Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #113
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
i too am a little worried that chev is going to f$#% up the 6th gen. why I'm going to buy a camaro next year and not wait for 2015!
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #114
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I think chances are low GM will completely screw it up. Worse case is they go too much "Chevy family" like the '14, which looks like the Impala, which looks like the Traverse. The Camaro should be a 4 seat GT alternative to the Vette, where GM can sell it for high contribution margins. Let the Asian companies compete on price. The interesting thing about the Camaro is people keep spending $1000s after they buy it - Performance Parts needs to be better dealer supported.

I still think we'll get a similar looking car to what we have now, down to the roof line and fenders. It will be just cut to fit on the Alpha platform.

The C7 is a home run.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #115
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
V6 CTS 3616
V6 ATS 3561

Looks like a 6th Gen will be about 3600
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #116
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I think chances are low GM will completely screw it up. The C7 is a home run.
Agreed!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #117
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Not too many people are going to drive their vette like that,lol. nice to know you could if you wanted to beat the crap out of it once in a while....
I dont think they are going to mess up the new Camaro...there really has never been a bad one yet...the hp sucked in the late 70's ,and 80's but they still looked pretty good.
We live in a time where everyone wants everything now ,and perfect but forgets what the past was like and how lucky we are to have the choices and level of performance thats available in this day and age. PLus with the aftermarket you can make it look however you want. I say if your worried its all for nothing, dont buy it....
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #118
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@HPE View Post
After seeing what they did to the C7 Corvette rear fascia I'm growing concerned they're going to ruin the 6th generation Camaro. Add to that the polarizing change to the 2014 Camaro tail lights, I'm not optimistic we're going to get a better looking 6th gen Camaro. I mean look at the rear fascia of the new Corvette, what were they thinking?
They were thinking it looked good. Lots of people agree...Some certainly don't, and that's fine. But such an opinion in the minority doesn't justify the judgement that it was "ruined".

A more fair question, then, is probably; "Do you think you'll like what Chevy does to the 6th Gen Camaro?". The same people in charge of the entire 5th gen design and engineering are in charge of the 6th gen....Tom Peters, the design guru on top of it all - knows full well the difference between the Corvette and the Camaro, what makes them look good...and what each group of enthusiasts are asking for.

He also knows you can't win over everyone, all the time.
So, they're going to make the car look like a Camaro.

And as Camaro history has shown:

50% of people will love it immediately.

25% of people will wait and like it later.

...of the 25% who say they hate it, 80% will see it in person and learn to like it...

....and the world will go 'round and 'round.....

IMHO...
Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #119
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Only thing that will make me give up my Camaro is a C7, but probably will figure out a way to have both. This America damn it, we can do!
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #120
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
I think the rear of the C7 is the "worst" part of the car. And I LIKE it. The rest of the car, I love.

The new rear of the Camaro is OK. Most of it has grown on me. But the square, deep inset, dual-material license plate cavern needs re-thinking.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #121
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I think the rear of the C7 is the "worst" part of the car. And I LIKE it. The rest of the car, I love.

The new rear of the Camaro is OK. Most of it has grown on me. But the square, deep inset, dual-material license plate cavern needs re-thinking.
I for one thinks the rear of the C7 is awesome, what I don't care much about is the Grille opening. But if everyone liked the same thing it would be a dull world.
It's going to be the same with the 6th Gen Camaro, some will love it and others will think they ruined it.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #122
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Interesting that there's not much Camaro6 opinions here, mostly opinions about some silly Corvette that's covered in other threads. Who cares about Corvette here? Really? Famously quoting, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

To answer the question at hand, it will be tough to say if GM will screw it up. If the bean counters win, they will.

Should GM leave a hint or two of heritage in the new design? I hope so. But it wouldn't kill me if they didn't. They do need to take advantage of what many feel the Crustang's potential crappy look will do to their segment and ensure they don't try to Globalize the inherent iconic and US American look of the pony car. Build it for the faithful and others will come. Just like they did for the 5th gen.

Only one way to find out, and that's wait. We shall soon see what the 2016 revamp will look like, and if 2014/2015 production remains at a high level, there should be PLENTY of 5th gen Camaros left over for the people who hate it but want a new Camaro to choose from.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #123
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I know it's gonna be hard to come close to the success of the 5th Gen. Just because the 5th Gen was a Retro look of the one camaro almost everyone considered the best camaro ever made. The 67-69 but I don't care because I know that I'll always love the 5th gene over anything else.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #124
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Judging by that picture we're in good hands in my opinion. I love everything about the C7.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #125
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
To answer the question at hand, it will be tough to say if GM will screw it up. If the bean counters win, they will.

Only one way to find out, and that's wait. .
...with the most recent development of technology and enhancements across the product line development, the bean counter model has obviously been left by the wayside. I agree we must wait and see.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #126
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Im not worried but I am worried about the 50th anniversary edition. If it is a limited edition that is the car to have.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation