Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #2871
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I gotcha man. 2020 at dealers is the word. It will NOT be out in 2019.
It will be a 2020 model for sure, but I'd bet at least a few will hit the streets late 2019.

To call the GT350's not special is pretty close minded. I'd be concerned about reliability but that wouldn't stop me from owning one.

The ZL1 makes a way better street car though, I don't think there's any debate about that.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #2872
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Don't hold your breath. The wait might be longer than most people are expecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Not suggesting it’s about to hit streets, just that some of the aero pieces are trickling out.
Quote:
I gotcha man. 2020 at dealers is the word. It will NOT be out in 2019.
Ford has already stated that the car will be introduced on Jan. 14th at their NAIAS Press Conference (I expect to be there) and that vehicles will be available in the fall of 2019 as 2020 MY cars.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #2873
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Btw. Just got home from the dealership with my GT350. I'll post pics up tomorrow.

Driving impressions. Okay. I drove it 25 miles, so not alot of seat time and this is my first ever manual so keep that in mind.

It's hard for me to give a review cus my Zl1 is 1200 hp so. haha. It's almost impossible to be fair here, but stock for stock. It's a murder fest. The Zl1 wipes the floor. Let's be honest. From a dig, omg, yea, it won't be close.

Having said that. I went for value as I said b4. I got it for $51k w/800 miles on it. It's the color combo I wanted and I can put $15k in it and have solid 700 hp 2nd car for the streets. I won't be winning any street races, but I'm going for a solid build and will end up doing some CF work and suspension/wheel upgrades. I've already ordered my JLT intake and Kooks headers and Diode lighting. Every light will be changed out with Diodes to clean the look up.

Car felt fine on the streets. Good ride quality. I think the 350 has mag ride, but I haven't gone through the settings, but I didn't see any suspension settings to my knowledge. I'll play with it tomorrow. (nm, settings are on the steering wheel) haha.

Overall, for the price, it will be a nice car to build on. I'm happy with it but it def doesn't give me that oh shit feeling I got when I bought the Zl1. New for New, I'm doing the Zl1 over again. But used, the value was there to pull the trigger on the Shelby. Plus, i always wanted one even tho i knew they were down on power. They just look fkn sexy.
Congratulations on your new(used) car! I love to see folks take these fun cars and use them rather than bubble-wrap them, and the GT350 will be a fun daily driver. I am guessing it's not an "R"?

There is a guy at my work that daily's his GT350 (non-R) during the nice weather months. LOVE to see that, BUT, often I see fast food trash all over his passenger seat and floor. Not sure how I feel about that (ha ha) though... He might be taking the daily driving thing a bit too far...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #2874
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Ford has already stated that the car will be introduced on Jan. 14th at their NAIAS Press Conference (I expect to be there) and that vehicles will be available in the fall of 2019 as 2020 MY cars.

Well, either way. We shall see. I have 2 guys at Ford, one is a friend of mine who actually owns the dealership, so I tend to believe him. He says there won't be any on lots in 2019. As of now. Of course Ford could push that up, but from what he told me when I bought the 350, he said, I'm going to have to wait till 2020 to buy one. I inquired about the 500 because I said I'd trade the 350 in. I also asked about ADM and even tho he's my boy and owns the dealership, he plead the 5th but hinted there will be at least a $20k ADM when they come out. I asked is his dealership planned on doing it and he said................most likely and kind of just went in circles, so I'm assuming the answer will be yes. The buyer dictactes the price. So, I told him I'd wait it out. haha.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #2875
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
While I do believe the 500 will be available for purchase in late 2019 as a 2020 MY vehicle, I would not be surprised if that date gets pushed back to being available in 2020 as a 2020 MY vehicle. One thing I've learned from Ford this past year and a half is that nothing from them is ever etched in granite even when it is an official announcement.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #2876
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Btw. Just got home from the dealership with my GT350. I'll post pics up tomorrow.

Driving impressions. Okay. I drove it 25 miles, so not alot of seat time and this is my first ever manual so keep that in mind.

It's hard for me to give a review cus my Zl1 is 1200 hp so. haha. It's almost impossible to be fair here, but stock for stock. It's a murder fest. The Zl1 wipes the floor. Let's be honest. From a dig, omg, yea, it won't be close.

Having said that. I went for value as I said b4. I got it for $51k w/800 miles on it. It's the color combo I wanted and I can put $15k in it and have solid 700 hp 2nd car for the streets. I won't be winning any street races, but I'm going for a solid build and will end up doing some CF work and suspension/wheel upgrades. I've already ordered my JLT intake and Kooks headers and Diode lighting. Every light will be changed out with Diodes to clean the look up.

Car felt fine on the streets. Good ride quality. I think the 350 has mag ride, but I haven't gone through the settings, but I didn't see any suspension settings to my knowledge. I'll play with it tomorrow. (nm, settings are on the steering wheel) haha.

Overall, for the price, it will be a nice car to build on. I'm happy with it but it def doesn't give me that oh shit feeling I got when I bought the Zl1. New for New, I'm doing the Zl1 over again. But used, the value was there to pull the trigger on the Shelby. Plus, i always wanted one even tho i knew they were down on power. They just look fkn sexy.
Congrats on the purchase. Keep us informed on how you like the car as time goes by.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #2877
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Your asking the wrong person, I could go out and buy a new GT or 1LE for slightly more than the value of my Boss, while faster neither one can come close too the pure driving enjoyment and engagement I presently have. So yes I will sacrifice the 1% driving or tick of a stopwatch to thoroughly enjoy the other 99%.
The 1LE doesn't come close to the pure driving enjoyment of a boss? That's funny.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #2878
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1295/SS View Post
The 1LE doesn't come close to the pure driving enjoyment of a boss? That's funny.
That what I thought. Put the mentioned GT non PP2, Boss and 1LE on a scale gives...

GT-------Boss-------------------------------------1LE

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #2879
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
That what I thought. Put the mentioned GT non PP2, Boss and 1LE on a scale gives...

GT-------Boss-------------------------------------1LE
LOL, I think what he is saying is that he enjoys his car. So to him it isn't about overall performance so much as it is about personal enjoyment.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #2880
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, I think what he is saying is that he enjoys his car. So to him it isn't about overall performance so much as it is about personal enjoyment.
I get the enjoyment aspect. I traded a faster SS A8 for a M6 and enjoy it so much more. I don't however see how a Boss is more enjoyable or engaging than a 1LE . The SS 1LE is the best of the Alpha Camaros in my opinion (naturally aspirated).

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #2881
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I get the enjoyment aspect. I traded a faster SS A8 for a M6 and enjoy it so much more. I don't however see how a Boss is more enjoyable or engaging than a 1LE . The SS 1LE is the best of the Alpha Camaros in my opinion (naturally aspirated).
There are people that enjoy driving Miata's more than cars that are much faster so I can see it.

my 07 Mustang was better than my 04 in every way possible, but I enjoyed my 04 much more.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:25 AM   #2882
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Blindfold me in a series of vehickes

Im sure illhave a favorite that is not thw one on my driveway.

Dick measurinf contests only get so far.
Eventually an adult will admit everything in life is some sort of compromise.

I’m not suggesting we all sing humbaôyà.... but there is a definition for denying reality... **** if i know what ghats called
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #2883
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Why wouldn't it. It is just as fast as 1LE and manual GT reviewed at 4.0 to 60 and 12:30 1/4 mile. It sounds better much better even at low rpms with side dumps, revs to 7500, mine 8000 rpms, and while it won't handle as well as a 1LE it is still very good. And IMO looks better. So yes IMO after driving both the new GT although it was an auto, and a 1LE I prefer my Boss.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #2884
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Let's not kid ourselves. End of the day, the fastest car is the winner. Unless you're at a car show. The emphasis is on performance. Otherwise Ford would not have completely rebuilt the GT. Provided all things are equal or close, to me, the car I'll enjoy driving more will be the faster one. Can I enjoy a slower car? Sure. But the main reason why we buy these cars are for speed.