Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #6707
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Seems like the right decision to go with then... plus I was worried about the daily and rain driving capabilities of the g3r's.
I wouldn't even consider them for daily driving. You're going to want a second set of wheels if you are going to try them.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #6708
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
IMHO the G3s are crap for daily driving... much less the GT3Rs!
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #6709
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
IMHO the G3s are crap for daily driving... much less the GT3Rs!
I kind used the ss 1le as my daily for the 1st year and 18k miles here in FL. They were mostly fine except trying to go at highway speeds during heavy rain, definately some butt puckering moments.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:26 PM   #6710
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I hear R888Rs are just about as good as some DRs as to grip. Would rain be a big problem if you are careful? Also do they wear better than DRs? Thinking of using them in the back and skipping DRs for now. I have them but the Race Stars are a real pain to take on and off.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #6711
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
R888Rs will be worse in rain than the stock G3s.

As far as street mileage, they're a 100TW track tire, so they're not going to last long. They should be much better for going around corners than DRs, but I have no frame of reference for comparing wear.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #6712
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...H4u-0tYqmt-oms

I'm just waiting for my phone call!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:52 AM   #6713
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Wow, hope it happens soon. Camaros are shipping fast, but the C8 is a different story. Are they all covered?
Old 03-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #6714
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

Woohoo! That's awesome

Didn't get a chance to make it to the auto show this year, so can't wait for these to start popping up at dealers so I can see it in person and see them out in the wild
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #6715
shaffe

FWIW It looks like some of the inconsistencies on the modified GT500 is due to the DCT and TCM.

Lund put on facebook this morning that they had one of their cars go 9.1 but also said that without TCM access they are having trouble getting dialed in and it's still acting on its own and that it will limit power or slip a little on a gear change. So sounds to me like they haven't fully cracked everything yet taking them at their word.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 03-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #6716
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Wow, hope it happens soon. Camaros are shipping fast, but the C8 is a different story. Are they all covered?
Last I heard they all are spoken for. Anyone who does not have one on order as of a few weeks ago is not going to get a 2020. Not unless they buy someone's allocation or if someone who ordered one can't pay for it and it goes up for sale at that particular dealership. And even those who did order might not get an official 2020 because of the strike pushing things back. Those towards the middle/end of the ordering might end up with a 2021 instead of a 2020. It depends on how far along things are by August/September when they switch over plants or something.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #6717
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
FWIW It looks like some of the inconsistencies on the modified GT500 is due to the DCT and TCM.

Lund put on facebook this morning that they had one of their cars go 9.1 but also said that without TCM access they are having trouble getting dialed in and it's still acting on its own and that it will limit power or slip a little on a gear change. So sounds to me like they haven't fully cracked everything yet taking them at their word.
I think that is the evolution performance car “the villain” and yes you can hear some of the shifts...doesn’t sound very healthy lol. But man, they are going 9.1 with the shifts jacked...impressive.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #6718
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
I think that is the evolution performance car “the villain” and yes you can hear some of the shifts...doesn’t sound very healthy lol. But man, they are going 9.1 with the shifts jacked...impressive.
What really hasn't been talked about, or very little - is that a DCT's clutch setup is limited to a certain amount of power until it will eventually slip.

I found a company that does Euro DCT upgrades, but nothing really at the GT500 level of power/quarter mile times and speeds.

https://www.sspperformance.com/bmw-d...h-package.html
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #6719
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
This is true, but I know they've been manually shifting the car at like 8k+ rpm, so I wonder if the tcm unlock will really make it much faster or more so more consistent. Because when they get a good pass its awesome, but it seems solid a to b passes are far and in between with the tranny acting up here and there. I'm assuming a high 8 isn't out of the question once the trans is figured out, but hopefully not at the expense of grenading the dct.

Looks like the drag pack made a hell of a difference. Went from a 9.5 car to a 9.1 car with 1.4 60 foots. It seems that they were smart and went with a bias ply set up too.

It is funny to hear stangmode constantly call his car bone stock. Its on a mickey or r888r, rear + passanger seat deletes, and a resonator delete mid pipe which has been proven to add a little hp. I mean its close to stock, but him constantly calling it bone stock is funny.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #6720
shaffe

Quote:
Last I heard they all are spoken for. Anyone who does not have one on order as of a few weeks ago is not going to get a 2020. Not unless they buy someone's allocation or if someone who ordered one can't pay for it and it goes up for sale at that particular dealership. And even those who did order might not get an official 2020 because of the strike pushing things back. Those towards the middle/end of the ordering might end up with a 2021 instead of a 2020. It depends on how far along things are by August/September when they switch over plants or something.
So does that mean that there will be 0 2020 Corvettes in a dealers inventory? Like they weren't able to order any for stock?

Quote:
Yeah I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
What really hasn't been talked about, or very little - is that a DCT's clutch setup is limited to a certain amount of power until it will eventually slip.

I found a company that does Euro DCT upgrades, but nothing really at the GT500 level of power/quarter mile times and speeds.

https://www.sspperformance.com/bmw-d...h-package.html
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is true, but I know they've been manually shifting the car at like 8k+ rpm, so I wonder if the tcm unlock will really make it much faster or more so more consistent. Because when they get a good pass its awesome, but it seems solid a to b passes are far and in between with the tranny acting up here and there. I'm assuming a high 8 isn't out of the question once the trans is figured out, but hopefully not at the expense of grenading the dct.

Looks like the drag pack made a hell of a difference. Went from a 9.5 car to a 9.1 car with 1.4 60 foots. It seems that they were smart and went with a bias ply set up too.

It is funny to hear stangmode constantly call his car bone stock. Its on a mickey or r888r, rear + passanger seat deletes, and a resonator delete mid pipe which has been proven to add a little hp. I mean its close to stock, but him constantly calling it bone stock is funny.
This is just a total guess, but I wonder if Ford put a little extra protection in the TCM and that is why even with stock cars we have seen a variance in times. Maybe a little over protective?

And that is funny he calls the car stock. That is not stock lol.