Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 PM   #43
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Fair enough, so we have the real dyno numbers how does the butt dyno feel!
The car feels insane especially at WOT. Snapping it to 2nd is unreal!! I should have done this a long time ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro_89 View Post
Hey bro great thread here! Glad you have the Hellcat back awesome numbers btw! Happy for you! *fist bump*

Looking forward in hearing how the car responds and how much harder it must pull now give us the details!

I figured you definitely need some good tires to hook with the extra power you have now. What do you think about trying the new Nitto 555rII for it?
Thanks dude!! I'm not sure which tires I'm going with at this point but the Nittos do seem to be a favorite. So I am kinda leaning towards them. Since these cars are not used for tracking it does seem like a lot of people go with cheap tires on the front (like my Cosmo MM tires) and then a good tire on the back. That way they save money. So I might as well just do that. I'm gonna try to figure it out in the next few weeks.

Plans for my cars and bikes over the next few weeks include air filter, slip on, dyno tune for the H2-SX...air filter, slip on (if not a full system), and dyno tune for the Busa...rear tires (at least), possible blower porting, and possible catback for the HC...dyno tune, intake, catback for the X5...and then I gotta start saving up to do some extensive mods on the ZL1. Again I am considering the JMS STage IV setup. But some people have been pointing me towards a simple blower porting, LT, pulley, and dyno tune. If I can get away with that and not have issues with excessive heat then I might just go that route. Hopefully everything will be done before Summer 2021!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #44
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The car feels insane especially at WOT. Snapping it to 2nd is unreal!! I should have done this a long time ago!

Thanks dude!! I'm not sure which tires I'm going with at this point but the Nittos do seem to be a favorite. So I am kinda leaning towards them. Since these cars are not used for tracking it does seem like a lot of people go with cheap tires on the front (like my Cosmo MM tires) and then a good tire on the back. That way they save money. So I might as well just do that. I'm gonna try to figure it out in the next few weeks.

Plans for my cars and bikes over the next few weeks include air filter, slip on, dyno tune for the H2-SX...air filter, slip on (if not a full system), and dyno tune for the Busa...rear tires (at least), possible blower porting, and possible catback for the HC...dyno tune, intake, catback for the X5...and then I gotta start saving up to do some extensive mods on the ZL1. Again I am considering the JMS STage IV setup. But some people have been pointing me towards a simple blower porting, LT, pulley, and dyno tune. If I can get away with that and not have issues with excessive heat then I might just go that route. Hopefully everything will be done before Summer 2021!!
ha your gonna be able to hop in a 600HP car and call it slow when you are all done!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #45
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
ha your gonna be able to hop in a 600HP car and call it slow when you are all done!
Most cars feel slow to me now anyway since I DD my Hellcat and ZL1. The only time I drive the X5 is when it snows. My ZL1 despite having "only" 650 HP still feels fast but that is due to how well it was built. That is probably about the "slowest" I can tolerate these days. I'm kinda glad I cancelled my C8 purchase because in hindsight it would not have been enough for me. I doubt the C8 Z06 will do it for me either. So after I mod the ZL1 I think my next car will have to be something even further beyond...like a McLaren.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #46
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I got a quote for some mods to the ZL1 so I gotta start saving up. I'm hoping to get the work done in the Spring. As of right now I'm looking at head work, cam, Whipple, etc to the tune of 800-ish RWHP on 93 octane.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #47
shaffe

Quote:
Most cars feel slow to me now anyway since I DD my Hellcat and ZL1. The only time I drive the X5 is when it snows. My ZL1 despite having "only" 650 HP still feels fast but that is due to how well it was built. That is probably about the "slowest" I can tolerate these days. I'm kinda glad I cancelled my C8 purchase because in hindsight it would not have been enough for me. I doubt the C8 Z06 will do it for me either. So after I mod the ZL1 I think my next car will have to be something even further beyond...like a McLaren.
First world problems!

I am sure the C8 Z06 will be a monster but I don't think it will have that brute force acceleration like your current rides.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 09-05-2020, 07:36 AM   #48
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I got a quote for some mods to the ZL1 so I gotta start saving up. I'm hoping to get the work done in the Spring. As of right now I'm looking at head work, cam, Whipple, etc to the tune of 800-ish RWHP on 93 octane.
Congrats on getting the HC back, I am very interested in seeing you H/C/I build for the ZL1. That would be the ultimate car IMO. A Cammed ZL1 and I have all I need.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #49
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
First world problems!

I am sure the C8 Z06 will be a monster but I don't think it will have that brute force acceleration like your current rides.
Yea it probably won't. But then, come to think of it, the Base C8 just about keeps up with the A10 ZL1 from a roll. I wonder how the C8 Z06 will feel since it has more power and is (probably) lighter than the Base C8. It'll probably outrun the ZL1 and have a higher or similar top speed. I am interested in seeing how it performs in comparison. But I still don't think it'll be enough for me. Especially considering what I can do to the ZL1 for under $14K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Congrats on getting the HC back, I am very interested in seeing you H/C/I build for the ZL1. That would be the ultimate car IMO. A Cammed ZL1 and I have all I need.
Thanks. Yea I've been emailing JMS these past couple weeks but now I think it is about time I go ahead and bear down and bite the bullet. I'm gonna getting it ready to do the mods and hopefully it'll be ready to ship down there around this time next year. I'm thinking I'll see a bit more than what the Hellcat has. I'm gunning for 800+ to the wheels on 93 octane.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #50
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

And the bullet has been bit. I put the deposit down so it's a set deal!! Hopefully I'll have the work done in about 8 months!!!
Old 10-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #51
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
And the bullet has been bit. I put the deposit down so it's a set deal!! Hopefully I'll have the work done in about 8 months!!!
Old 10-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #52
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, I'm paying it off in installments. And I'm trying to just take my time and pay it off slowly. But each day that passes, the urge to just pay it all off immediately and ship it down there gets stronger and stronger. The good thing about it is that the parts are on back order. So I'll have to wait either way. But Lord help me, if they email me and tell me they have the parts ready, then I might just go ahead and ship it!!
Old 10-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #53
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So since some of the parts are on back order, I asked JMS to update me when they become available. I plan to go ahead and pay it off as soon as the parts are available. It is better to do that than to pay it off in a year and end up having to wait a few extra months. So that is where I'm at right now. Hopefully the parts will be available in the next few months and I'll go ahead and pay it all off.

In the meantime I contacted HHP about doing a second upgrade to the Hellcat. It seems that 766 RWHP just is not enough. So I might be stepping up to their stage 2 package. It adds in a lower pulley and 2 different upper pulleys (along with a few other items). The low boost setup will have me right around where I'm at right now. The high boost setup will require race gas and should be in the 950+ RWHP range. Maybe even over 1000. So we'll see how that plays in with my current plans.

If all goes well, then by this time next year I'll have an 850-ish RWHP ZL1, a 950-ish RWHP Hellcat, my H2-SX will be around 220-ish WHP, and my Busa will be close to 200 WHP.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #54
shaffe

unlimited poweeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #55
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

My timeline for the work to be done on the ZL1 just moved up. So it's looking like I'll be ready to ship her out there in a couple months instead of towards the end of the year.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I decided to add the flex fuel setup for E85 and a race gas tune setup to my package. I figure that will give me greater versatility for if I'm in different areas that have different fuels.