Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
OH BOY!!

What do you guys think?
https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/dear-j...or-a-gm-lemon/
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
STYLO LT1

Of all GM vehicles, why did it have to be a Camaro?
Old 03-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
the response basically shows that the writer of the submission actually accepted the offer GM gave them and appeared amicable to the outcome, which contradicts the tone and wording of the submission to this website. Almost like he didn't expect GM to report to this website what the submitter actually wrote back as a conclusion to the whole ordeal.

Submitter of that website posting is an attention whore. They got what they should have gotten and are trying to spin some kind of negative public view (like a yelp threat or something) to get more despite privately thanking GM.

lame.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
the response basically shows that the writer of the submission actually accepted the offer GM gave them and appeared amicable to the outcome, which contradicts the tone and wording of the submission to this website. Almost like he didn't expect GM to report to this website what the submitter actually wrote back as a conclusion to the whole ordeal.

Submitter of that website posting is an attention whore. They got what they should have gotten and are trying to spin some kind of negative public view (like a yelp threat or something) to get more despite privately thanking GM.

lame.
Agreed. I am a veteran of a GM buyback. While it took 4 months, in the end GM did right by me. I bought 3 more Camaros after that experience.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Sour grapes cause he bought a Camaro and they gave him a Camaro and covered fees?
some people.
He got exactly what he should have, the Dear John writer actually found out the truth from chevy and basically call him out on it on the BS.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #6
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
OP, what do I think? The New York Post should be out of business for creating more news than it reports. This is a non-story, especially after the complainer got everything he wanted.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #7
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
OP, what do I think? The New York Post should be out of business for creating more news than it reports. This is a non-story, especially after the complainer got everything he wanted.
That is the entire point of the article.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #8
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The person didn’t get a Corvette for his lemon Camaro and that’s why he is still complaining about the settlement he got from GM!
Old 03-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #9
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Yeah I'm a buy back veteran too . 2 trucks in a row 2017 Silverado 2018 Sierra! They offered to buy the Silverado back as long as I bought another GM product of my liking . Ordered the GMC direct specked exactly for me . Within 100 miles or so it started the same TC issue / the dealership never attempted any work so after three trips there I went through the whole lemon law process about a year from start to finish ,in the end GM rep stated the problem was in my "imagination" unfortunately for them the mediator did not agree LOL .
I was soo gun shy of ever buying GM again that when I got the Camaro fever I almost preferred a car that had been proven with some mileage .
Old 03-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #10
STYLO LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
I agree with you 100%.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #11
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Traded for another camaro...sounds fair...whats the problem? What am I missing.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote