#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-07-2020, 12:18 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Have you sat in a premier trim Equinox or Terrain SLT/Denali? And you have sat in the new base trim Rav4 or only the 45K fully loaded hybrid model at the autoshow?
I can't speak on this with much authority since I haven't spent time in a newer Rav4, but my wife and I do own a 2018 Terrain SLT that's pretty optioned out. I think the interior quality is good for the class...at least to my expectations.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I can't speak on this with much authority since I haven't spent time in a newer Rav4, but my wife and I do own a 2018 Terrain SLT that's pretty optioned out. I think the interior quality is good for the class...at least to my expectations.
Agreed. My wife has a '19 Terrain Denali and the interior is quite solid, IMHO. Both the materials used and fit & finish are easily on par with the competition.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #17
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Have you sat in a premier trim Equinox or Terrain SLT/Denali? And you have sat in the new base trim Rav4 or only the 45K fully loaded hybrid model at the autoshow?
I sat in all the above at an auto show. The Premier and Denali trims of the Equinox and Terrain, respectively, look good but the build quality is not impressive. This is true of my 2012 Equinox as well.

Last edited by DC5; 02-07-2020 at 01:13 PM.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:26 PM   #18
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yeah that's my impression too, the Terrain is more upscale than the Equinox and makes good use of materials. I have been in the Rav4 and I don't like the tablet style screen and prefer the interior layout of the GMC but that doesn't mean the Rav4 isn't good, it's a nice car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
I sat in all the above at an auto show. The Premier and Denali trims of the Equinox and Terrain, respectively, look good but the build quality is not impressive. This is true of my 2012 Equinox as well.
Well your 2012 is the previous generation which my father also drove at one point. It was below average in comparison to competitors but the new generation is a big improvement when it comes to the chassis, technology and interior layout/quality. So if by being impressed you expect to be wowed by them like you would with a flagship luxury vehicle than I think you're having some confusion about the vehicle segment and purposes for these SUVS.

They are entry level SUVS for both brands(Chevrolet and GMC). They need to be affordable and I think the Equinox did well since GM wanted to leave room for GMC to have the more upscale offering. So I'm surprised you felt that the GMC had a low quality interior. I did not get that impression.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:02 AM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Much approved. Prefer the RS just as I do with the Blazer. Good job Chevy.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote