Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Top Leaks when it rains :( See picture

My top has a slow drip (down the inside of the window) when it rains, nothing major, yet. Are these type issues covered during the 3/36 warranty? Thanks
Attached Images

Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
My top has a slow drip (down the inside of the window) when it rains, nothing major, yet. Are these type issues covered during the 3/36 warranty? Thanks
Yes, that should be covered. The problem is finding a dealer tech competent enough to troubleshoot whatever’s causing the issue.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #3
Soon2be 21SS

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
Same thing happening with my brand new vert in exact same place. I drove home in a deluge and went through about 6 McDonald’s napkins. Luckily I have a garage. I shudder to think what happens to a top that has to sit outside. Come to think of it mine sat outside for over a month waiting for a stinking chip. Have scheduled dealer time for their “leak” expert. I’ll report back later. It sure better be covered by warranty.
Soon2be 21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:09 PM   #4
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Put top down wipe clean with micro fiber towel on gasket . Then use silicone spray on another micro fiber wipe that on lightly and see if that helps.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #5
Soon2be 21SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2be 21SS View Post
Same thing happening with my brand new vert in exact same place. I drove home in a deluge and went through about 6 McDonald’s napkins. Luckily I have a garage. I shudder to think what happens to a top that has to sit outside. Come to think of it mine sat outside for over a month waiting for a stinking chip. Have scheduled dealer time for their “leak” expert. I’ll report back later. It sure better be covered by warranty.
Update as of 8/31
I drove down August 31 and they explained and showed me the weatherstripping right at the top that was not in pristine condition. They will be ordering new weatherstripping for that one piece so I’ll be headed down there again in a couple of days. No charge of course, under warranty. Once I get it completed and experience a good rain, I’ll report back.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:15 PM   #6
Soon2be 21SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2be 21SS View Post
Update as of 8/31
I drove down August 31 and they explained and showed me the weatherstripping right at the top that was not in pristine condition. They will be ordering new weatherstripping for that one piece so I’ll be headed down there again in a couple of days. No charge of course, under warranty. Once I get it completed and experience a good rain, I’ll report back.
Parts have still not come in. This supply chain issue is still prevalent. Hopefully it won’t rain when I need to be out.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
Blobby

Drives: Former Owner '16 Camaro 2LT V6 conv
That spot is bad in the rain when the door is open. No gutter on the edge of roof like hard tops. Roof is a few inches narrower than the floor, so water flows into the seat when the door is open. I do occasionally get a couple drops inside when it’s pouring hard.
Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #8
Soon2be 21SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobby View Post
That spot is bad in the rain when the door is open. No gutter on the edge of roof like hard tops. Roof is a few inches narrower than the floor, so water flows into the seat when the door is open. I do occasionally get a couple drops inside when it’s pouring hard.
Mine is brand new and during a hard rain I was getting a steady drip into the car. I went through about 6 McDonald’s’ napkins. I’m scheduled next Friday for them to install new weather stripping. Hopefully that works.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #9
Soon2be 21SS

Update:
I had the new weatherstripping installed. Actually squeaks more than before. Hopefully because roof now fits tighter; which hopefully translates into no leaks. Only time will tell.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #10
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Wipe with silicone spray
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote