Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #85
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Such irony..."FinallySatisfied" ??....Perhaps should be "NeverSatisfied"...lol

j/k!!
If you only knew, lol.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #86
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I'm still not sure I've got it straight . . .

It's not OK to visually imitate a ZL1, although it is OK to "borrow" a few of the parts for their performance.

It's OK to make the parts harder to interchange, but not OK to require proof over the counter that the parts are intended for an existing ZL1. Even though precedent exists elsewhere for the specific purpose of avoiding "dilution of the name" or some such.

I have bought a number of cars with the specific intent to modify them already in place even before stepping into a dealership. Many times the parts that will accomplish what I'm after will be aftermartket, but other times they will be OE.

If I was shopping for a Camaro today and the 1LE did not exist, one of the first things that I'd try to get done on a built to order car would be some combination of ZL1-spec wheels and the ZL1's front tire size. Been down a very similar road before, most recently with my avatar car.

I guess forced induction doesn't mean enough to me even though one of our cars has it. The downstream thought from there is to question why use of the best available factory performance parts other than that engine (and the magnetic ride) on "lower models" should be frowned upon.

Sure, anybody doing this ought to be driving to use these parts harder than simply as costume jewelry to be worn for car show purposes. That might be considered posing . . .

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-28-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #87
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
What we need here is a group hug. Everybody come together now.

Now, doesn't everybody feel better? Be nice.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #88
solo3445

Drives: My SS2................
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #89
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I love how you can add change what ever parts you want cross models and trims but the badges are taboo. As tho a zl1 badged SS complete with fascia, hood, rockers, defusser, wheels, brakes, gears, shifter... would be some sort of sin because of the badge. I feel sorry for the emblem sponsors.

tramtwo posted this on the go
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #90
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I don't understand all the negativity being directed toward the OP because a big part of the reason for buying a really expensive, exotic car like the ZL1 is to show the world how special you are. And if regular people can alter their plebian vehicles to mimic the appearance of your exotic, well then that defeats a large purpose of owning the exotic, doesn't it?

I feel your pain, OP.

Personally, I do not even wear my Rolex anymore because of the rampant proliferation of knock-offs that any poor person could afford. The final straw came when someone complimented my watch, but then asked if it was real. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Then, just the other night, while the wife and I were waiting for our usual table at Smith & Wollensky's, a woman, clearly a commoner (upper middle class at best), came in and stood next to us carrying what was obviously a counterfiet Prada bag. Needless to say the wife, carrying a real one, was embarassed beyond words and could only be placated with a buying spree at Tiffany's.

So yes, when regular people try to pretend they are us it is upsetting. Most people on this forum won't get that, but I've got your back.
LMAO! Awesome post. I can't believe some people though you were serious.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #91

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I don't understand all the negativity being directed toward the OP because a big part of the reason for buying a really expensive, exotic car like the ZL1 is to show the world how special you are. And if regular people can alter their plebian vehicles to mimic the appearance of your exotic, well then that defeats a large purpose of owning the exotic, doesn't it?

I feel your pain, OP.

Personally, I do not even wear my Rolex anymore because of the rampant proliferation of knock-offs that any poor person could afford. The final straw came when someone complimented my watch, but then asked if it was real. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Then, just the other night, while the wife and I were waiting for our usual table at Smith & Wollensky's, a woman, clearly a commoner (upper middle class at best), came in and stood next to us carrying what was obviously a counterfiet Prada bag. Needless to say the wife, carrying a real one, was embarassed beyond words and could only be placated with a buying spree at Tiffany's.

So yes, when regular people try to pretend they are us it is upsetting. Most people on this forum won't get that, but I've got your back.
Good humor and I see your point....Only difference, and to the op's defense, is those counterfiet Rolex watches and designer bags are illegal to manufacture and own, subject to criminal prosecution...I would be upset also if I paid full boat for the real thing and someone else was trying to pass off theirs as the real thing...lol...
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #92
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
What we need here is a group hug. Everybody come together now.

Now, doesn't everybody feel better? Be nice.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #93
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
YUUSLOW, bro? Intelligence at its finest. $50k for the 1LE, right? lol. You lost all creditability with that erroneous comment.
Intelligence at its finest would be creating a thread crying about peoples tastes in mods which gets laughed at and called dumb by dozens of people then getting mad, and finally wanting a hug.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #94
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Good humor and I see your point....Only difference, and to the op's defense, is those counterfeit Rolex watches and designer bags are illegal to manufacture and own, subject to criminal prosecution...I would be upset also if I paid full boat for the real thing and someone else was trying to pass off theirs as the real thing...lol...
A ZL1 is a Camaro with a few cosmetic changes and performance upgrades....by slapping on a ZL1 hood or a badge, they aren't trying to imitate a different car.....If you started putting the body of a Ferrari on a Carolla frame, then you would have something similar to a fake Rolex.

Where are you living that there is such a high proliferation of people ZL1 badging their Camaro's that yours is common place now?

And why in the world are so many people upset about it? The ZL1 is mass produced, meaning you aren't even remotely unique......you payed a crap load of extra money for those magnetic shocks, but not unique in the least....
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #95
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
I have the zl1 bumper. black 10 spoke wheels. and ACS TL1 Replica hood insert, that sits on the hood instead of being flush with it. I LOVE the zl1's appearance and of course the power. I have a 2lt and i did not really care for any other aftermarket bumper or hood or wheels except the zl1's hood,wheels,bumper. So instead of wasting money on things i sorta liked i decided to get the things i LOVED. My plan and i think 95% of people that do these conversions is not to tell people on the streets " Yea its a zl1, got 580 horsepower" or think to themselves that they have something equivalent to the actual zl1.
It's what i like, i'm not trying the falsely advertise my car. Theres a fine line between the people who do it because they LOVE the look and the people that do it because they want it to look like they paid for a $50/60k car.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #96

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
A ZL1 is a Camaro with a few cosmetic changes and performance upgrades....by slapping on a ZL1 hood or a badge, they aren't trying to imitate a different car.....If you started putting the body of a Ferrari on a Carolla frame, then you would have something similar to a fake Rolex.

Where are you living that there is such a high proliferation of people ZL1 badging their Camaro's that yours is common place now?

And why in the world are so many people upset about it? The ZL1 is mass produced, meaning you aren't even remotely unique......you payed a crap load of extra money for those magnetic shocks, but not unique in the least....
Easy, Tiger...first, I don't own a ZL1...lol...second, I'm not in the least upset about what people put on their cars....third, why do you defend those who use ZL1 parts, then slam the actual ZL1 car?...

Until I see a thread that says "I Bought a Used ZL1..!!!...Turns Out it was a Fake!!!...WTF???"...then I'll believe those who get all upset about putting on different parts have an argument....But I don't think that will ever happen...
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #97
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
Plus they seem to get a lot smaller when you go 'up' in trim levels.

Sorry, I could not resist.
...this guy.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #98
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
Intelligence at its finest would be creating a thread crying about peoples tastes in mods which gets laughed at and called dumb by dozens of people then getting mad, and finally wanting a hug.
Do you think I care what others think? No. Am I crying? No, lol. Now I'm asking for a hug? If you used the part of your brain that uses common sense you'll see where I've already said many times that I love the forum as its used as a platform to express opinions, statements, etc. If it wasn't for the forum and many of its intelligent, dedicated, hard working, trustworthy members that I've met personally or done business with i wouldn't even own a Camaro. Yours is the only opinion where I consider worthless. Your the same person that changed there name from the obvious of being slow, then said a 1LE was $50k and you couldn't get one for $35. How much have you contributed to the board besides useless, incorrect knowledge? Stick to what you know. I've let you take a considerable amount of my time which is/was a mistake I made. If you have any other things you wished to speak about, I'm in VA. I'll be at this years Fest as well. By all means introduce yourself.

As far as this topic goes stay on topic if not then take it to the off-topic forum. Rather not have my thread closed due to 1 member being ignorant. Enjoy the rest of your night, YUUSLOW.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-28-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Closed Thread