Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #1
justa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 3.6L
Resonator going bad, HELP

Hello,

So my resonator is going bad, and I was thinking of just cutting out the resonator rather than fixing it from chevy because will be very expensive.

So should I cut out the resonator, and replace it with an x-pipe?

I have the Borla Atak axle backs on my v6 camaro, no other modifications. I really really like the sound of the axle back, and Im afraid adding the x-pipe will make my car sound worse. I know will get slightly louder with an X-pipe, but do not want it to start getting raspy and sounding like crap.

Please help, because trying to get chevy to fix the resonator is VERYY expensive.
justa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
you could get another resonated x pipe instead of a plain x pipe. either option should cost less than 200 bucks total getting the job done.

a regular x pipe will definitely change the sound, but the only way to know what that will sound like is trying it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 AM   #3
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa_camaro View Post
Hello,

So my resonator is going bad, and I was thinking of just cutting out the resonator rather than fixing it from chevy because will be very expensive.

So should I cut out the resonator, and replace it with an x-pipe?

I have the Borla Atak axle backs on my v6 camaro, no other modifications. I really really like the sound of the axle back, and Im afraid adding the x-pipe will make my car sound worse. I know will get slightly louder with an X-pipe, but do not want it to start getting raspy and sounding like crap.

Please help, because trying to get chevy to fix the resonator is VERYY expensive.
okay so me personally my exhaust set up is the following: ARH Catless Downpipes, Secondary cat delete (2.5in x pipe in its place), Stock Resonator and adaptive valves, and a MBRP Quad Tip Axel Back Exhaust.

now you can remove the stock resonator and replace it with tru-x resonated x pipe for magnaflow. the sound wont change it will just get deeper and possibly sound better. i wouldnt put a regular x pipe there because then the sound will change.

The Resonator is the only part i left stock on my exhaust because the resonator keeps the nasty annoying sounds away from the exhaust noise but if you remove it or replace with just a regular x pipe get ready for that sound you dont want

in conclusion best bet is to get a Tru-X Resonated X pipe from magna flow or get another stock resonator from gm. (id go with magnaflow)
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote