Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #15
Michael-k

Drives: '21 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Rules View Post
Here try this and see if it helps you decide...I was leaning towards the S-Type until I heard them. I ended up getting the...Atak. I absolutely love the sound!

I also found an incredible deal on the Atak exhaust system, so that helped

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOlxn3M1WI
Sweeeeeet! That's exactly what I needed.

I should have known to search for videos.
Michael-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #16
comprookie2000

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LT
I have this one, love it!
https://mbrpexhauststore.com/2-5-axl...ro-v6-2016-up/
comprookie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #17
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
It depends on the level of sound you want and also what you want to spend. In my opinion, the factory NPP sounds and looks pretty good with the dual tips. It's an expensive option at 1K, though. The stock factory exhaust without NPP is extremely quiet, like a luxury car and has almost no sound.

Aftermarket axle back will be the lowest cost option although there are full CAT backs made for the V6. As already stated there are different makes of axle back. Depending on what you pre willing to pay, will deliver different sounds and also may introduce drone. My Camaro came with the no sound non NPP- and it had a defect, a loose baffle on the inside that rattled terribly at start up. So after a lot of reading and listening to sound clips I opted for the lower cost MBRP axle back. I went with SST and it cost me only $450 at Amazon. It fit perfectly, love the big 4" polished tips and I was able to adjust them perfectly in the cut outs in the rear diffuser. I also love the sound- the V6 just howls so nice and it also has a nice bark at start up. Cruising at low RPM's is relatively quiet but it has a drone at 1900 RPM- only that one spot in the RPM range. The MBRP also is more or less a straight through pipe with a hemoltz chamber off to the size. I personally love it- and it's not that expensive compared to other systems.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #18
versionx

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LT 3.6 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprookie2000 View Post
I was debating on getting the same one but when I saw it was Aluminized Steel, I was afraid of it rusting in a matter of time.

Do you have any videos on the sound it makes?
versionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #19
786tech

Drives: 2018 Red Hot 1SS 1LE
I recently got QTP cutouts and love the sound. Massive drone at certain rpms but the remote control can close them when cruising.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #20
Michael-k

Drives: '21 Camaro
Question Update ... and a question.

I've pretty much settled on Borla (because they have NPP and no drone) -- I might actually get ATAK.
I figure I'll get the regular exhaust system. Then, after she's broken in and we've gotten acquainted, I'll make my move!
A quad-tip valance from Next-gen speed, and I'll be good to go.

So, my question --
Does the exhaust in an LT with V6 have a crossover (i.e. X or H)?
I can't find any info about this. I'm considering doing this (an H, probably).
Michael-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #21
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-k View Post
I've pretty much settled on Borla (because they have NPP and no drone) -- I might actually get ATAK.
I figure I'll get the regular exhaust system. Then, after she's broken in and we've gotten acquainted, I'll make my move!

So, my question --
So if I’m honest, which I am, I just installed the axle back ATAK system and I am beyond pleased but will probably to more in the future. The sound is amazing and video doesn’t really do it justice. When you get the exhaust system put in, I would l love to hear a sound clip. Curious if catless and maybe resonator delete
Hayden P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 PM   #22
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-k View Post

So, my question --
We do not have factory crossover pipes. The resonator the stock system has sometimes gets confused for an X Pipe but it’s two perforated pipes (PolynesianPowerhouse cut one open and posted somewhere on here).

My car is supercharged with a secondary cat delete and a Borla Atak axleback. I’m buying the ARH catless downpipes this week and I’m thinking of installing a resonated X Pipe where the secondary cats used to be
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #23
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
We do not have factory crossover pipes. The resonator the stock system has sometimes gets confused for an X Pipe but it’s two perforated pipes (PolynesianPowerhouse cut one open and posted somewhere on here).

My car is supercharged with a secondary cat delete and a Borla Atak axleback. I’m buying the ARH catless downpipes this week and I’m thinking of installing a resonated X Pipe where the secondary cats used to be
Ummmm I will be expecting sounds clips!!! Thinking of doing catless down the road but need to save for that lol. And I’m looking at a getting a procharger WAYYYY later down the road lol
Hayden P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #24
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden P View Post
Ummmm I will be expecting sounds clips!!! Thinking of doing catless down the road but need to save for that lol. And I’m looking at a getting a procharger WAYYYY later down the road lol
Lol will do. The X Pipe should be here this week but the guy I’m buying the down pipes from hasn’t responded this weekend :(
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after-market exhaust, dual-mode exhaust, exhaust