Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #43
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Wait a min... I thought you needed spacers to fit the rears onto the front.

Are you telling me I can run a 275 square setup with OEM wheels?
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:08 PM   #44
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
What a great time to read this post while I am sitting in the waiting area at my Chevy dealer waiting on a oil change/rotation/multi point inspection (which they never do anyway).
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #45
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
What a great time to read this post while I am sitting in the waiting area at my Chevy dealer waiting on a oil change/rotation/multi point inspection (which they never do anyway).
Hope you get your car back in one piece.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #46
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post

I would check your tires before you leave. Seriously. Oil level too.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #47
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
what makes people really upset with dealers is that they have no alternative but to use another dealer in most cases.

if grubhub kept screwing up ...you could say f grubhub and goto the restaurant yourself and get your food. But we're not allowed to goto the manufacturer to get car work / new cars etc done if we've decided that the more convenient dealers are not acceptable.

so yea, is the animosity towards them stereotyped ? for sure. Is it a justified stereotype? Definitely. If they didn't think so, they would allow themselves to be optional instead of fighting to keep laws they got passed a long time ago to make them required.
Therein lies the rub. Franchise laws. Each state has their own. All 50 of them.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:55 PM   #48
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Looks like based on this review they don't know much about the C7 as well.

https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/G..._NEGATIVE#link
Old 05-20-2021, 01:02 AM   #49
Staves

Drives: women crazy
That blows. Didn’t even know horizontal rotations are a thing with staggered set up?
Old 05-20-2021, 01:28 AM   #50
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
That blows. Didn’t even know horizontal rotations are a thing with staggered set up?

tell me about it. I even told the service advisor as well and she knew the SS has the larger rear tires.

Next time I might just go to a tire shop and have them rotated.

I doubt I'll need a rotation again because I'm going to replace them later this summer. I bought it used so of course it had cheaper Nexen brand tires on it.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:45 AM   #51
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Just plowed through this whole thread and absolutely *none* of this surprises me. I refused to even let them do the free oil changes. GM dealers are not working on my car, period. The level of incompetence is downright staggering. And as bad as that is, it’s the “I don’t give a fxxx” attitude that makes it even worse.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:05 AM   #52
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Just plowed through this whole thread and absolutely *none* of this surprises me. I refused to even let them do the free oil changes. GM dealers are not working on my car, period. The level of incompetence is downright staggering. And as bad as that is, it’s the “I don’t give a fxxx” attitude that makes it even worse.

Maybe it's just a few bad dealers, but I've never had a problem with Ford dealers in St. Louis when I used them for service. Few times I did was Dave Sinclair with my Mustang and never had issues. Ford dealer down here I tried a couple times with my Stang and no issues.

Yes, it does seem GM has more horror stories and such. I'm not talking about denied warranty work from all the automakers type problems you read about on forums, but shoddy type work done by incompetence like mine for example.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:36 PM   #53
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Maybe it's just a few bad dealers, but I've never had a problem with Ford dealers in St. Louis when I used them for service. Few times I did was Dave Sinclair with my Mustang and never had issues. Ford dealer down here I tried a couple times with my Stang and no issues.

Yes, it does seem GM has more horror stories and such. I'm not talking about denied warranty work from all the automakers type problems you read about on forums, but shoddy type work done by incompetence like mine for example.
Funny, you mention Ford as I just bought a new 2021 Expedition Limited 4WD because the local Ford dealer has traditionally been pretty good with service. I looked at a GMC Yukon but couldn’t stomach the thought of needing more GM service. Lol
Old 05-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #54
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Back in high school I did a summer class at the local vo-tech: Auto Mechanics. Talked with the instructor and asked him about where their program graduates go. His top two "A+" students went to work for the local Porsche and Mercedes dealer and were taking home $40/hr back in the mid 80s. He did say nearly all his students who stay in the industry after graduation end up with work at local dealerships. So it's not hard to do the math on where the C and D students end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
plant city is too far to come for service.stingray chevy does great work.
I heard a couple good things about Sunset in Sarasota from local Corvette owners. Took The Mistress to meet the service manager back in 2017. He seemed nice enough. Showed me the bay where his "senior performance tech" worked, the only one certified for Corvettes and Camaros he said. They had a 5th gen in for HVAC work in that tech's bay. Now I know that is a major PITA of a job. Tech was done with the teardown and gone for the day, but had left the dash on the roof and misc. trim parts on the trunk. Nothing between the parts and the paint anywhere.

I haven't been back.

If I have a big ticket warranty issue, I'll have it flat-bedded out to Stingray in Plant City.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:14 PM   #55
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Back in high school I did a summer class at the local vo-tech: Auto Mechanics. Talked with the instructor and asked him about where their program graduates go. His top two "A+" students went to work for the local Porsche and Mercedes dealer and were taking home $40/hr back in the mid 80s. He did say nearly all his students who stay in the industry after graduation end up with work at local dealerships. So it's not hard to do the math on where the C and D students end up.

I heard a couple good things about Sunset in Sarasota from local Corvette owners. Took The Mistress to meet the service manager back in 2017. He seemed nice enough. Showed me the bay where his "senior performance tech" worked, the only one certified for Corvettes and Camaros he said. They had a 5th gen in for HVAC work in that tech's bay. Now I know that is a major PITA of a job. Tech was done with the teardown and gone for the day, but had left the dash on the roof and misc. trim parts on the trunk. Nothing between the parts and the paint anywhere.

I haven't been back.

If I have a big ticket warranty issue, I'll have it flat-bedded out to Stingray in Plant City.

There is a guy on here who's had hell of a time with dash board replacements. Each time the dealer puts dings in the dash to the point they just pay the guy the money and said go somewhere else to repair it.

if it's out of warranty it's best to find a GOOD shop that works on performance cars and stay away from the overpriced dealers who likely have a revolving door of low end techs doing the work.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #56
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

I haven't been back.

$40 in the mid 80s? That would be like $80 an hour today! Porsche mechanics make that much? I wonder what Lambo's make? I got into the wrong field!