Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #71
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigumZL1 View Post
Just found this thread and read through the whole thing to get to the end and see you sold it! If you don’t mind me asking, why did you sell the car? Are you getting a new vehicle to modify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Well, damn! You sold your Camaro the day after i completed my DIY super street brawler installation! I suppose it's up to me to carry the torch; I'm not aware of anyone else on the forum with a similarly equipped m6 car.

You may recall that i reached out to you a while back to get your input on living with this package. Obviously, i did not heed your advice regarding the possibility of finding a more prudent use of my money lol!

What are you thinking for your next project?

Yup, it all happened so quickly, I didn't even list it. Honestly, I just got sick of it. I ended up trading in my DD Charger for a 2018 S3 demo car I found with around 5k miles on it just because it was too cheap to pass up. It surprised me how much fun I was having with a smaller/lighter car and a DCT. I just wanted to get something different at first. Then after driving the S3 for a while, I realized what I didn't like: The roads in CT and NY were garbage, there's always too much traffic to open up the Camaro, it felt too bulky...just needed to switch it up.

I was going to get the new mid-engine vette, but had second thoughts. Same for the GT500. Then I shopped for a Porsche, but it was too much $ to get something good. I kept coming back to how the S3 just took off so quick and could turn like a go-kart. It was the smaller footprint of the car, DCT and AWD that made it feel faster in everyday driving than the Camaro. So I started looking for the fastest thing I could find that was light, small, had a DCT and could go all year round.

So literally today, I just traded the S3 towards a new RS3 that I found below invoice. Free maintenance plan covers everything up to 50k miles and I get treated like a king right around the corner from my house. I'm definitely not doing anything to it anytime soon though. I've seen a few online running low 9's with stock non-forged motors in the 1/4 mile with just tires, tune, down-pipe and bigger turbo. There's one in the 8's that's more built out, so the options there but I'm 100% not doing again.

Anyway, good luck with your cars and have a fun this summer
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:07 AM   #72
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Welcome to the family. I made the switch last December mainly due to being old, and not being very good at launching my M6 Camaro. Plus the comfort and tech in the Audi was great.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2019, 06:13 AM   #73
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Welcome to the family. I made the switch last December mainly due to being old, and not being very good at launching my M6 Camaro. Plus the comfort and tech in the Audi was great.

LOL, that's funny. How are you liking the gearbox in the RS5? If they had gone with a DCT, I would've also considered it. It's probably my favorite feature since it's the closest feeling to driving a manual without having a manual. It actually felt better to me than the PDK in a Macan Tubo I test drove. Make sure you put some money some $ aside for rotors. Our brake jobs are going to be expensive when the time comes.

Speaking of DCT, the car I was originally looking at, the C8, had some big news over weekend. Rumor is it won't be tune-able. Makes me feel even better about my decision.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 06-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #74
DFW1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
LOL, that's funny. How are you liking the gearbox in the RS5? If they had gone with a DCT, I would've also considered it. It's probably my favorite feature since it's the closest feeling to driving a manual without having a manual. It actually felt better to me than the PDK in a Macan Tubo I test drove. Make sure you put some money some $ aside for rotors. Our brake jobs are going to be expensive when the time comes.

I like the 8 spd trans, it shifts fast when in dynamic mode and I don't even bother putting it in manual mode and using the paddles. I also wondered why no DCT, and the answer is that Audi did not go with a DCT because of the RS5's TQ being too high. Yes, I am aware of the rotors wearing fast and costing $$s. The car is a heavy weight unfortunately and lacks direct brake cooling.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #75
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
You guys are kicked off. Go on and git. Those are really nice rides. Congrats.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #76
DFW1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Hey, I still have the heartbeat of america inside me. Who knows, I might end up in another Camaro in the future, but it would have to be a10. If my back wasn't so bad the mid-engine vette would be under strong consideration.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #77
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
I like the 8 spd trans, it shifts fast when in dynamic mode and I don't even bother putting it in manual mode and using the paddles. I also wondered why no DCT, and the answer is that Audi did not go with a DCT because of the RS5's TQ being too high. Yes, I am aware of the rotors wearing fast and costing $$s. The car is a heavy weight unfortunately and lacks direct brake cooling.

Yeah, I've noticed they've become super conservative with everything. It can definitely handle more but they'd probably have to beef it up and drive the cost up. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they only put those super expensive ceramic rotors on the dynamic plus package now. The two biggest thing I've learned is how strict they are with modding, and the car isn't as loud as it originally was. A lot of dealers will flag a car "TDI" for literally anything impacting performance or emissions. If that happens, adios warranty and expect to get bent over a barrel during a trade in. I was just looking to add the equivalent of a Forza controller I had on the Camaro to open my exhaust valves when I found out. They literally have the ECU set to keep them closed because of some new stupid EU regulations that Audi applied to all cars worldwide. There's multiple ways around it, but it's hard to figure what the car actually permanently records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post

LOL, thanks brother. I just popped in to look up some info on wheels and cosmetic stuff.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #78
DFW1LE

You might want to look into the Burger JB4 piggy back. It is supposedly undetectable.