Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Just give your insurance company the vin number of the car they could tell you what your payments will be. If they don’t they’re lying . When I got mine my insurance man said get him the vin number and he’ll tell me the payments.
Yep. If it is too high, shop around
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #16
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
I'm paying $48 a month for my SS, Progressive lowered their rates for their customers because of covid apparently. But even before that i was at $67 a month, full coverage. I'm at the platinum level with them though. I've also had them lower it multiple times by threatening to switch companies... so i would try that with your insurance company.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
The digit in the VIN number for the engine code triggers insurance company's rates in their computers, not the trim level. Just as there's no difference in insurance between a 1LT V6 and a 2LT V6, there's also no difference between an LT1, 1SS, or 2SS. They're essentially three trim levels of the same car.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #18
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The digit in the VIN number for the engine code triggers insurance company's rates in their computers, not the trim level. Just as there's no difference in insurance between a 1LT V6 and a 2LT V6, there's also no difference between an LT1, 1SS, or 2SS. They're essentially three trim levels of the same car.
And where you live
And your credit score
And replacement value of vehicle
And driving record

It is not just the engine. My 2020 SS is a couple dollars higher than my 2017 ecoboost stang per year. I asked why she said replacement value.

And i have a teenage driver in the house.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #19
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
And where you live
And your credit score
And replacement value of vehicle
And driving record

It is not just the engine.
My point to the OP is that for the same customer, same person, same address, same location, same driving record, same exact everything comparing prices, the VIN code in the LT1 designates the 6.2 V8 which is the same as the 1SS and 2SS.

He was asking why an LT1 would show up as an SS when he was checking on insurance pricing, and I gave him the proper explanation. Your 2017 Ecoboost has nothing to do with his question as to why an LT1 would be considered an SS. He was naturally thinking an LT1 would be cheaper because it's not an "SS", but it goes by engine code not trim level. Don't confuse him.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #20
FarmerFran

Quote:
My point to the OP is that for the same customer, same person, same address, same location, same driving record, same exact everything comparing prices, the VIN code in the LT1 designates the 6.2 V8 which is the same as the 1SS and 2SS.

He was asking why an LT1 would show up as an SS when he was checking on insurance pricing, and I gave him the proper explanation. Your 2017 Ecoboost has nothing to do with his question as to why an LT1 would be considered an SS. He was naturally thinking an LT1 would be cheaper because it's not an "SS", but it goes by engine code not trim level. Don't confuse him.
And my point is it is not the engine that would make it more expensive or cheaper. Thus the reference to the EcoBoost.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #21
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
I believe this was discussed in another thread, but the LT1 model in the GM system is the same as the SS...
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:30 PM   #22
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
And my point is it is not the engine that would make it more expensive or cheaper. Thus the reference to the EcoBoost.

He was wondering why an LT1 is listed as an SS to the insurance company. I explained that the LT1 trim and both SSs have a designated letter/number in the VIN for the 6.2 liter LT1 V8. That is what triggers an “SS” in the insurance company’s database.

Your 2017 Ecoboost and 17 kids and 84 speeding tickets and 326 credit score has nothing to do with his original question

Old 06-25-2020, 05:35 PM   #23
FarmerFran

Quote:

He was wondering why an LT1 is listed as an SS to the insurance company. I explained that the LT1 trim and both SSs have a designated letter/number in the VIN for the 6.2 liter LT1 V8. That is what triggers an “SS” in the insurance company’s database.

Your 2017 Ecoboost and 17 kids and 84 speeding tickets and 326 credit score has nothing to do with his original question

You are such a stooge
Old 06-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Here you go. LT1 and 1SS model codes are the same. This from the 2020 order guide

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G using Tapatalk
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #25
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
You are such a stooge
Oh look Moe! Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk!
Old 06-26-2020, 06:28 AM   #26
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I am in the same boat for a lot of the stuff. The GM CAI is neat but too expensive for the gain IMO.
No measurable gain except looks and sound. But from past experience the Cold Air Inductions CAI is quality part. If I did not get a free Rotofab by trading my ZL1 Rotofab I would want the GM marketed CAI part.

The stock intake is really good. But man is it ugly. you can make it better with a scoop under the grill. But I am not sure the scoop fits LT1s.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #27
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I'm paying $48 a month for my SS, Progressive lowered their rates for their customers because of covid apparently. But even before that i was at $67 a month, full coverage. I'm at the platinum level with them though. I've also had them lower it multiple times by threatening to switch companies... so i would try that with your insurance company.
I have had a bad experience with trying to get Progressive to settle a claim and have heard not good things about them in general. What has been your experience with them?
Old 06-26-2020, 06:41 AM   #28
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperjrjr View Post
I have a few questions for you guys, I don't really know anyone in real life that has any experience with camaros or cars in general.

First question, why does my LT1 camaro show up as an SS camaro when I tried to get insurance on it? Seems pretty silly especially if I'm gonna have to pay extra. Any of you had to deal with this?
I would say you are lucky the insurance rep did not charge you more than the SS. Being the lightest V8 Camaro the LT1 is the fastest one!