Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #589
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
Just got off the phone with the nice people at Soler, my throttle body is "on the way".

Amen! Halleluija!!!! Let us pray!!!
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #590
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Screw it I'm going to pull the trigger on the Throttle controller for my Z.
Will report back on it.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #591
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
To say this installs as easy as pie is an exaggeration.

Pie is MUCH more difficult.

As has been stated elsewhere, loosen both ends of the air intake duct so you can move it out of the way, loosen bottom right bolt on the throttle body first due to it being the least easily accessible of the four, and that dreaded 2019 gray ECM connector... I reached under the connector before I pulled the old throttle body off, put my index finger on the raised ridge at the rear of the tab and ever so slightly moved the tip of my index finger towards my wrist, it unlatched and the connector fell off under the tension of the wiring harness. So much for that.

In any event, easy off, easy on, reattached ECM connector latch, wrenched the 4 bolts down to "pretty tight", reconnected and re-tightend intake duct clamps and we are D-O-N-E.

I'll post a few pictures later, right now my ECM has some relearning to do and it is a very nice day out there.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #592
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Impressions:
Before - Powerful car, a bit unruly, I would liken it to a horse not quite broken in yet, prone to a bit of skittishness when being tapped to go.

After - The horse is tamed. It steps off smoothly.

First off, apologies for my camera, the auto focus wasn't always focusing where I thought it was focusing, so I have attempted to sharpen the detail where needed, and it shows.

The dreaded 2019 ECM Connector.

This is the underside of the connector. I placed the tip of my index finger on the widest part of the gray latching mechanism and slid straight back along the axis of the connector. DO NOT LIFT, PRY, TURN, etc. Just slide it directly to the rear. It unlatched and fell out.

The innards in all of their glory (and the auto focus actually worked). Strongly recommend disconnecting BOTH ends of the intake duct as it will make your life much easier.

Everything is back together. There is virtually no way anyone can spot this improvement without taking the intake duct off.

Thanks, Mike. This was well worth the money.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #593
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Soler Prf. TB+TC=Total Throttle Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Screw it I'm going to pull the trigger on the Throttle controller for my Z.
Will report back on it.
Thanks, Z650HP.

It really brings it all together coupled with our TB's. Think of it as a trial, if you don't think it is worth it, we'll take it back, full refund and pre-paid return label.
Nothing to lose by trying it. We are very confident you'll like it.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #594
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Thank you, Blue_6.2. Glad you liked it.

BTW, your decals are on the way in a separate envelope/shipment. They should arrive anytime.

Please, consider our throttle controllers (TC), they add another layer of responsiveness on top of the TB, many layers in fact, customizable at your fingertips (one touch), also super easy to install and warranty safe. Only $75 now.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #595
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
In addition to the surge I get that others have reported, does anyone else feel like there care is a little more rough sitting still at idle. While my RPMs don't seem to surge up and down noticeably at idle, my car does seem to noticeably shake more (if that makes since)
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #596
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
In addition to the surge I get that others have reported, does anyone else feel like there care is a little more rough sitting still at idle. While my RPMs don't seem to surge up and down noticeably at idle, my car does seem to noticeably shake more (if that makes since)
Hi, Doug. Please e-mail or call us, you have a one year warranty. We'll make it right no matter how small the issue is.

Thanks,
Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #597
CBren

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Started to look into this thread , pretty interested in purchasing when you guys have any kind of promotion. When will your next sale be? Any Halloween discounts? Thank you! Amazing product
CBren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:29 AM   #598
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Got my soler throttle controller today. Ordered it not even two days ago. Super quick shipping and although I haven't installed it yet probably tomorrow. It looks like a fine piece. Can't wait to see how it gets along with its brother the soler throttle body.
Thanks Mike for the excellent transaction.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:05 AM   #599
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Got my soler throttle controller today. Ordered it not even two days ago. Super quick shipping and although I haven't installed it yet probably tomorrow. It looks like a fine piece. Can't wait to see how it gets along with its brother the soler throttle body.
Thanks Mike for the excellent transaction.
Thank you, Z650HP. We hope you'll like it, and please let us know how it goes.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:18 AM   #600
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
These guys explained that the cars have a variance from car to car. Their model is to give us the most aggressive throttle body and if you experience Negative effects they’ll dial it back for your specific car. This is more cost and effort on their part so we all get the most out of the throttle body.
Exactly, and despite us having to do that it still makes a good business case for a one-size-fits-all is only apparently convenient but not optimum, and we strongly believe that our success depends on that among other things.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #601
Doug SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Just received the throttle controller (a day early) installed it and started in P2.1 drove about 3 miles pulled over backed down to P1.9 perfect. 2019 SS (650 miles) MBRP axel back K&N drop in the rest stock. Really wakes it up Thanks Mr. Mike. I’m eyeballing the throttle body.

Last edited by Doug SS; 11-07-2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to ad the brand of exhaust
Doug SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #602
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
These guys explained that the cars have a variance from car to car. Their model is to give us the most aggressive throttle body and if you experience Negative effects they’ll dial it back for your specific car. This is more cost and effort on their part so we all get the most out of the throttle body.
This is so true!
Mike is willing to get you the right TB for your car and is willing to put his money where his mouth is.
His Customer Service and tenacity to do the right thing is above all I've seen.