Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Probably just a fluke. It's rare to see things like this but they can happen. Hell, once we had to tear into a 6.2 in a Tahoe that as soon as it came off of the transport with 2 miles on it, it had a collapsed lifter. It still comes in for normal maintenance and has had no issues since.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #16
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Start sending your oil samples to blackstone to monitor for future issues
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #17
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
So car fax is useless yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I was just pissed and had to vent lol. Got a little mad when I saw rod bearing replaced, and it didn't show up under car fax service history. I've calmed down now, the service guy was like why are you so mad? Don't worry about it at least you know it was fixed right. He was laughing at me. He also said it was the first one he's heard of in a camaro, and it was probably just a fluke.

Something like that wouldn’t show up on a Carfax though. Every detail of service history isn’t posted for several reasons with the primary being dealers and service facilities simply aren’t required to do so. Carfax maintenance history is typically just for basic services like oil changes, tire rotations and alignments. In-depth vehicle repairs will never be reported, they will simply say service completed.

You had an unrealistic expectation of what Carfax is, what it does, and how Information is posted to it.

I say all that to say, don’t sweat it. You have a sweet ride, enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #18
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Rental Fleet Cars

Something most of you know, but for those that don't, Rental Fleet cars will never show information on the CarFax or any other similar report. They are self insured, so do not need to report any damage or repairs. There are rental cars that are likely fine to buy, but any sports car should be off limits from a rental company. From mile 1, they are very likely hammered.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #19
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Question , If a person shopping for a used car gets a Vin number and calls or visits a dealer will they run the service history for me , before I make the purchase ?
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #20
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Probably depends on the dealership.

I have a friend who is a salesman for a Hendrick dealership, and he would look something like that up for me.

So, I guess it all depends on the dealership and who you know.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #21
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Question , If a person shopping for a used car gets a Vin number and calls or visits a dealer will they run the service history for me , before I make the purchase ?

Probably not before purchase. There’s a privacy concern associated with that information. Sometimes you have to show proof of ownership before that would be provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:40 AM   #22
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Sounds like more good reasons to not buy used. I’m gonna stick with my program of buying new. I’ll be the one that burns up the bearing and then dumps it on the next guy not the other way around.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #23
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
It's the choice of the dealer. We will, but then again it only shows the work done at our dealer. Even our body shop and any other dealer or repair shop won't show any information.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #24
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
I was trying to sell my Mustang GT with 600 miles on it, and the Dealer had reported 3500 miles to Carfax. Guy thought I was scamming him. Called the Dealer and got it sorted out. Carfax is a tool but certainly not gospel/all knowing.
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote