Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
The topic was addressed to the public, it's not like you sent a letter or email and we intercepted it..

Your request is stupid and will never happen. I for one am ok with interchangeable parts I just don't like people badging the car something it is not.

I also didn't mean that you go away from here.. I'm all for us all being here enjoying these cars and us having different views, even if we don't see eye to eye sometimes..

I'm fully aware that not everyone would agree with my statement. If my statement is stupid in your eyes so be it. I could care less really what you think to be completely honest, lol. It wasn't addressed to you even to begin with but this is a forum and others are obviously allowed to put their input in which is there right. That's what I love about this forum, hence why after my first Camaro was sold I had to buy another and another and another and another and another...

Im allll for interchangeable parts as well. The ZL1, 1LE, Dusk, Hot Wheels edition share those parts which is fine since they came from factory that way. Did a LS come with a ZL1 front end? No. Why do you think GM hasnt officially released a conversion kit? You already know the answer. And the point I am making is for GM to make it harder for the major exterior modifications harder to replicate on whatever model they decide to call "the big one". I'm not referring to the 1LE/ZL1 rims in any of this just strictly exterior body modifications.

The only thing me and you have in common is that we enjoy cars even if we don't agree with everything. But that's where the line is drawn.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Do I care if nobody agreed with me? No. Was I searching to win a popularity contest? No. I'm not a follower, never have, never will be. The topic wasn't addressed to you. I don't come home to you every night last time I checked, in other words I could care less about your emotional state of being. I had an opinion, so I said it.

Sounds like you need to do the moving on because I'm not going anywhere.

Then why did you even make the post?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #45
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Then why did you even make the post?
Who else reads the thread besides you, think bigger picture here. My opinion may not be a factor in anything but atleast my voice was heard.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
GM, just me personally but id take some consideration into making the ZL1, Z/28 models (or whatever high end model you deicde to go with) harder for others to make there LS/LT/SS into them. It may be impossible but owning several models I've never been the type to slap other models parts on it to make it a clone(unless it was produced that way from factory, i.e 1LE). It may be harder to manufacture but making it extremely difficult would deter others to clone.

Some may disagree but owning a ZL1 I've seen alot of cloning/copying going on as of lately, from the 1LE/ZL1 rims, to ZL1 conversion kits. It makes owning an actual ZL1 alittle less pleasing. I understand rims being easy to buy but making exterior changes to the body dramatically will make people think twice about doing major modifications. Simple bolt-on parts are what is making people do it, take that way, and that'll cure that issue. I understand you'll stay have the die hard cloners but giving them some speed bumps could be easy. Just like its hard for others to install the mylink Nav into older models the same could be done for other areas.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks.
That's an interesting thought...I tend to feel the opposite: people admire and want to look like the ZL1/1LE...that's the best compliment you can get!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #47
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Say bruh, I've been reading this thread the past two days figuring whether I agree or disagree with you. It's great you have the passion for the car. to that. There will always be people who see things differently. And the internet gives chance for them to say things they wouldn't ordinarily say out loud. I think GM made the most important thing about the ZL-1 unreplicateable. The Magnetic Ride Control. No matter what you do to any V6 or SS, you can't replicate that. Sure, an aftermarket blower on an SS can give it more power...sure, the front ends can be swapped. But, for what it's worth, the VIN and MRC sets the Z apart. I doubt if GM takes any design advice from the forum. If so, the Z-28 would be in production. But, this is a public place...LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #48
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Sounds like you bought the wrong ZL1. Should have bought an SLP.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #49
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
The only reason I can think that people would be concerned about what other people do to their cars to the point that they hope a car company will take a hit in their income to satisfy something like this are people who get their entire self worth off what other people think of them.....Look at me...I have a ZL1...look look, Im worth so much more than these other people who don't have a ZL1......

If your buy a ZL1 not for its performance value, but simply to show off to others, your seriously missing the whole point.....
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #50
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:
GM, just me personally but id take some consideration into making the ZL1, Z/28 models (or whatever high end model you deicde to go with) harder for others to make there LS/LT/SS into them. It may be impossible but owning several models I've never been the type to slap other models parts on it to make it a clone(unless it was produced that way from factory, i.e 1LE). It may be harder to manufacture but making it extremely difficult would deter others to clone.

Some may disagree but owning a ZL1 I've seen alot of cloning/copying going on as of lately, from the 1LE/ZL1 rims, to ZL1 conversion kits. It makes owning an actual ZL1 alittle less pleasing. I understand rims being easy to buy but making exterior changes to the body dramatically will make people think twice about doing major modifications. Simple bolt-on parts are what is making people do it, take that way, and that'll cure that issue. I understand you'll stay have the die hard cloners but giving them some speed bumps could be easy. Just like its hard for others to install the mylink Nav into older models the same could be done for other areas.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks.
It looks like GM got a few good ideas from other vendors when it came to the ZL1. The Havoc rockers were already out before it and some aftermarket spoilers.IMO
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's an interesting thought...I tend to feel the opposite: people admire and want to look like the ZL1/1LE...that's the best compliment you can get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Say bruh, I've been reading this thread the past two days figuring whether I agree or disagree with you. It's great you have the passion for the car. to that. There will always be people who see things differently. And the internet gives chance for them to say things they wouldn't ordinarily say out loud. I think GM made the most important thing about the ZL-1 unreplicateable. The Magnetic Ride Control. No matter what you do to any V6 or SS, you can't replicate that. Sure, an aftermarket blower on an SS can give it more power...sure, the front ends can be swapped. But, for what it's worth, the VIN and MRC sets the Z apart. I doubt if GM takes any design advice from the forum. If so, the Z-28 would be in production. But, this is a public place...LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
I don't know if your post count() has anything to do with your reply to this thread but, I both of you and your comments. Nothing immature or disrespectful about it, thanks! Especially to you GySgt!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #52

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Holy small potatos, Batman!...lol...I really hope all ZL1 owners aren't "bothered" by a few parts similar to theirs being added by others to their car...Wth?...Am hoping they are above this sort of petty bs...lol...

And besides, it takes more than a few appearance parts for a car to be a "clone"...
Cloned cars (compared to "tribute" types ) are imo complete copies of all features built by an individual as the factory would have...not just a front end, or a few badges...

I enjoy having a few non-stock items on mine...not trying to clone or decieve anyone...it's just part of the fun...
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #53
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Amen to that. My understanding is the OP's belief stem's from a purists perspective as to where a car's value stem's from the original equipment that is on the vehicle when it leaves the factory. His wish is only for GM to create a car so special and unique that it makes it very difficult and monetarily challenging for it to be replicated. Granted that is a tall order and would seem, like someone mentioned earlier, that would also put it in a price range that would make it exclusive also.

I think the Corvette could be used as an example as it doesn't have different body components as you change from the base to the ZR1 except for GFX, wheels and spoilers. The Camaro has 3 different front bumpers available from the factory and 3 different hoods. I think this is what his wish is for GM to produce a body style that doesn't need to have interchangeable body components in order to identify what car/trim level we are driving.
I know when I see a Corvette, I'm trying to distinguish what gen 1st and then look for the badges and added styling cues (from the factory) to see what trim level it is from there. I would think MOST people would want it this way, but there are plenty of others that want to add their own uniqueness to the car, hence the reason for aftermarket companies to satisfy these individuals.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #54
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Amen to that. My understanding is the OP's belief stem's from a purists perspective as to where a car's value stem's from the original equipment that is on the vehicle when it leaves the factory. His wish is only for GM to create a car so special and unique that it makes it very difficult and monetarily challenging for it to be replicated. Granted that is a tall order and would seem, like someone mentioned earlier, that would also put it in a price range that would make it exclusive also.

I think the Corvette could be used as an example as it doesn't have different body components as you change from the base to the ZR1 except for GFX, wheels and spoilers. The Camaro has 3 different front bumpers available from the factory and 3 different hoods. I think this is what his wish is for GM to produce a body style that doesn't need to have interchangeable body components in order to identify what car/trim level we are driving.
I know when I see a Corvette, I'm trying to distinguish what gen 1st and then look for the badges and added styling cues (from the factory) to see what trim level it is from there. I would think MOST people would want it this way, but there are plenty of others that want to add their own uniqueness to the car, hence the reason for aftermarket companies to satisfy these individuals.
Well said.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Well said.
you're a fast reader and Thank you.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #56
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
you're a fast reader and Thank you.
When its well written, its a breeze to read through! lol.

Closed Thread