Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #3389
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
How exactly is the displacement tax implemented across the pond? Is it passed along to the consumer like the gas guzzler tax?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #3390
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
How exactly is the displacement tax implemented across the pond? Is it passed along to the consumer like the gas guzzler tax?
It varies by country, but it is a tax based on displacement that you (the consumer) EVERY YEAR. So, it's not like a gas guzzler tax that you pay one time at the time of purchase, but more like a state here in the US that has property tax on a car (like Virginia). The more displacemnt, the more anual tax you pay. AND, some countries do it by a tax category, like 2.1L - 2.5L = taxrate1, 2.6L - 3.0L = taxrate2... and so on.

So, you can see why so many car manufactuerers are also going to displacements that are at the top range of a tax bracket, like 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, rather than 2.2 etc. You get the most displcement in that tax bracket.

Of course, as I said before, this varies from country to country, so this descrption is a general one not a specific one.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #3391
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
It varies by country, but it is a tax based on displacement that you (the consumer) EVERY YEAR. So, it's not like a gas guzzler tax that you pay one time at the time of purchase, but more like a state here in the US that has property tax on a car (like Virginia). The more displacemnt, the more anual tax you pay. AND, some countries do it by a tax category, like 2.1L - 2.5L = taxrate1, 2.6L - 3.0L = taxrate2... and so on.

So, you can see why so many car manufactuerers are also going to displacements that are at the top range of a tax bracket, like 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, rather than 2.2 etc. You get the most displcement in that tax bracket.

Of course, as I said before, this varies from country to country, so this descrption is a general one not a specific one.
So it's the consumer pays the tax every year that sucks. No wonder so many automakers over there go smaller displacement people eventually just going to have choose smaller engines just to be cheaper for them.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #3392
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10

LOL, so here is the piggy on track. Is there a straighter track or is this it? LOL!! This is what the GT500 is going to need to beat the ZL1/ZLE/C8 Z51, nice looonnnggg straights to get that engine spinning. I would still love to see the ZL brothers take on this blob. And I'd love to see both on a track with some turns in it...I mean, since the GT500 feels like it weighs much less than it actually does.

Thoughts?

BTW, I think dude was using a stopwatch to get this "official" lap record.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #3393
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

LOL, so here is the piggy on track.
That was posted over a week ago in this thread, but got lost in the whole engine digression.

Hard to tell in video, but it looks to me like the GT350 is still carrying more mid corner speed than the GT500... so yeah, it's gonna need some long straights for good lap times.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #3394
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Anyway, the dealership called yesterday and left a message saying they want to put my C8 order in by the end of the day today. So it is bye bye to one or both of my current vehicles in the next few months.
A damn shame the 2012 BMW X5 50i has to go. It was so useful as a daily!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #3395
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #3396
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
My nominee for "Post of the Day"
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #3397
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
That was posted over a week ago in this thread, but got lost in the whole engine digression.

Hard to tell in video, but it looks to me like the GT350 is still carrying more mid corner speed than the GT500... so yeah, it's gonna need some long straights for good lap times.
I'm not impressed with this video at all especially when they focus on the part of the track with long straights as the GT500 zooms by hits a lazy corner and zoom by again. That was angled that way so that people would focus on "oh it sounds soo good" and "oh man that thing is really moving" and "wow listen to that engine scream" as it basically goes in a straight line. They did all that talk about how it feels lighter than it really is and then post this video, lol!! And early on you kinda see one of them almost lose control in one of the corners. The black car at about 0:36 seconds looks like it lost it's footing in an almost hilarious manner. I'm not sure if that was the GT500 or GT350 tho.

Anyway, that thing does not look like it will corner well. Not with 4200 pounds and most of it hanging off the nose. And definitely not well enough to merit a $94K price tag. Even if it does beat the ZL1 or ZLE it is only going to happen on straight-er tracks. And it still costs $20K more. And anything with some severe corners will see it way behind. To me this thing is a brick.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #3398
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL!! As much as I would like to have the ZL1, Hellcat, and C8 I think it is better to ditch the Hellcat. I love that car but it is just too big and it does not handle well at all. It has way too much body roll even in light corners. I bought it because it was one of my dream cars since it was announced and it was a blast to own for 3 years. I'm glad I got to have one. And man it was an exhilarating ride especially at WOT in the low gears. That thing has probably the most exciting and wicked take off I have ever experienced...once you get it rolling that is. But after 3 years I gotta say I'm more in favor of cars that corner well AND accelerate well.

If Dodge can find a way to shave off some weight and give it better handling capabilities even by just a little and keep it at a reasonable price then I'd be willing to get another one. But I don't see any of that happening any time soon if at all. So for now I can say it was an experience and I enjoyed it and it is time to move on.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #3399
hotlap

Quote:

LOL, so here is the piggy on track. Is there a straighter track or is this it? LOL!! This is what the GT500 is going to need to beat the ZL1/ZLE/C8 Z51, nice looonnnggg straights to get that engine spinning. I would still love to see the ZL brothers take on this blob. And I'd love to see both on a track with some turns in it...I mean, since the GT500 feels like it weighs much less than it actually does.

Thoughts?

BTW, I think dude was using a stopwatch to get this "official" lap record.
Anyone else notice that the video is hosted by REVan Evan = Evan Smith?

Expect another media roll out like the GT*. Lots of favorable and impressive achievements by private parties (Evan) that Ford has no official involvement with. ...because Ford doesn't publish times.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #3400
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

Expect another media roll out like the GT*. Lots of favorable and impressive achievements by private parties (Evan) that Ford has no official involvement with. ...because Ford doesn't publish times.
If that's the case then....hmm. I'm suspicious of every number Ford eludes to ever since the 2015 GT gained weight when they said it lost weight
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #3401
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

Well he was really good at driving the 18 GT in a straight line and now hes driving a GT500 in a straight line.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:16 AM   #3402
hotlap

Quote:
Well he was really good at driving the 18 GT in a straight line and now hes driving a GT500 in a straight line.
There shouldn’t be any illusions that Revan Evan (Smith) is an independent source testing Mustangs. He is a hired media consultant paid to “expose your brand”. ...because Ford doesn’t publish times.

http://revanmedia.com/media/
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -