Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #29
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
My concern is off idle blip. I like a sharp off idle blip like a cabled carb. Gives a good positive feel when driving a MANUal. Dodge Challengers have good off idle blip stock and for that they have my deepest respect.

Last edited by Mighty Mouce; 11-07-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #30
LimaTangoOne

Drives: '16 2SS M6 Convertible
Don't worry, Blue. Tarholes will just have tutors install this for them.

Last edited by LimaTangoOne; 11-07-2019 at 12:46 PM.
LimaTangoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #31
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaTangoOne View Post
Don't worry, Blue. Tarholes will just have tutors install this for them.
Of this, I have no doubts at all.

Life intervened today and I never even set foot outside to work on this, but I will be at it on Friday morning.

@CamaroVille, the Corvette board has a thread (or 4) about Mike's throttle controller, one guy mounted his head until inside the console - which may not be possible on ours.

(link to picture of controller in console)

Here's the thread on the 'Vette forum regarding the controller, which is a worthwhile read and gives you another perspective on performance results, installation, etc.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #32
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Does the TC effect mid range or top end response, as in decrease it? Or does it remain the same?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #33
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Does the TC effect mid range or top end response, as in decrease it? Or does it remain the same?
At zero driver demanded accelerator pedal position (APP) you always get ECM commanded throttle position (TP), that is idle TP, Rev Match TP, Cruise Control TP, or whichever the ECM determines appropriate.

At 100% driver demanded APP you'll get 100% TP, unless the ECM intervenes for safety reasons.

In between those two points the TC affects the response in all ranges, the envelope has ECO1 at the lower end with a very slow low range and a very fast high range. P3.9 limits the top envelop with a very high rate at low range and a very low rate on the top end. All other settings sit between these two with P2.5 being almost linear and Nor being stock.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #34
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Will this allow a sharp responsive throttle blip like a cable operated throttle?

Yes you can blip. Now it blips as it should with out that mushy response. Mine is a stick I put it on P.2.5 which about in the middle and gives you a nice response with little throttle input. Hitting second and third just cruising to light to light gives you a nice jerk like the original muscle cars. If you don't want the jerk while driving your grandma then just be lighter on the throttle. It does feel like a cable to carb setup now. I have a green drop in K$N filter, the Soler TB and TC. I now don't plan on any more performance mods because my car is now setup just like I want it. I will be testing the setup for the next week or so but so far I'm happy with it.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #35
Henkle

Drives: 2017 50th SS Coupe M6
Thanks Blue, for the great write up!

I just wanted to add a couple of things:

1) an easier way to pull the factory connector (from the pedal assembly)
2) location to put the controller for a clean look

1) Somehow I couldn't wiggle the connector loose from the pedal assembly, after pulling red tab away. If you take a pointy device and gently lift the black tab up (as pictured), connector will come loose immediately!

(This picture shows the connector after it's disengaged, to better show the black tab)

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/...109_172457.jpg

2) Blue mentioned about hiding the controller. There are several locations but I chose to hide it behind and up and toward the passenger side of the pedal assembly. It's the easiest location for me when I did it.

This picture doesn't show my final location but I wanted to show how you could tuck in the controller box underneath the carpet from here. Then you route the wire (to the controller) underneath this carpet up toward the center console for a clean look.

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/...109_173030.jpg
Henkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #36
Henkle

First impression

I took a test drive after the install.
I was all smiles and giggles...

I got on a long stretch of road (no traffic) with the gentle throttle acceleration, then switched modes on the controller from Eco to normal then to P1, P2 and P3. Each mode changes the characteristics of the car. It's like increasing the urgency, or releasing the power of the beast more and more each mode. By P3, the car feels so responsive and that it wants to move forward in a hurry. I didn't want to run past speed limit so I had to back out my throttle by this time... it just wanted to keep accelerating...

I'd like to thank Mike for offering the ported throttle body and now this controller. Now I understand what Mike said about TB and TC are different and that they complement each other.

For those who are still thinking, just get these and you won't regret it!
Not to mention that Mike's service is second to none!
BTW I got my TB & TC (different times) and they both arrive early!

Thanks Mike!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #37
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkle View Post

2) location to put the controller for a clean look

... show how you could tuck in the controller box underneath the carpet from here. Then you route the wire (to the controller) underneath this carpet up toward the center console for a clean look.

Thank you for the photo, sir. I went back out of Friday and fussed and bothered with trying to relocate the controller box and my knees just would not tolerate me resting on them but for so long, so ultimately I just tied mine back off again and drove around awhile.

I contacted Mike and he indicated that I explore the exact area you have pictured above.

The Throttle Controller is just about the best $75 bucks you will ever spend on this engine. For the price of 2 partial tanks of gasoline, this is just a no-brainer, ESPECIALLY if you have the ported throttle body already installed.

As soon as I am physically able to get back on my knees for any length of time, I will address this nagging placement issue. I have some special knee medicine I am applying at this time. I predict I shall soon feel better and/or not give a damn.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #38
Henkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
The Throttle Controller is just about the best $75 bucks you will ever spend on this engine. For the price of 2 partial tanks of gasoline, this is just a no-brainer, ESPECIALLY if you have the ported throttle body already installed.
Completely agreed; except it's the price of 1 tank of gas for those of us in Southern California!

Yes this work wasn't easy on the knees...

I rested my upper abdominal on the door sill as much as I could, to relief some weight off my knees. I even put paper cartons plus folded towels under my knees... (I don't have knee pads)
Old 11-11-2019, 04:10 AM   #39
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Hi Mike - when will they be back in stock?

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #40
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Hi Mike - when will they be back in stock?
TC's will be available again the first week of December 2019, likely earlier but don't want to disappoint. You are welcome to place orders nevertheless.

All TB's are in stock.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #41
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
Got mine yesterday and installed fine (except for the tight squeeze between the seat and steering wheel for even normal sized people lol). Pushing the box and the connector under the carpet, for a clean install, takes a bit of contorting but can be done. Programing is a breeze. Is the result worth the effort? You bet your ass!!!!!!! I tested most of the settings and have found that P1.1 is comfortable for me......my initial test at P2.5 was kinda scary with too sensitive a throttle. Its a big difference for only a small price.....hope it doesnt throw a CEL like the Vitesse did after a few months.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #42
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Try 1.9 in touring mode.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote