Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
TBAtilidk

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS 6M HBM
Backfilling Parts, How Long?

Currently a Chevrolet dealer has had my 16 SS for about 45 days now and it doesn't look like it will be coming back anytime soon. My service rep stated he does not know when parts will come in. I must add I've been nothing but patient but I am starting to see/hear others getting their vehicles back that were in the service pipeline.

My question is how long is reasonable to wait until I take my car to another dealer? (Car was burglarized and left with a damaged sunroof frame which is the part they are waiting to arrive)

Thanks
TBAtilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
mitdr774

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
My 2020 is on day 25 at the dealer waiting for a rear caliper. The strike really put a stop to the supply of parts to dealers. Going to another dealer probably wont help unless they already have the part.
mitdr774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
If I am you

1. call around to other dealership service departments, ask if they have said part in stock. If not, how long would it take to obtain said item.

2. If, by some miracle, someone has the part in hand, call your dealership and see if they are willing to send a runner to pick it up, otherwise explain to them that time's a wastin' and you will take your car to that dealership for a fix.

3. No one has the part BUT one or more dealerships give you a firm ETA on part arrival. Call your dealership and inform them of your findings, ask them if they can confirm a similar time frame. If they can, then (assuming you desire to remain on peachy keen terms with the present service department) urge them upward and onward and take them a bag of BoJangles biscuits the following morning.

4. No one has the part and no one has any idea when they can get it. You are still up the famous creek, sans paddle. Treat yourself to a bag of BoJangles biscuits.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
BZSS

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
I’ve been waiting for a replacement dash piece for ~45 days now myself. Luckily I still have my car as I’m doing the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLD - 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary - H50, M6, NPP, MRC
BZSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:33 PM   #5
TBAtilidk

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS 6M HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
If I am you

1. call around to other dealership service departments, ask if they have said part in stock. If not, how long would it take to obtain said item.

2. If, by some miracle, someone has the part in hand, call your dealership and see if they are willing to send a runner to pick it up, otherwise explain to them that time's a wastin' and you will take your car to that dealership for a fix.

3. No one has the part BUT one or more dealerships give you a firm ETA on part arrival. Call your dealership and inform them of your findings, ask them if they can confirm a similar time frame. If they can, then (assuming you desire to remain on peachy keen terms with the present service department) urge them upward and onward and take them a bag of BoJangles biscuits the following morning.

4. No one has the part and no one has any idea when they can get it. You are still up the famous creek, sans paddle. Treat yourself to a bag of BoJangles biscuits.
All good ideas, regardless I'll give it a few more days. Almost forgot I even owned the car it's been that long.
TBAtilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Just got a call that the new catalytic converter I have been waiting on has arrived at the dealership.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote