Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
tejaswi98

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS NPP
MBRP Exhaust on 19 SS NPP

Hey Guys,

I am looking to change my stock npp exhaust on my 19 ss. I love the way the stock sounds at high rpms and I really love the pops and crackles. I want to make sure that I do not lose the pops and crackles and I want it to be acutally loud at idle. Did anyone install the MBRP axle back exhaust on the 19 ss and notice if the pops were still there?
tejaswi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
Kyrac0103
Kyrac

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
I just installed the MBRP track edition axle-back on my 18 2SS and have only fired up the car once since, just to take it out on a quick drive to hear the sound... The pops & crackle were still there, alot louder than the stock exhaust but what really surprised me was the sound at highway speed (60-65 mph) was no louder than my OEM exhaust... I would definitely recommend the MBRP system, easy to install and fit like a glove, plus it is one of the few that comes in flat black, including the 4" tips and that is what I wanted...
Kyrac0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Just like the other guy said.. totally worth it. And if anything I think it pops and crackles more then stock. Especially if u hollow out or remove the secondaries. Definately deeper sound. Mellow when u want it to b but crazy in wot or hard accel... I had used the dB meter on my phone before and after Installing and the average was about 10-12 dB increase
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 AM   #4
tejaswi98

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS NPP
Thank you

Thanks a lot! Definitely will get MBRP. Thats what I was looking for.
tejaswi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #5
NFG_REECE

Drives: NFG Chevy Camaro 2SS
Any drone with the system? Was thinking about going cat-back route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrac0103 View Post
I just installed the MBRP track edition axle-back on my 18 2SS and have only fired up the car once since, just to take it out on a quick drive to hear the sound... The pops & crackle were still there, alot louder than the stock exhaust but what really surprised me was the sound at highway speed (60-65 mph) was no louder than my OEM exhaust... I would definitely recommend the MBRP system, easy to install and fit like a glove, plus it is one of the few that comes in flat black, including the 4" tips and that is what I wanted...
NFG_REECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #6
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFG_REECE View Post
Any drone with the system? Was thinking about going cat-back route
0 drone on mine
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #7
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs510 View Post
Just like the other guy said.. totally worth it. And if anything I think it pops and crackles more then stock. Especially if u hollow out or remove the secondaries. Definately deeper sound. Mellow when u want it to b but crazy in wot or hard accel... I had used the dB meter on my phone before and after Installing and the average was about 10-12 dB increase
Are your referring to the resonators that hang off the sides of the MBRP track exhaust? If so i was thinking of removing them too but i was afraid of it being too raspy. If you did do this, is it raspy?
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019, exhaust, mbrp, pops