Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2024, 01:06 PM   #15
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Okay, very strange then. I have only experienced the nagging indicator, but no physical lockout.
If you want to confirm you have the lockout try shifting into second at 1200 rpm. If you’re giving too much throttle before shifting it won’t lockout so only lightly accelerate to 1200 rpm. Two conditions have to be met in order for the lockout to activate. 1) Throttle has to be at X percentage or lower before you let off to shift. 2) You have to be below a specific RPM

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:21 PM   #16
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Thanks for all the tips guys. Like I said this is my 3rd car with the 6060 and I also had the T56 so I'm no stranger to the 1st to 2nd when cold issues. This one is just different, there is no grind ever but sometimes it just doesn't go all the way into 2nd gear and that's when it will pop out when you let the clutch out. I'm getting better at feeling what's going on and avoiding problems. I think it's a synchro thing that is preventing the gears from aligning and meshing. Soon as I get a chance I'm going to try Royal Purple, it that doesn't work then it will be Redline D4 which I have used in the past.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:08 PM   #17
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT6Speed View Post
Yeah it's there. The message will stay on for a bit even after you pass the lockout window, so you could just be missing it.

I guess I don't drive it in a way that makes it turn on
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 09:34 PM   #18
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Okay, very strange then. I have only experienced the nagging indicator, but no physical lockout.
It only activates for certain conditions. If you always shift higher then a certain RPM in first gear then you can get the message and never actually trigger it. I don't know the exact window, but I'd guess it only activates between 2000-2400 RPM. Shift before or after that and you likely get the message, but not activate the lockout.

I'm still going to install a skip shift (which just arrived in the mail today actually). It is very annoying the times I forget to shift outside the window and activate it. I look like a first time driver while I wait for the lockout to deactivate and finally shift to second (I hate lugging the engine so I usually wait rather then shift to 3rd)
speedyink1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:03 PM   #19
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
If you don't drive it like a Pinto from 1978 and shift the trans from 1st to 2nd at 23 mph or above 3k while doing a 2 part pull into gear. It should be fine. Ive never had the trans lock me out or force me from 2nd to 4th. This TR 6060 seems to like a 2 part pull into the next gear. The only time I've had my trans pop out of gear was when the the outside temps were cool and I didn't pull the shifter through the gate. I beat on this car every time I drive it and redline multiple gears each time I take it out on the street or on the track.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote