Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 12-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #15
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericksfan_04 View Post
I highly recommend Big Worm. I got the darkest color they offer and it covers everything and was easy to put on. I get compliments on it all the time and people can't believe it wasn't professionally done.
I'll check them out. Can light still pass through it? I'd rather not get pulled over lol Also, where did you get those nice rims? lol
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #16
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I got mine from Phastek (Darkest) and they cover all the side markers and 3rd brake light in full. I would think some computer laser cuts may not all be the same which tells me there is a chance to get one that doesn't cover it fully from any company. Also a heat gun will help with fitment 100%.
Will compare the prices between phastex and bigworm and see. Also, same question as the other guy. Can light pass through?
Old 12-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #17
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanchez18 View Post
Will compare the prices between phastex and bigworm and see. Also, same question as the other guy. Can light pass through?
Yes, light will pass through. The only drawback I've seen is from the headlight tint, it's a significant drop in light output IMO, but that just means that people don't think I have my brights on all the time

I have the Phastek kit.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #18
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Yes without any issue the light passes through on the darkest ones they sell. Also i think i have a extra brand new in wrapper 1 set of 4 Dark side marker tints from Phastek if your interested PM me for price, the same as the ones on my car...
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
mavericksfan_04

Drives: 2016 2SS A8, NPP, NAV
Quote:
I'll check them out. Can light still pass through it? I'd rather not get pulled over lol Also, where did you get those nice rims? lol

Yes, light can still pass through.

Thanks, they're MRR 228 Glossy Black Rims: 20x10 (front) & 20x11 (rear) w/stock tires. I searched numerous places online and found the place with the best price (sorry, I can't remember who had the best price at that time) and then went to Discount Tire and asked if they could order them, which they did and they also ordered me some black Gorilla wheel locks (every lug is a lock).

Mods:
MRR 228 Glossy Black Rims: 20x10 & 20x11 (stock tires), Body Spear Stripes, Black Bowties & Smoked/Tinted Lights by Big Worm Graphix (Head, Tail, Side Markers, Rear Reflectors & 3rd Brake Light)

Upcoming Mods:
Window Tint, Black GM Splitter & Black Rocker Panels
mavericksfan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #20
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericksfan_04 View Post
Yes, light can still pass through.

Thanks, they're MRR 228 Glossy Black Rims: 20x10 (front) & 20x11 (rear) w/stock tires. I searched numerous places online and found the place with the best price (sorry, I can't remember who had the best price at that time) and then went to Discount Tire and asked if they could order them, which they did and they also ordered me some black Gorilla wheel locks (every lug is a lock).
Those wheels are dope!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #21
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K16SummitSS View Post
Yes, light will pass through. The only drawback I've seen is from the headlight tint, it's a significant drop in light output IMO, but that just means that people don't think I have my brights on all the time

I have the Phastek kit.
OK cool! Yeah, I might not cover my headlights but the rest im planning to