Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-13-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The further forward the sensor is the less chance of seeing any condensation.

1 minute may not be long enough, that is why I suggested a switch, turn it on after the car is fully warmed up and you will never fail another sensor due to condensation.

Ted.
Thanks Ted!

I can change it to a longer duration. I thought with the sensor being much closer now in the collector and the fact that the sensor is just beginning to heat up after the 1 minute duration that it would be enough time assuming it probably still needs a good 30 secs or more to reach it's fully heated operating temp.

I realize 1 minute doesn't sound like much time but when you are just sitting there the car has actually had time to idle down and then some and I figured I'm probably going above and beyond what anyone else has ever done with a delay timer for a WB sensor.

But I can make it 2 mins if you think that would be better.

The issue I have with a switch is I didn't want to have to always remember to turn it off every time I got out of the car, etc.

The timer resets the count down every time you start the car.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Thanks Ted!

I can change it to a longer duration. I thought with the sensor being much closer now in the collector and the fact that the sensor is just beginning to heat up after the 1 minute duration that it would be enough time assuming it probably still needs a good 30 secs or more to reach it's fully heated operating temp.

I realize 1 minute doesn't sound like much time but when you are just sitting there the car has actually had time to idle down and then some and I figured I'm probably going above and beyond what anyone else has ever done with a delay timer for a WB sensor.

But I can make it 2 mins if you think that would be better.

The issue I have with a switch is I didn't want to have to always remember to turn it off every time I got out of the car, etc.

The timer resets the count down every time you start the car.
Love the timer option you should sell them.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #17
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Sounds like a placement issue. Put the wideband sensor up by the factory narrow bands and I doubt you will ever have a issue.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #18
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Great info. Thanks guys!
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #19
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Yeah I’ve already gone through one sensor. I will go ahead and change my wiring to the aem obd controller to have a TON delay and call it a day

And I thought I was the only one over here with an issue. I feel like the placement is ok in the caperformance cat deletes

For those of you who want to do it too, you can use a device Similar to this

Mini Timer Time Delay Relay .1 Sec to 400 days. 3V 12V 18V 5A. Power on or Off Delay, Cycling and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PD65UGA..._XwezCb53TS5M9
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #20
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmix300 View Post
Yeah I’ve already gone through one sensor. I will go ahead and change my wiring to the aem obd controller to have a TON delay and call it a day

And I thought I was the only one over here with an issue. I feel like the placement is ok in the caperformance cat deletes

For those of you who want to do it too, you can use a device Similar to this

Mini Timer Time Delay Relay .1 Sec to 400 days. 3V 12V 18V 5A. Power on or Off Delay, Cycling and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PD65UGA..._XwezCb53TS5M9

That's exactly the one I'm using on mine. I am using the 10amp version and opted to use it to energize a 12v Relay to power my WB Sensor.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #21
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
On turbo cars with the sensor 2’ behind the turbo I have always gone through Bosch sensors. I would get between 6-12 months out of a sensor and they often failed when I needed them most like at the track. I switched to controllers that take the ntk sensor and have never had to replace a sensor.

Just for future reference if it ever comes to that. . Does the NTK WB sensor come with a compatible connector that would work with the typical AEM UEGO type controllers or does this require it's own proprietary controller?

Thanks!
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 02-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #22
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Just for future reference if it ever comes to that. . Does the NTK WB sensor come with a compatible connector that would work with the typical AEM UEGO type controllers or does this require it's own proprietary controller?

Thanks!
isn't this question more for aem?

i'm pretty sure they are stuck to 8 pin LS4.9 sensors.

hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote