Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 01-31-2018, 08:59 PM   #57
OleGreg

Drives: 16' 1SS
Fitment on fleek.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #58
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H(.)(.)ters View Post
25mm Eibach all around...updates. 3 of the 5 studs on one wheel broke. I have since removed all spacers. Enjoy!
So much for buying a quality spacer. Yikes.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:44 PM   #59
17garnetredss

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss garnet red tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleGreg View Post
Fitment on fleek.
Do you have magnetic ride or no? What springs did u go with looks great man!
17garnetredss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #60
OleGreg

Drives: 16' 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17garnetredss View Post
Do you have magnetic ride or no? What springs did u go with looks great man!
Non magnetic and phastek p1x springs. Car handles great with 285s squared
Old 02-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #61
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
25mm Eibach all around...updates. 3 of the 5 studs on one wheel broke. I have since removed all spacers. Enjoy!

Whoa! I had Eibach spacers on for awhile and had zero vibrations let alone the studs chopping off.

What did you torque them down too? Eibach's reccommendation is to torque to factory spec. Which means 140 ft-lbs spacer to the wheels and 140ft-lbs wheel to spacer.

However the Eibach nuts are small so I did 120 ft-lbs from spacer to the hub and 130 ft-lbs wheels to the spacer.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #62
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Whoa! I had Eibach spacers on for awhile and had zero vibrations let alone the studs chopping off.

What did you torque them down too? Eibach's reccommendation is to torque to factory spec. Which means 140 ft-lbs spacer to the wheels and 140ft-lbs wheel to spacer.

However the Eibach nuts are small so I did 120 ft-lbs from spacer to the hub and 130 ft-lbs wheels to the spacer.
The shop did exactly what was instructed by Eibach. Never doing spacers again. I was lucky my wheel didn’t pop off as I heard a weird creaking ticking noise and thought I ran over a nail.

I’m just going to pony up and get some MRR wheels with the proper offset and be done with it. Good luck to everyone and stay safe!
H(.)(.)ters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #63
SSmash

Drives: Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
Yikes

Quote:

That would scare the crap out of me! Definitely not going to look at those
SSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #64
Rowan212

Drives: 2016 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleGreg View Post
Fitment on fleek.
What size rim are you running? I’m looking at a set of mrr228’s that’s
20x9 et30
20x10 et35
And using 25mm spacers
Rowan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:24 PM   #65
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
So instead of going with the hub spacers with the studs... are there not extended studs for the 6th Gen? I have extended studs with 20mm eibach spacers in my Acura for years with zero issues.....
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #66
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Yes. You can get longer studs. Installing the front is easy...the rears, not so much

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #67
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post

Yeah I had eibach spacers for 3 years on my BMW M235i, never had any problems for 30,000 miles.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #68
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
I also had Eibach 1" spacers on all four on my Mustang for almost 2 years and I really abused the car. I never had a single problem. In fact I felt the car behaving even better, more planted. Now I fitted the hub centric Eibach 25mm spacers all around on the factory wheels. No vibration whatsoever at any speed. The car looks pretty aggressive, beefier. Will post pictures when I wash the car!
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:44 PM   #69
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
Would like to revive this post. :-)
I ran 25mm wheel adapters with my stock 18” wheels as a “hold-over” until I could get upgraded wheels. I loved the stance and personally prefer that look. When installing, I had to trim the tips off the factory studs. They still stuck out a bit but the inside of the stock wheels had these great ‘cutouts’ to accommodate this.

I just upgraded to OEM 20” silver ‘twist’ wheels...8.5" wide on all corners. I debated for years on what to get but got a great deal on these and love them. However, I was a bit upset that they did not have these cutouts on the back of the hub area. Instead, they have narrow vertical ‘slots’ that aren’t large enough for the slight protrusion of the factory studs. Had I known this, I probably would’ve gone with different wheels. Bad on me for assuming all the OEM wheels would have the same cutouts. So, I had to take off the spacers but already miss the ‘poked-out’ stance. I thought about going staggered but already have this set.

Question: would installing 5mm spacers be enough for a visual difference? I am also considering getting 1.25" (30mm) or 1.5-inch (38mm) adapters. I am assuming that mounting holes for the factory studs should be deep enough so that the trimmed factory studs will not stick out and rub on the inside of the new wheels. I am a bit nervous that 1.5” might be too large. Is anyone running over 1" adapters on gen 6?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by KKamaro; 05-16-2022 at 10:00 AM.
KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:08 AM   #70
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
Bumping this thread as I have a different Camaro from when I first posted this.

Is anyone running spacers over 1" spacers on their 6th gen? If so, I'd like to see pics.

I have 1.5" (38mm) Titans sitting on my bench waiting to be installed once Spring ever really gets here. I got the 1.5" so that I would not have to do any stud trimming (or very minimal). My experience with the twist wheels is not a lot of channeling in the back of the wheel to safely accommodate the original studs.

I would love to see pics of anyone running 1.25" or 1.5" to see the look. Wondering if the fronts will stick out too far. Maybe I will try and be the first to post pics.

KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote