Challengers go down the track.

there was a few ZL-1s I saw go down the track. They were in the mostly in the 11s few might have been low 12s but the event they ran they were hot lapping them. Saw a couple of really good running SS camaro's which was nice to see. Last time I was at the track it was rare to see a new camaro actually racing lol. The SS times were all over the place. Lot of modified ones in the low 11s. Stockish (maybe) mid to high 12s

Then there was the Mopar side. The 392 guys had times ranging all over the place. I remember most being in the 12s might have been a few faster but there was a few that really struggled launching and were in the 13s or 14s lol. There was a bunch of Hellcats, most of them in low 11s some dipping into the high 10s. Did get to see two Demons run as well. One was like a 10.33 at 133. I am 95% this one was stock(demon crate) and the other I believe had some work done he was in the high 9s. There was also a highly modified SRT Jeep running consistent 10.00.

All in all it was nice to see some of the modern muscle cars in person and running real time. Been a long time since I had been to the track so it was great to see some running down the track with my own eyes.
I had a bit of fun at CamaroFest, clocking a few 1/4 miles. My best time was a 12.916 @ 110. I usually run high 12.7## - low 12.8## at Milan. Don’t know what the DA was that day, but the temp reading in my car and on my Apple Watch was 101. The air was stupid thick. Anyway, on my 12.916 run I was paired with the coupe version of my car. A Fifty SS coupe vs my Fifty SS vert. My car is mechanically bone stock. She had a CAI and exhaust.

I didn’t drag in the competition on the second day. I was having severe neck problems (found out when I got home Sunday that I had sprained my neck. Probably from driving Tail of the Dragon Wednesday evening). The car that won the Stock V8 class won it with a 12.44.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #2775
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I had a bit of fun at CamaroFest, clocking a few 1/4 miles. My best time was a 12.916 @ 110. I usually run high 12.7## - low 12.8## at Milan. Don’t know what the DA was that day, but the temp reading in my car and on my Apple Watch was 101. The air was stupid thick. Anyway, on my 12.916 run I was paired with the coupe version of my car. A Fifty SS coupe vs my Fifty SS vert. My car is mechanically bone stock. She had a CAI and exhaust.

I didn’t drag in the competition on the second day. I was having severe neck problems (found out when I got home Sunday that I had sprained my neck. Probably from driving Tail of the Dragon Wednesday evening). The car that won the Stock V8 class won it with a 12.44.
Pretty good times for bad air.

When I was at 66 over the weekend the DA was between 2400 and 2700 so not great air by any means
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 07-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #2776
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
When I go on my trips I take the shuttle transports from the airport to the resort. And the entire trip there I see people living in some really bad conditions. Here in the states you might go thru a bad neighborhood and it might take about 5 minutes to drive thru. But imagine driving thru a bad neighborhood (condition-wise) for an hour to an hour and a half. It's really bad. Not bad like I think I'll get robbed. Bad like I see people living in shantys, damaged buildings and rubble all over the place, etc. So I always tell myself that no matter how bad things might get for me in my personal life, or how "bad" I might think things are, I really have no valid reason to complain about anything at all, lol!! What's the worst that could happen? I keep my Hellcat and ZL1? LOL!!
Quote:

Hellcats and GTRs always seem to run the best times when I would go to the track. And yea, they all were in that same range, high 10s to low 11s. And they were stock. Well some of them had CAI but that was about it. One guy had the aFe intake and said he knew that they were robbing HP but he liked it anyway. He was actually waiting for his Demon to arrive at the dealership.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:04 AM   #2777
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Maybe wait a year and see if this becomes reality(C8 Twin Turbo LT7 Z06)
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/...tte-z06-leaks/

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #2778
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Maybe wait a year and see if this becomes reality(C8 Twin Turbo LT7 Z06)
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/...tte-z06-leaks/
"LT7"...SMH, GM REALLY needs to name these things better. I mean, come on man...

Anyway, A new C8 Z06 with this type of engine will probably be well over $120K. And that is way more than what I'd feel comfortable paying for this type of car. I teased myself with the thought of getting a C7 ZR1 or a C8 Z06. But I just cannot justify paying that kind of money for a car that would have very limited use for half of the year. Even a $90K Redeye is too much for a RWD car...and that is a car that I actually could drive in the Winter with all season tires. I wouldn't even think of driving a Vette in the Winter. A Trackhawk or M5 maybe. But that's about it. I think I'd limit myself to $75K on a C8. That should get me one with a decent set of options.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #2779
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
"LT7"...SMH, GM REALLY needs to name these things better. I mean, come on man...
Agreed. I really don't like the way they recycle engine identifications.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #2780
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Here is the 1320 Vs the Mustang GT PP1 on Cars

rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #2781
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I'm a car guy and a Olds/Dodge fan, I like GM if we are talking 60-70's and 80's

89 Iroc would be one of the Camaro's that I take.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #2782
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I'm a car guy and a Olds/Dodge fan, I like GM if we are talking 60-70's and 80's

89 Iroc would be one of the Camaro's that I take.
I had an 88 IROC-Z. I loved that car.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #2783
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
LOL....I love how nobody is even talking about the GT500 anymore. Way to go GM!
Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #2784
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL....I love how nobody is even talking about the GT500 anymore. Way to go GM!
I have said many times Corvette is my dream car so I might be biased lol. I think that was going to happen no matter what the GT500 did. The GT500 could have had 800+ HP and started at 65 and I still think the C8 would steal the spotlight. The mid engine corvette has been a rumor for what like 30 years and it finally happened. And as it got closer and closer alot of people thought it meant the base car was going into super car price territory and going to start with a 6 figure price tag and BOOM

here it is starting under 60K, the Z51 can hit 60 under 3 seconds and oh yeah its absolutely stunning to look at. I honestly think even if it started at 75 it would have still stole the thunder this has just been one of those things that had been talked about for so long and it's finally here.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM   #2785
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Here is the 1320 Vs the Mustang GT PP1 on Cars

If you're into the 1/4 mile, it looks like the 1320 is the car to get in the pony car segment. Pretty awesome stuff in it that trickeled down from the Demon. The 1320 drubbed the GT* in this head to head, same driver, same track, same day. Plus, it's just a more practical car.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #2786
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
If you're into the 1/4 mile, it looks like the 1320 is the car to get in the pony car segment. Pretty awesome stuff in it that trickeled down from the Demon. The 1320 drubbed the GT* in this head to head, same driver, same track, same day. Plus, it's just a more practical car.
Great video, thanks bud. Wished they had a 10 speed auto SS out there also.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote