Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-02-2019, 03:58 AM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Going on my first vacation for 2019!! Punta Cana!!

So last year I went on 4 vacations. This year I aim to go on at least 6. I wanna go every other month. I was supposed to start i January and had my cruise all paid. But I also had just started a new job so I was not able to take time off during the probationary period. So I had to cancel that and lost $400 in the meantime for canceling, lol!! Oh well. So I noticed I have a stretch of days off if I could switch a few of my shifts. It all worked out so at the last minute I booked a trip to Punta Cana. This is my second time going to PC but this is a different resort than I went to last year. I'm looking forward to it. I leave in a week and will be there for 4 nights!! Has anyone else ever gone to PC??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Yes. We stayed at the Melia resort. We were there for 2 weeks. It was great the only “issue” we had was the language barrier. My Spanish is limited to a number followed by cerveza and donde es bano 😂 this was probably 15 years ago.

As I’ve gotten older I go where there are better flight departure and arrival times to maximize the actual vacation time.

To each their own but 4 days? Not much of a vacation. My first 2 week was in 1997 and have gone for 2 weeks ever since. Nothing like laying on a beach that first Wednesday with the feeling of knowing you have an entire 1.5 weeks left.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Yes. We stayed at the Melia resort. We were there for 2 weeks. It was great the only “issue” we had was the language barrier. My Spanish is limited to a number followed by cerveza and donde es bano 😂 this was probably 15 years ago.

As I’ve gotten older I go where there are better flight departure and arrival times to maximize the actual vacation time.

To each their own but 4 days? Not much of a vacation. My first 2 week was in 1997 and have gone for 2 weeks ever since. Nothing like laying on a beach that first Wednesday with the feeling of knowing you have an entire 1.5 weeks left.
Yea 4 days is not much. I'm not sure I can truthfully consider it a legit vacation. More like...a getaway, lol!! But I'll take it. I usually go for 7 days and 6 nights. But I can't take a full vacation until the middle of March because of the new job. This just happened to work out in my favor at the very last minute and so I rearranged some things and decided to go. And it is much needed since my last vacation was back in November.

My Spanish is very limited. I know enough phrases to get around the resort and order beers and get food, lol! Outside of that I got nothing. Everything I learned is from Google translate, lol!! It'll be fun tho and I'm looking forward to getting out of this torturous NorthEast weather!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Haha first vacation of 2019
i havent had one of them in years
Old 03-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Have a safe trip! Heading to Gatlinburg, TN for 5 days in April up in the mountains!!!! Can't wait!!!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:31 AM   #6
mendelfincher

Drives: Camaro GM LLT V6
I've never heard about PC, but now I'm interested in it. Well, I have no money for vacation, so it's time to enjoy photos and videos, lol.
mendelfincher is offline   Reply With Quote