Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-08-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Trouble code P219b

I did a search and there are a whopping 3 threads referencing this code. Car seems to run fine, I do notice it has a slight miss but that could just be in my head. I have seen everything from plugs, injectors, O2 sensors, etc. Has anyone seen and fixed this issue? I tried clearing but it comes back. :(

update: So my $100 hand scanner from HF couldnt clear the code and while I knew it could be a host of things wrong I wanted to keep it simple. I went a filled up with top tier fuel and bought the best fuel injector cleaner O'reilly's had to offer. It was made by Gum Out I believe. I wanted Hot Shot or the likes but couldnt find it. I went home and took a look at my plug wires and just did an visual scan under the hood. All looked perfect. I jacked up the car and all 5 O2's looked fine. I have a WB.

Heres where it got interesting. I grabbed my car laptop and HP Tuners. Connected to the car and monitored the O2's and injectors through the software. I had NO IDEA what I was looking for but I seen activity that looked normal. I then seen I could read and delete codes with HP Tuners. I found about 10 generic codes from a bad tail light to the P219b. All of them seemed to be generic "stored" codes, or the history of the car. I went ahead and cleared them all and light went off. I have cycled the car at least 20 times and put at least 100 miles on it since. Last night we went to dinner and while in Mexico I took the car up to about 135 before I shut down. I hammered it and was in 9-10lb of boost. WB looked great and the car pulled like a raped ape. I was trying to force the light back on. NOPE!!!! It still has the little rough idle but you know I think its been like that since the day I bought the car even before the maggie. My C7 with a blower as well is just the same so it was all in my head. Looks like HP tuners saved the day. I hope this helps others. I was stressed and didnt want to deal with a CEL or generic code.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.

Last edited by teddyca; 11-11-2021 at 10:02 AM.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
The reason you aren't really getting anywhere is because it's considered a "generic" code, and that's because there are a lot of different reasons it could show up. It could be a bad O2 sensor, burnt wires on a harness, an exhaust leak, a vacuum leak in the engine, or a few other things. Seems it's indicating a lean condition, and that's bad.

Try checking the wiring harness for the sensor as there have been some issues with some harnesses getting burnt on some model years. Since it's -possible- that the fault could lie somewhere in a component that would be covered by the federal emissions warranty, I wouldn't start tinkering unless you have done mods to your car. Head for the dealership for at least a discussion with a service tech about the most likely causes.

On the other hand, if you HAVE done mods on your car, start looking at them as the potential cause of something that would throw the air/fuel ratio out of whack (by introducing too much air).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This is air/fuel imbalance on bank 2. Could be rich or lean, the code is non-specific. Have you scanned for other codes along with this code?
Since it is only one side, your suspects are fuel injector on that side, exhaust leak, O2 sensor, etc.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #4
teddyca

Yep sounds like I get to jump down a rabbit hole here. Car is far from stock with a Maggie, xpipe, and catback. Custom tune, etc... you get it. I would have to pull the blower to access injectors and if I end up doing that trust me I am going LT4 with a HPFP. Funny thing is I have an extra set of injectors and pump from my C7. I hope I can climb under the car and figure it out. I do appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Yep sounds like I get to jump down a rabbit hole here. Car is far from stock with a Maggie, xpipe, and catback. Custom tune, etc... you get it. I would have to pull the blower to access injectors and if I end up doing that trust me I am going LT4 with a HPFP. Funny thing is I have an extra set of injectors and pump from my C7. I hope I can climb under the car and figure it out. I do appreciate the feedback.
My guess would be the exhaust isn't a likely culprit since you're cat-back and the sensors are likely ahead of the cat and immediately behind it (and still in place?).

If you did headers, there could be a leak there.

There's usually some really basic diagnostics you can do on an O2 sensor with a multi-meter, might only have to unclip the harness to do it to. Probably worth at least starting there...

Something is definitely out of whack, though, as it takes multiple operating cycles with the issue detected to throw a code.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #6
teddyca

Thank you very much. Well the good news is I also have a C7 which is getting a brand new built motor in my shop. I have all the sensors and new TR7 plugs for it. I can start there with plugs and wires, check O2 sensors, and make sure nothing is melted. I don't have headers and the stock manifolds have not been touched. There is very little info here and on Corvette Forum so I will keep you all posted and when/if I fix this issue I will post up my experience to hopefully help the next man.

On a side note while I always run crappy 91 octane in California, I do usually get gas at the mom and pops shops. I went to a big name station today, filled up, and added a can of injector cleaner for shits and giggles.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #7
teddyca

UPDATE ABOVE TO KEEP SIMPLE!!!!
Old 11-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #8
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
UPDATE ABOVE TO KEEP SIMPLE!!!!
Glad it is working for you. Since you are into mods and blowers, you should build on that friendship you started with HPTuners. It will come in handy down the road!
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Agree on liking that you've at least made progress. From what I have read, it takes multiple operating cycles (cold start, fully warmed up, complete return to cold start) before it will throw/store a code again. So, I hope that you can log another bunch of miles and cycles without it returning!
Old 11-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #10
teddyca

Well F@CK!!!! Man I had to go into town. "I live about 5 miles in the country", and I look down and it pops back up. JINX!!!! I have not scanned the car so stay tuned but I think we know what it is.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Ugh. Sorry, man. I wanted you to be past it!

Keep us posted!
Old 11-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #12
teddyca

Just scanned with HP Tuners. I have a buddy that works at the dealer. I might just take in. I am sure a Tech2 or whatever is the bees knees these days can figure it out.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #13
teddyca

Another little update since boys. I have driven the car a couple hundred miles at least and filled up at Chevron each time (gotta f@cking love $5.39 a gallon and average 12mpg LOL) Well the light turned off by its self, and never came back. I am hoping it was just some bad gas leaning out the bank. Lets hope by me updating I dont get bit in the ass. LOL
Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 PM   #14
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Another little update since boys. I have driven the car a couple hundred miles at least and filled up at Chevron each time (gotta f@cking love $5.39 a gallon and average 12mpg LOL) Well the light turned off by its self, and never came back. I am hoping it was just some bad gas leaning out the bank. Lets hope by me updating I dont get bit in the ass. LOL
12MPG? Upshift! lol