Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Bye Bye Camily, long post

After the dealership totally ruined my car I have gotten rid of my Camaro. Took it in for transmission TSB fluid exchange (had to push them with the TSB I carried in with the highlighted info). Dropped the car off on a Monday for a “3 day procedure” asked for car to be kept inside if possible, especially at night. On Tuesday it rained all day long and they left my car outside with passenger window DOWN.

Picked the car up Wednesday with a puddle of water in the front floorboard and in the door panel. I didn’t discover this until I got home, was back at the dealer within 20 minutes of leaving. No service or general manager on site. Got the new car sales manager and a service writer to witness the water in the car and headed back home. On the way home I noticed a buzzing noise coming from underneath the car, kind of sounded like the……….TRANSMISSION, I have heard this noise before on other cars. Did the best I could to dry it out, after wet vacuuming, left in the garage top down with fans.

The next morning I called and voiced my frustration (to put it lightly). Was told they would send someone to get my car to dry and clean it. Asked about a loaner and was told non available that day but maybe in a day or two. Three weeks now, they never came and got the car and never called about the loaner and the car smells like a$$ and still buzzing from underneath.

Now the really bad part, in a fit of rage last Saturday……..I traded it for a Hyundai Kona.

End of line
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
That totally sucks and is inexcusable. That dealership would wish they never had met me. Seriously, the lack of respect for other people's property is mind-boggling to me. The world today can be a very sad place.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
Now the really bad part, in a fit of rage last Saturday……..I traded it for a Hyundai Kona.
Do you think the car had actual electrical damage? If so, it was probably for the best. But if the car was in bad enough shape that you wanted it gone, I feel bad for whoever winds up with the car unless you disclosed all this in advance.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Pro-2A

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1 MM6, NPP
I'm sorry to hear about your stealership experience, the guys at my stealership seem nice and all, but I'll stick with my philosophy: "The further away you can keep you car away from the stealership, the better off you'll be"! May have been worth it to find a reputable, independent transmission shop and pay a little to have the job done right.

Good luck with the Kona?, is that a sports car?
Old 02-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Sorry for your troubles and having a dealer ruin what is supposed to be a fun experience.

BTW - I bought my wife a Kona last year with the 1.6 Turbo. That car is a blast to drive especially in sport mode, hope you enjoy it.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #6
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
You traded for a what?! ... .... No empathy here.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #7
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
/\ /\ /\

Just kidding, sorry it all went south. Just wondering could you have taken it to a different dealer for the sound and just have shopvac'd and shampoo'd the crap out of the carpet? Given you're in warranty I wouldn't have been so quick to trade it.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your stealership experience, the guys at my stealership seem nice and all, but I'll stick with my philosophy: "The further away you can keep you car away from the stealership, the better off you'll be"! May have been worth it to find a reputable, independent transmission shop and pay a little to have the job done right.

Good luck with the Kona?, is that a sports car?
I agree.. It's hard to find a good dealership that takes the time to take care of your car. I've got one I've used for several years and so far so good but I pucker when I have to take mine in for warranty work.

I do my own oil service and tire rotation on my daily drivers (truck and SUV) much safer and I know it's done the way I want it.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #9
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Thanks for the positive input guys. Here is a stock pic of a Kona just like mine AWD. So far it is fun to drive and kinda sporty 175HP 1.6 turbo. Takes a bit getting used to the 7speed dual clutch transmission but getting the hang of it. I am going to miss my Camaro. What I am not going to miss is the throttle lag and slow maunal shift points of the Camaro. I am kinda weird when it comes to cars I buy new, once something like this happens to them, I am done with it and move on.
Attached Images

man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #10
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
After the dealership totally ruined my car I have gotten rid of my Camaro. Took it in for transmission TSB fluid exchange (had to push them with the TSB I carried in with the highlighted info). Dropped the car off on a Monday for a “3 day procedure” asked for car to be kept inside if possible, especially at night. On Tuesday it rained all day long and they left my car outside with passenger window DOWN.

Picked the car up Wednesday with a puddle of water in the front floorboard and in the door panel. I didn’t discover this until I got home, was back at the dealer within 20 minutes of leaving. No service or general manager on site. Got the new car sales manager and a service writer to witness the water in the car and headed back home. On the way home I noticed a buzzing noise coming from underneath the car, kind of sounded like the……….TRANSMISSION, I have heard this noise before on other cars. Did the best I could to dry it out, after wet vacuuming, left in the garage top down with fans.

The next morning I called and voiced my frustration (to put it lightly). Was told they would send someone to get my car to dry and clean it. Asked about a loaner and was told non available that day but maybe in a day or two. Three weeks now, they never came and got the car and never called about the loaner and the car smells like a$$ and still buzzing from underneath.

End of line
Whos the dealer?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #11
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree.. It's hard to find a good dealership that takes the time to take care of your car. I've got one I've used for several years and so far so good but I pucker when I have to take mine in for warranty work.
It's unfortunately trial and error. What really pisses me off is the fact that Google and Yelp lump together reviews for both the sales and service departments. You have to wade through a dozen or so 5 star reviews by people who are just happy to have a new car before you find actual relevant reviews about the post-sales service experience. I have found a dealer who does good service work, although I generally do have to talk to at least 2 different service advisors to double check that my appointment was actually set up correctly. I learned to hard way to call in just before I drive over to make sure they have the time slot and description of work written down correctly. The mechanics themselves are fine though.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
That sucks , don’t dealerships realize there losing customers by being morons. Hope your Kona doesn’t have any problems for you. Nice green color though
Old 02-20-2020, 06:30 PM   #13
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

End of line
The GM dealership sales & service experience continues to be the proverbial “turd in the punch bowl” of dealing with them. They have made some great cars over the years, but continue to piss people off with shady sales tactics and absolutely substandard service. Not that all other dealers are angels, but given how good some of GM’s stuff is, their market share should be *so* much higher.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:47 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sorry about your Camaro but it was a good thing to get rid of it before some other issue/issues showed up like a wiring problem, etc!