Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #15
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
I went with Borla ATAK 11925 catback with 60609 mid pipes because I have an A8 so I had to get midpipes with AFM.

SUPER loud lol
Old 02-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Flowmaster American Thunder works perfectly with the stock NPP. It is definitely louder in SPORT/TRACK mode while TOUR mode sounds about like SPORT?TRACK with stock mufflers. I like the way NPP quiets it down during cruising eliminating the drone that it would have without NPP. Priced more reasonably than other systems too. I would highly recommend Flowmaster.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #17
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
They don't offer those black tips for the zl1. Outlet size is larger. Only options are stainless or carbon fiber tips. Still haven't seen them on any site to date besides borla factory direct site
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:07 PM   #18
ToneCapone

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
I went with Borla ATAK 91125 axleback with the black tips (91125CB). Took about 2 months to get as they were out of stock, awaiting build, and had to come directly from Borla's manufaturing in TN. Got them and installed them Friday in about 3 hours. So far I really like them. You get some nice crackling with decel that I missed from my Roush Mustang. They have a more noticeably pronounced deeper tone throughout the RPM range than the OEM "muffler". It's pretty comical putting the car in "Stealth" mode now as well !! Just as an FYI, the aftermarket NPP systems include their own valves and that is reflected in their steep pricing. You just remove the OEM actuators (3 bolts) and install them on the new system before you install them. I would suggest getting a chain-style pipe cutter if you're going to install them yourself. Was pretty difficult to cut the OEM exhaust strait-ish with my sawzall and a metal blade and also try not to scratch up the rear suspension. Might have been easier with a lift rather than my jack stands and ramps though.

What do you mean by it was a "joke" when referencing Stealth Mode? Like is that still louder than Sport/Track mode on factory exhaust? I am about to purchase an "ATAK" cat back tomorrow and I am just trying to get some sort of an idea.

2023 ZL1 M6 Black
ToneCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #19
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCapone View Post
What do you mean by it was a "joke" when referencing Stealth Mode? Like is that still louder than Sport/Track mode on factory exhaust? I am about to purchase an "ATAK" cat back tomorrow and I am just trying to get some sort of an idea.
I meant before the Borlas, there was a pretty significant difference between the Stealth and Track settings (from inside the car). That doesn't appear to be the same with the Borla ATAK's (no complaints though, I love them). It is quieter on startup in stealth (but still loud), but after idling for a while and warming up, I was having a hard time telling the difference between the two when switching back and fourth between them while in the car. So much so that I had my wife switch it back and fourth while I looked to make sure the valves were opening and closing. These are brand new so i'm sure that will probably change a little as the mufflers age and get broke in.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #20
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2742 View Post
Flowmaster American Thunder works perfectly with the stock NPP. It is definitely louder in SPORT/TRACK mode while TOUR mode sounds about like SPORT?TRACK with stock mufflers. I like the way NPP quiets it down during cruising eliminating the drone that it would have without NPP. Priced more reasonably than other systems too. I would highly recommend Flowmaster.
Do you happen to have a part #? No drone? Thank you.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #21
ToneCapone

Quote:
I meant before the Borlas, there was a pretty significant difference between the Stealth and Track settings (from inside the car). That doesn't appear to be the same with the Borla ATAK's (no complaints though, I love them). It is quieter on startup in stealth (but still loud), but after idling for a while and warming up, I was having a hard time telling the difference between the two when switching back and fourth between them while in the car. So much so that I had my wife switch it back and fourth while I looked to make sure the valves were opening and closing. These are brand new so i'm sure that will probably change a little as the mufflers age and get broke in.
Ahhhh the biggest concern I have is how is it driving? If I am on the road will I be able to take a call and hear the person I am talking to? When I listen to music will I be able to hear it clearly? Either way I am going to get it but I am anxious so I just want to know whatever I can.

2023 ZL1 M6 Black
Old 02-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #22
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCapone View Post
Ahhhh the biggest concern I have is how is it driving? If I am on the road will I be able to take a call and hear the person I am talking to? When I listen to music will I be able to hear it clearly? Either way I am going to get it but I am anxious so I just want to know whatever I can.
If you leave the car in track mode the valves still partially close at highway speeds when your cruising, unless you pulled the under hood fuse. The car quiets down if your not holding gears into higher RPM's. I have had no issues taking calls and listening to music. It's when you step on it, downshift, spiritedly row through the gears, or hold a gear and let off the gas at 3500ish RPM's that the sweet American muscle V8 music makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I'd say it's more of a constant deep tone rather than a ton more volume with the ATAK's, but I came from a stage 3 Roush Mustang which has NASCAR level exhaust. My wife made the comment that the car sounded more tight when we went to dinner yesterday evening, which is actually a pretty good description IMO.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
ToneCapone

Quote:
If you leave the car in track mode the valves still partially close at highway speeds when your cruising, unless you pulled the under hood fuse. The car quiets down if your not holding gears into higher RPM's. I have had no issues taking calls and listening to music. It's when you step on it, downshift, spiritedly row through the gears, or hold a gear and let off the gas at 3500ish RPM's that the sweet American muscle V8 music makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I'd say it's more of a constant deep tone rather than a ton more volume with the ATAK's, but I came from a stage 3 Roush Mustang which has NASCAR level exhaust. My wife made the comment that the car sounded more tight when we went to dinner yesterday evening, which is actually a pretty good description IMO.

Well kind sir you have me sold. Borla should have you as a spokesperson on selling their product. I’ll be ordering mine soon. Thank you for the very vivid description.

2023 ZL1 M6 Black
Old 02-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #24
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
60606, 11925. No drone. Can be driven sanely. Can be driven angrily, startling occupants of other vehicles with auditory manna from Heaven.