Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
There's a user here that got 3.9 0-60 stock with an M6. He took a picture too..

From getting that good 0-60, wouldn't you agree that he could have possibly ran at least a 12 flat on the quarter?

Once I hit the 500 mark, then I'll push her over 4k rpm.
I do think is is possible, but we may never see it. There was one guy over on Camaro5 that could reliably get sub 1.9 second 60's with his stock M6 LS3. However someone who is that good rarely will leave thier car stock. The manual Gen 5 Camaro was definitely harder to launch than a CA6. I am already impatient and not that good although I did get a couple of 2.0nn 60s. But I am not consistent.

Last edited by Fraxum; 06-20-2016 at 06:50 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #58
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
I'm wondering how big the difference will be in the ZL1 from the 10 speed to the manual 6. The difference in the SS doesn't bother me that much... at least not enough to give up my stick.
On the 5th gen ZL1 it was a big difference. I think what happens with the manual is that the owner gives drag racing a try and it's a disaster so they do not stick with it. You sort of have to be a glutton for punishment and put up with all the different advice you get at the track. As I was eventually schooled, it's all about seat time. The payoff when you nail all the parts of a run is that it feels so good.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:16 AM   #59
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
12.4 not to shabby. I checked the DA last night. 441 at 7pm.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #60
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
12.4 not to shabby. I checked the DA last night. 441 at 7pm.
Thanks. Your slow S550 light bolton 11.7 in that not so good air was not too shabby either!

It was a long night at Atco. I was there before 6 PM and left around 11 PM and only got in 4 runs. But I got one more run than most as I joined the Atco Street Car Wars. So you get two timed runs where they announce your name. And a sticker! Those 2 runs were my slowest of the night. LOL On those runs I raced an LS2 C5 vert auto with Drs and lost twice to a really nice guy who is a Vet and has been through hell.

My SS was the second slowest car in the wars along with an L99 Camaro. However Chevy was well represented by a C5 Z06 running in the 9s I think. Pat ran too but he was having another bad night of big spinning going into second. This is spooking him with his car. I think as he has been advised to get his tune tweaked or get slicks and a camber adjustment.

As for me my second run of the night was the sweetest. I ran this bumblebee yellow 2016 GT auto. My best run so far below. While my car is a little faster we had a great run as I was focused on my launch and not the light. As you can see by his RT he can drive.

It was fun for the fans as we were fender to fender at the finish. It could have gone either way but I just squeezed by him. I am starting to get consistent 2.0nn 60s. My goal is to be in the 1.9s every time with stock tires. And then once I get there (and if) I will slap on my MT DRs, still on Pat's rims at my house.

I also raced a bright orange 392 Challenger auto with DRs. I got out ahead of him but then missed 2nd. :( Intestingly though our spacing stayed dead even the rest of the way down the track. Racing 392s will be fun!

Old 05-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #61
Fraxum

Went back to Atco Tuesday night. Pat was hooking again even though he still did not soften his tune. He likes to live on the edge but he is complaining about it. He just cannot make himself slow his car down for his own safety. Let's face it, speed is a drug.

The air was not so good, but I did manage a 12.570@113.86. But I am getting more consistant All of my runs now are 12.5-12.7 with the occasional 12.8.

Tuesday night I ended up running this young girl, just out of high school I think in her Mustang. She drag races all the time and is quite good. On our first run I ran 12.622 to her 12.667, real close right? But no I lost big time. She cut a .103 light to my .375. When I saw her back in the staging lanes I said I was sleeping at the light. She said she was sleeping too. She is used to cutting at least .0nn lights. We ran again and she redlighted a little -.029 to my +.023. But this run was slower for me and she would have beat me if we left even. Later we ran again and this time I redlighted, but a little too much -.134 to her +.079 and it was not close. I felt a little bad about that but she didn't care. She is out to beat the real racers, not the T&T hacks. Good for her.

Her car is a built by her dad 3 valve auto GT with a convertor, DRs and over 150,000 miles. Cool. I was talking to her dad. She wants to be a teacher and he was hoping she might give engineering a try. Being a teacher can be more fulfilling but engineering means more dough. One of the quandries of life.

He got her started in drag racing and now she is hooked. I think she did well in a high school level series last year. But what scares him now is she is dreaming of top fuelers. One team already mentioned that maybe someday she could. As a dad of 3 adventurous girls I can relate. Once again speed is a drug.

Snowblind was there on tuesday so CA6 SSes were well represented. He was on street tires and the air was not so good. He left disapponted.

Summer has arrived in spring, so it's off to drag racing on a hot Friday night. One of my wayward daughters is coming home tonight so I do not plan to stay late. Any oil cleanup after 8:45 PM will send me home:
Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #62
Fraxum

Went to Atco a few times since the last post. One notable event is I beat a Hellcat M6. So now my lowly stock SS has had the better of a supercharged GT and a Hellcat. Okay so the Hellcat driver was napping at the light. A win is a win. LOL

Pat and I both joined a class at Atco called Street Car Wars. Each friday night we get two priority runs back to back to go heads up for our best times. Then in the fall Atco will invite the 50 fastest cars for a run off. The car has to be registered, insured, and wear DOT street tires.

It is fun. You get a little camaraderie with the other racers and a cool sticker! Since it is heads up I have no chance, but I am pretty sure I will be in the top 50 cars.

Pat however is currently third and has won the last two friday nights over all. Go Pat! Last Friday there was a slightly faster built 2009 Z06 Corvette. Pat kept saying "I have no chance, so let me line up with you." to the Z06 guy. They know each other. But the Z06 guy said "No way, you're gonna mess around on the line and deep stage. You make me nervous." Funny. It worked though and the guy messed up both runs with his fastest being 10.8 to Pat's best of 10.7. Pat was so excited.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #63
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
That's awesome. I look forward to more posts from you. Keep up the rivalry.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #64
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Very nice! It's been years since I been to the drag strips so I'll live vicariously through you.

One thing tho, I never beat myself up over ET's because 97% is how good you can hook and drive. Sure it's a good indication of power given a professional driver. But the reaction time, 60 ft is EVERYTHING. Even in a neg DA. So it's more about the driver than the car lol

But as a car guy, I'm sure it's fun as hell just being there.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #65
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Jelena taped our race from last night. DA was 1300. We're gonna be quick in the fall.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #66
Fraxum

Quote:
Jelena taped our race from last night. DA was 1300. We're gonna be quick in the fall.
Thanks for the video! It was a long night though only getting 2 runs. I might start skipping Tuesdays.

You beat me good with my 12.514@114.45 to your 11.962@114.97. My second race was against an LS7 Z06. With him I redlighted a bit to make it more fun but he ran me down and the Batmobile 3 was 0-2 last night. And so on.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #67
Fraxum

Last Friday rain was predicted so I would have to find something else to do Friday night. But then the skys lifted and it was on. There was a fair bit of humidity but the early summer temps were not bad.

It was my best night so far. I think I am finally starting to learn how to drive the SS. Except for one 2.1 all of my 60's were 1.9-20. My times were 12.4-12.5, except a 12.6 with the lousy 60'.

I raced the teenage girl wonder once and she treed me good .020 to my sad .275. I was running her down a bit but her lead was too big. I ran 12.548@114.27 to her 12.516@109.81. You go girl.

I left after the Street War runs. And the last one was my best ever. See below. The best part is they announced my name and my times on the track speakers and radio. I left before I was mobbed for autographs.

Pat sadly could not pull off a 3peat Street Wars win. This time guy in the fast blue Z06 C6 Corvette, Timmy, was on his meds and even though Pat and I tried to rattle him he ran a cool 10.4 to Pats big spinning 10.8. He was on his game. Congrats!

One other note, since I decided at the last minute to go to Atco, my car was unwashed. I took a lot of ribbing for all the bugs on the front of my car. Maybe If I has washed it for better aerodynamics and drained my tank a bit from 3/4 full, I could have slipped into the 12.3s on that last run. Better luck next time.

Happy Father's Day.

Last edited by Fraxum; 06-20-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #68
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

So close to 12.3!!! That's a badass run for this time of year. You'll be damn close to 12.0 come this fall.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #69
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
1.9-2.0 60 ft is pretty good for an M6. If you can cut a 1.8 or 1.9 You'll be in the low 12's just like the auto guys.

I'm hoping you can soon!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #70
Fraxum

Quote:
So close to 12.3!!! That's a badass run for this time of year. You'll be damn close to 12.0 come this fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
1.9-2.0 60 ft is pretty good for an M6. If you can cut a 1.8 or 1.9 You'll be in the low 12's just like the auto guys.

I'm hoping you can soon!
Thanks guys. Not sure I can do much better on my 60'without modding the car. As I am learning to launch harder I am getting a bit of wheelhop. That's when things start breaking. I am told I can cure that with some trailing arms and subframe spacers. But then I am no longer stock.